The best Master-Pupil duo

Your favourites

• Total voters

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
From the poll I chose Gojo and Yuji, Biscuit and Gon and Killua, and Kakashi and team 7. Now some of these aren't perfect but they tried.

I'll leave my piece on Gojo and how good of a mentor he is in the spoilered part below
Gojo Satoru

What makes Satoru Gojo so good of a mentor is that despite him being the strongest around, a natural born genius and gifted, he can still easily notice his students' weaknesses and help them solve it.

Gojo Satoru is the best mentor for budding sorcerers in Jujutsu Kaisen. He is the strongest sorcerer, with both decades of battle experience and insider knowledge of the jujutsu society. This knowledge is invaluable, so those he passes it on to should count themselves lucky. Him being the teacher at the school that has henceforth produced sorcerers on the level of Yuji, Megumi, Yuta, Hakari and the rest is an achievement that speaks of itself. Each of these has fought and bested sorcerers from the Heian era touted as the Golden era of Jujutsu Sorcery.

He finds creative ways to help his students acquire what they need. Like the time he made Yuji watch movies in order for him to grasp and control cursed energy

He knows when he needs to take a step back and get help that he otherwise would not be able to do. A sign of a good mentor yet again.

Like the time he assigns Yuji to Nanami Kento
Because Nanami is better suited to show some things to Yuji.

With Megumi Satoru mentors him in a different way altogether. He is absolutely aware of the potential Megumi has and thus pushes him to reach that.

To win by dying and to win even if you die are completely different, Megumi.

It's the things Gojo taught them that save them each and every time they are in a difficult situation.

Gojo can adapt his teaching method to what is best suited for his students.

Gojo also knows that his students are still young and need a dose of fun at times.

When Yuji returns from death he helps him make his return less serious and easier for others to accept

What I like about Satoru as a mentor is that he gets his students and always thinks of them and thinks of them as equals, not in a strict teacher-student manner.

This is best exemplified during the Kyoto Goodwill event.

Long story short the Kyoto Goodwill event is an event where the two major Jujutsu Schools compete against each other. The students start by competing in teams with the final round always being 1 vs 1 fights. Now during the event they get attacked and the group that attacks them summons a barrier that prohibits Satoru Gojo from entering whilst allowing everyone and everything else entrance, which is crazy btw, that the jujutsu rules would allow something like that, but I'll stop there not to go on a tangent. Since Gojo can't enter the barrier the students and the other teachers have to fight those invaders. Until Satoru manages to break that barrier lmao, which again is just crazy but not to go on a tangent again I'll stop lol.

After the attack the other teachers decide amongst themselves to not continue with the regular school event at all. However Gojo leaves it up to the students themselves to decide whether the event should continue after all that went down. When they do decide to continue, the other adults are okay with following the same routine and having the students try to kill each other again. But Gojo decides that they will go with a baseball game instead, which not only helps the students take a much-needed breather but also lets the Kyoto students get to know Yuji as a fellow kid rather than as 'Sukuna's vessel'.

Gojo can adapt to virtually any of his students' needs and make it work. He did it with Yuji, Megumi and Yuta too

He won't allow anyone to take his students' youth away

That is why all of his students love him

To sum it up.

The ability to
> Teach people even though you are by far the strongest
> Adapt to each of your students
> Treat them as equals
> Always making them stronger
> Giving them all that's necessary to survive
> And not forgetting that at the end of the day they are still children and need a bit of fun every now and then

Are just some amongst the plethora of things that make Satoru Gojo the best mentor out there.​

There are also some mentors that are more, how should I put it, sly let's say it, like Dazai for Akutagawa and Atsushi, or Kisuke with Ichigo.

Other great mentors that you could mention are
Genkai for Yusuke
Izumi Curtis for the Elric brothers
Guy but strictly for Lee lol
The Professor for the Sanin
The Sanin themselves to varying degrees
Yami Sukehiro for Asta
Koro Sensei too

These are off the top of my head. I might be forgetting some.