The Case Of The Promised Neverland Season 2 Going Anime Original? Should We Be Worried?

How do you feel about the choice to go anime orignal?

• I love it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It sucks ass!

• I'm worried but optimistic

• Total voters
INTRODUCTION

When the promised neverland first aired in the winter season of 2019, it broke the internet with it's highly positive reception. Weebs all across the globe where jumping with joy as this new phenomenal show entertained millions of fans, zooming to the top rankings in multiple sites. With this critical acclaim, you would think TPN would be unstoppable in it's pursuit to rival legendary shows scores: such as AOT, FMA brotherhood, and cowboy bepop. Then the manga happened...

Before we dive into this pool of controversary, let me first acknowledge that I am NOT a manga reader! But I do have some knowledge on when the manga began to decline in quality according to manga fans, and certain events that got omitted in the anime. And this post will have spoilers for certain events in the manga; so click off now if you want to avoid them. NOW LET'S DIVE IN SHALL WE!

WHAT IS THE CONTROVERSARY?

First we must acknowledge what the controversary is in the first place! Apparently the latest episode of the promised neverland (episode 4) completely broke off from the manga, cutting characters, removing story beats, changing character interactions and so on. And from my limited knowledge, the most heinous removal seems to stim from the mister character. A old survivor who plays a key role in the goldy pond arc; a fan favorite for manga readers evidently.

Some manga readers even theorize that the goldy pond arc might be skipped, because of his exclusion, and the kids receiving an important call from minerva seemingly toon soon. Even as an anime only I can agree that these are some ludicrously huge changes; however the fun doesn't stop there folks, because our most beloved psycho milf Isballa the thickest returns! Wow, 2021 really is setting to be the year of the milf, with the tall lady, isaballa, Zenith etc...

Nevertheless, you would think everyone would be overjoyed at the return of such a legendary villain? NOPE! Manga readers are seething at the sight of isabellas early return, claiming the story is ruined and the anime is trash! Let's calm it down a notch and think about this rationally... On one hand deleting multiple arcs of covering the growth of Isabellas redemption is a very uncanny decision.

Remember that the author (Kai Shirai) is directing the course of the story herself; maybe she is trying to fix the disappointing direction of the story. No author wants to their works legacy to be ruined, so it's better to try again with the anime, rather than just let everything dive into a pile of shit. She's looking out for you guys, the fans. So how about we give it a chance before screaming bloody murder?

Also according to source readers, the SOL scenes with the kids learning how to survive is NOT in the manga. Thus, a lot of readers are declaring that the anime is wasting time, hindering the later arcs development. However, that's a foolish statement because the anime might not even adapt those arcs in the first place lol! And personally, I love these sol moments. It's perfect for building character and establishing an emotional bond between the audience and the children, before the inventible horror sweeps in with doom and gloom, what we all cherish TPN for!

CONCLUSION

The promised neverland has been a new staple icon of the anime community. A masterpiece for many, one for the few genuinely great horror anime ever! Imagine how unfortunate it would be for it's second season to ruin the entire series standing in the community? Now that doesn't mean the changes wont turn out shit, trust me I've been burned by MANY appalling "adaptions", so I know your pain.

However, there also plenty of great adaptions that changed much that ended up being BETTER than the source material. Solet's give the author and Cloverworks studio a chance before charging in with pitchforks! By the way, that was a joke. It's never necessary to harass the author and the employees for a fucking anime! Talking to you AOT community...

Nevertheless, how do you guys feel about the new direction the anime is going in? Are you worried, or do you trust cloverworks and the author? Let me know, I want to hear ya'll opinions!