Speculations "The Fantasista" Roronoa Zoro !

On chapter 387 and on a filler episode, both Nami and Perona called Zoro a "fantasista" due to his poor sense of orientation which defies common sense.

Maybe there's a deeper meaning in it : chapter 387's translator explains that a fantasista is an exceptionally creative individual. And it is precisely since the Ennies Lobby arc that Zoro has used uncommon and unexplained attacks such as :

On top of that, Zoro also has a buddhism inspired way to represent himself the world around him (Could buddhism actually exist inside OnePiece world ?). It could be the reason why he can get so lost at times.

Actually, I think that a lot of those things will be fully explained in the upcoming chapters and Zoro will be called again a fantasista, due to his creative techniques and his uncommon way of thinking he will display.

And therefor, he will end up being nicknamed : "The Fantasista" Roronoa Zoro !

Last edited:

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
On chapter 387 and on a filler episode, both Nami and Perona called Zoro a "fantasista" due to his poor sense of orientation which defies common sense.

Maybe there's a deeper meaning in it : chapter 387's translator explains that a fantasista is an exceptionally creative individual. And it is precisely since the Ennies Lobby arc that Zoro has used uncommon and unexplained attacks such as :

On top of that, Zoro also has a buddhism inspired way to represent himself the world around him (Could buddhism actually exist inside OnePiece world ?). It could be the reason why he can get so lost at times.

Actually, I think that a lot of those things will be fully explained in the upcoming chapters and Zoro will be called again a fantasista, due to his creative techniques and his uncommon way of thinking he will display.

And therefor, he will end up being nicknamed : "The Fantasista" Roronoa Zoro !

Yes deeming Zoro as fantasista for his lack of direction makes no sense. This sounds more like a football terminology. The man who can invent winning actions to score a goal.

In this case it would be Zoro finding new and new ways to take over and defeat his enemies.

Yeah for real. Actually, Zoro kinda reminds me a bit of Cristiano Ronaldo in terms of personality, ambition, rigorous training, will ...
During his childhood, he may have dreamed of being the strongest in the same way that any poor child would dream of being the next Ballon d'Or, like CR7.

I think that for Zoro, training himself to become the strongest was his way to escape misery and taking revenge to his life's hardships by marking the History of the world of his existence through the art of the sword !
That's maybe why he is proficient in finding new and new ways to take over and defeat his enemies since he always kept finding new and new ways to take over his life's hardships.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
Yeah for real. Actually, Zoro kinda reminds me a bit of Cristiano Ronaldo in terms of personality, ambition, rigorous training, will ...
During his childhood, he may have dreamed of being the strongest in the same way that any poor child would dream of being the next Ballon d'Or, like CR7.

I think that for Zoro, training himself to become the strongest was his way to escape misery and taking revenge to his life's hardships by marking the History of the world of his existence through the art of the sword !
That's maybe why he is proficient in finding new and new ways to take over and defeat his enemies since he always kept finding new and new ways to take over his life's hardships.
Yeah, or Ibrahimovic too.

He has the gist of the number 1.

And it is precisely since the Ennies Lobby arc that Zoro has used uncommon and unexplained attacks such as :
I think this is just a motif

like notice pre time skip Usopp could pull random ass shit out of his bag. Like almost anything could be in Usopp’s bag.

the difference between Usopp and Zoro was simply that Zoro won when he used his random ass shit while Usopp usually loses at first and wins using trcks instead of his random things.

An example you missed was that Fire cut he used on Ryuma

I don’t think there’s anything particularly special about Zoro and Usopp in this regard. I just think pre time skip Oda likes being more loose with people’s abilities then he looked at Usopp and Zoro as being the only people who actually actively try and improve themselves even outside of fights then he just gave those two this stuff with random abilities

post time skip Oda streamlined both their powers in a way which is sort of good and bad in some ways
Oda no longer does this stuff with random abilities anymore

I think this is just a motif

like notice pre time skip Usopp could pull random ass shit out of his bag. Like almost anything could be in Usopp’s bag.

the difference between Usopp and Zoro was simply that Zoro won when he used his random ass shit while Usopp usually loses at first and wins using trcks instead of his random things.

An example you missed was that Fire cut he used on Ryuma

I don’t think there’s anything particularly special about Zoro and Usopp in this regard. I just think pre time skip Oda likes being more loose with people’s abilities then he looked at Usopp and Zoro as being the only people who actually actively try and improve themselves even outside of fights then he just gave those two this stuff with random abilities

post time skip Oda streamlined both their powers in a way which is sort of good and bad in some ways
Oda no longer does this stuff with random abilities anymore
I don't know about Usopp but for Zoro, since the Haki explanation by Hyogoro for the Breath Of All Things moment in Alabasta, I got a feeling that some of his unexplained techniques may be Haki related :

Here, Zoro manages to successfully escape a whole series of light-speed point-blank attacks thrown by Kuma. To achieve such a feat, I guess he unconsciously used Observation Haki.

In this case, either he created an illusion to make his swords look like they were bending or they were actually bending.
For the latter, I would say he used Armament Haki. Not to harden his swords but rather to soften them so that he can create and accelerate the speed of the waves on his swords (just like a whip) to significantly increase his offensive power.

For the fire cut, I find it hard to believe this is just a motif. I really think Zoro impersonates himself as a flying dragon with the will to burn Ryuma (he didn't have salt on him to purify Ryuma's corpse so burning him was the only solution left to take away Brook's shadow).
My explanation is that Zoro's will to burn Ryuma flowed from his soul to his Wado Ichimonji. Then this blade, by cutting Ryuma, left a mark of that will on Ryuma's corpse which resulted in him burning it entirely. I think it's an Advanced Armament Haki, a bit like the Kinemon's Fox Fire style or Okiku's Lingering Snow style (basically some Natural Element Haki).

There, it seems Zoro has manifested his anger and frustration through the shape of his Ashura technique, a being with six arms and three heads. Many says that it's a demonic spirit coming from his Sandai Kitetsu or that Zoro is himself a demon.
However, the most logical explanation for this is probably that Zoro used his spiritual concentration and his mental strength to make an illusion of having 9 swords. But how did he manage to do it ?
My explanation is even crazier ... I think this is an Advanced Conqueror's Haki :jinbewat:
I couldn't find any other translation for this, so my reasoning might be wrong. Here, Rayleigh says that CoC is essentially the manifestation of a user's spirit, which is what Zoro basically does with Ashura Ichibugin. He also says that the individual's CoC can only be strengthened through his personal growth.

Well, Zoro has been the embodiment of willpower since his childhood where he challenged his biggest rival over 2000 times, hoping he could beat her one day.
He also comes up with 2 ways to increase his concentration strength (which is related to his willpower):
- Meditation : in the end of Alabasta Arc after his fight against Daz Bones, he meditates to increase permanently his concentration ability and to be able to use Armament Haki at any time.
- Incantation : he usually says some kind of buddhism incantations before launching particularly powerful attacks. Saying those incantations might help him to focus in performing a difficult technique.

All of this result in Zoro having a willpower exceptionnaly strong that he became able to use an Advanced Conqueror's Haki by making an Ashura Ichibugin attack.

Last edited: