Dortmund or Real, who wins the Champions league!?

• Total voters
After all this depression in the shonen Iโ€™ve been reading lately (like seriously Jesus Christ Christmas suicide rates are already high) I need some funny stupid manga to read.

Has anyone here read 100 girlfriends? Is it funny trash or just trash?

@CoC: Color of Clowns I feel like you may have read it
Holidays when you're supposed to be happy and are miserable tend to compound the misery.

So, instead, let's talk about a top-tier comedy/romance manga, The 100 Girlfriends Who Really Really Really Really Really Love You.

The series was written to counter the Japanese rom-com trope of ending a series right after the confession/the main couple begins dating, and also to joke about the harem genre, and weird romantic tropes and themes in manga in general.

It is an extreme series, everything is ridiculous. The laws of physics and reality are completely dead here, with the main character, Rentarou, at times physically attacking the manga itself when he's not happy with something that happened to one of his girlfriends.

The main character, Aijou Rentarou, really wants to get a girlfriend, but never could. Due to some weird supernatural circumstances, it's revealed there's actually 100 girlfriends out there for him he must date (the plot's more interesting but I'm holding back some spoilers).

Once he meets a girl he's in love with, there's a "zing!" moment when their eyes connect, and they instantly really their feelings for each other. Here's what I like most:

1. All the female characters are written as individuals with their own lives, who love Rentarou as much as he loves them, but are perfectly capable of existing without him. Often, the girls will spend chapters just hanging out with each other, and certain girlfriends get along really well with each other, leading to some yuri, and a lot of wholesome platonic friendship. If anything, they feel like some giant family.

2. All of the characters are hilarious and given time to shine despite the fact the series is constantly adding new characters. No idea how they pulled it off.

3. It's just funny as hell. There's a character that wears a diaper because they can't be bothered to go to the bathroom while experimenting. The two first girls are a horny, thick rich girl and a twin-tailed, angry tsundere with super strength who are constantly at each other's throats but also really close. Shizuka is the most precious woodland creature of an anime girl I've ever seen, and her small moments constantly crack me up.

4. The main character, Rentarou, evolves from a good guy into the ultimate God of Boyfriends as the series continues. No barging in on naked girls. No peeking at naked girls at the hot spring. No lecherous bullshit. 100% pure affection and devotion. Making the male lead in a harem series with 100 female secondary protagonists a complete straight man with the devotion and patience of a patron saint is such an interesting concept for a rom-com.

5. The series makes you care while knowing not to take itself too seriously. There are powerful emotional moments, but the serious is so crazy it's self-aware 99% of what's going on within it is not possible in reality.

The 1st season of the anime is going to conclude tomorrow, too, I'm excited.

Holidays when you're supposed to be happy and are miserable tend to compound the misery.

So, instead, let's talk about a top-tier comedy/romance manga, The 100 Girlfriends Who Really Really Really Really Really Love You.

The series was written to counter the Japanese rom-com trope of ending a series right after the confession/the main couple begins dating, and also to joke about the harem genre, and weird romantic tropes and themes in manga in general.

It is an extreme series, everything is ridiculous. The laws of physics and reality are completely dead here, with the main character, Rentarou, at times physically attacking the manga itself when he's not happy with something that happened to one of his girlfriends.

The main character, Aijou Rentarou, really wants to get a girlfriend, but never could. Due to some weird supernatural circumstances, it's revealed there's actually 100 girlfriends out there for him he must date (the plot's more interesting but I'm holding back some spoilers).

Once he meets a girl he's in love with, there's a "zing!" moment when their eyes connect, and they instantly really their feelings for each other. Here's what I like most:

1. All the female characters are written as individuals with their own lives, who love Rentarou as much as he loves them, but are perfectly capable of existing without him. Often, the girls will spend chapters just hanging out with each other, and certain girlfriends get along really well with each other, leading to some yuri, and a lot of wholesome platonic friendship. If anything, they feel like some giant family.

2. All of the characters are hilarious and given time to shine despite the fact the series is constantly adding new characters. No idea how they pulled it off.

3. It's just funny as hell. There's a character that wears a diaper because they can't be bothered to go to the bathroom while experimenting. The two first girls are a horny, thick rich girl and a twin-tailed, angry tsundere with super strength who are constantly at each other's throats but also really close. Shizuka is the most precious woodland creature of an anime girl I've ever seen, and her small moments constantly crack me up.

4. The main character, Rentarou, evolves from a good guy into the ultimate God of Boyfriends as the series continues. No barging in on naked girls. No peeking at naked girls at the hot spring. No lecherous bullshit. 100% pure affection and devotion. Making the male lead in a harem series with 100 female secondary protagonists a complete straight man with the devotion and patience of a patron saint is such an interesting concept for a rom-com.

5. The series makes you care while knowing not to take itself too seriously. There are powerful emotional moments, but the serious is so crazy it's self-aware 99% of what's going on within it is not possible in reality.

The 1st season of the anime is going to conclude tomorrow, too, I'm excited.
I figured youโ€™ve read it or at least watched some so thank you for the review!! Iโ€™ll probably check it out if itโ€™s actually as funny as you say and the girls actually get time to shine. I was worried itโ€™d be more trash harem but if itโ€™s more fun harem Iโ€™m down lmao