Theory The Identity of the One Piece Treasure is

The One Piece will be, a 1 cent piece. I’ll explain, One Piece is inspired by Treasure Island and in that story the main money/treasure was called pieces of 8, a single coin cut into 8 pieces. So currency of the ancient kingdom in One Piece being called pieces, is likely, and 1 cent could then be called one piece. This is why Roger laughed when the world called his treasure the one piece:

That explains the name of the treasure, but there are actually many more layers to it, Oda has positioned the original Nika and Roger as jokester like Luffy. The idea of great treasure turning out to be 1 cent falls in line very well with what you would expect from a trickster god and what Roger would laugh at.

Oda himself is also a jokester who likes to hide messages in plain sight. Supposedly there is a secret hidden in the title of One Piece:

Looking at the way Oda always writes the One Piece title and his signature for fans, he always puts an X marks the spot over the O in One, the O is probably the hint:

The O looks like a Coin and is probably Oda’s way of joking around every time he signs his name, secretly hinting at the One Piece.

Oda also said the One Piece is a real treasure, not just the journey along the way. 1 cent would be technically a real treasure, even though it’s not worth hardly anything, enabling Oda to make his claim true while trolling everyone with the real thing of value being the journey.

Now before you get mad and click off this thread though, I told you this has many layers, and while 1 cent is basically worthless in the conventional sense, it has huge worth in the One Piece world in multiple ways,

1. The Davy Back Fight

If you haven’t seen my theory before that Davy Jones was then original Nika, go check out my thread about Luffy’s real dream in my signature. That thread also explains the importance of the Davy Back Fight to the end of One Piece.

For this thread though the importance of the coin will be that it can be used to initiate a 1 Coin Davy Back game winner take all against IMU:

2. Proof of the Ancient Kingdom

The coin will have the name of the ancient kingdom on it, serving as evidence of its existence and we know the name is important as clover was killed to avoid it being revealed. Luffy revealing the coin to the world as One Piece would be a huge troll moment to the world, but also serve as revealing the name of the ancient kingdom to the world.

3. The Monkey King

The coin will also have a picture of a Monkey wearing a Straw-Hat as a King on the back of it. Alongside the poneglyphe explaining that this is the future King of the world and his currency. Something Roger would also laugh at serve to explain some of the prophetic things the Roger Pirates knew.

See layers…..

It is an interesting theory. I think that it makes a lot of sense. There are many possible layers to the story and I think that there could be truth to this theory. It will be interesting to see how the story progresses and if any of these predictions are true. One Piece is a very complex story and there are a lot of details that could all lead to something else that no one has discovered yet. I would not be surprised if this theory turned out to be true somehow.

That wouldn't make Roger laugh...
Don't become like other fooled readers..join my side..believe in my theory..open ur eyes..notice how oda marked luffy with an x scar on his chest..X marks location of treasure aka where it will belong..it will end up in luffy's chest..treasure chest is wordplay (chest can mean luffy body chest and also treasure box)..under luffy's chest lies his heart...

Luffy's biological heart will receive fatal injuries...his biological heart also can't handle 5th gear even if it's made of rubber..luffy's body is like steam engine..he'll need mecha heart in order to achieve better gear transformation..

The reason why gold d roger and his crew laughted is becuz the one piece was made of trash and scrap metal...

joyboy invented one piece using scrap and steel left overs gathered from trash heap such as copper magnets cogs..ext..

Laugh tale is not golden city or emarald city as u may taught...laugh tale is massive trash dump site that was once part of dawn island in goa kingdom...homeland of luffy...

dawn island will mark both start and end of luffy's adventure thats funny story behind one piece..

u r ecstas kid fan right???...why u think kidd and trafalgar law...were on luffy's side in end arcs of one piece???...

kidd has ability to turn scrap into useful invention...and law has ability to implant hearts into bodies...now u do teh math..

Don't become like other fooled readers..join my side..believe in my theory..open ur eyes..notice how oda marked luffy with an x scar on his chest..X marks location of treasure aka where it will belong..it will end up in luffy's chest..treasure chest is wordplay (chest can mean luffy body chest and also treasure box)..under luffy's chest lies his heart...

Luffy's biological heart will receive fatal injuries...his biological heart also can't handle 5th gear even if it's made of rubber..luffy's body is like steam engine..he'll need mecha heart in order to achieve better gear transformation..

The reason why gold d roger and his crew laughted is becuz the one piece was made of trash and scrap metal...

joyboy invented one piece using scrap and steel left overs gathered from trash heap such as copper magnets cogs..ext..

Laugh tale is not golden city or emarald city as u may taught...laugh tale is massive trash dump site that was once part of dawn island in goa kingdom...homeland of luffy...

dawn island will mark both start and end of luffy's adventure thats funny story behind one piece..

u r ecstas kid fan right???...why u think kidd and trafalgar law...were on luffy's side in end arcs of one piece???...

kidd has ability to turn scrap into useful invention...and law has ability to implant hearts into bodies...now u do teh math..
omg it all makes sense now this is why there was an empty chest when we met gaimon. forshadowing the one piece is an empty chest, an actual empty Chest, Luffy has no heart. The One Piece will get Luffy a heart that beats like a drum and they will throw a big party.

Just kidding.

omg it all makes sense now this is why there was an empty chest when we met gaimon. forshadowing the one piece is an empty chest, an actual empty Chest, Luffy has no heart. The One Piece will get Luffy a heart that beats like a drum and they will throw a big party.

Just kidding.

Congrats..u just joined list of fooled readers who refused to be saved by minamoto's inteligense...when one piece trezor gets revealed to be mecha heart..remember me laughting at u..

So far this seems to be the most concrete one piece theory out there.