The Legend Of Zelda Discussion Thread

Old Zeldas: You need to become stronger and finish dungeons and help the people/do something important to the lore(like killing King Dodongo)

New Zeldas: You slept for 100 years,now go and immediately kill Ganon.Rest is filler.And that what it is.Devine Beasts were just filler
"Aonuma has indicated that the gameplay in Breath of the Wild and Tears of the Kingdom is where the series will continue to go in the future"

If thats the case then this franchise is sadly dead for me unless they release a remake/remaster from a older game

A Link between Worlds will remain as my fav titel,followed by SS
Post automatically merged:

Rank the following games

Here’s my ranking:
1. Botw/ TP
2. TP / Botw
3. WW
4. OoT
5. MM
6. Totk /SS
7. SS /Totk
1.SS
2.OoT
The rest is hard or rather impossible to rank for me

Was never able to finish TP due to a gamebreaking bug
WW was cool and has a awesome cell shading look but searching for the Tri Force?Ugh,i used a walkthrough from the get go and it was still a pain in the ass
MM has a great theme but i didnt like the dungeons at all.Never finishd it either
TotK as said already,sold after 1 day
And BotW was impressive when it come out.I give it that

@Cross_Marian @Buusatan94 @Lee Ba Shou

I've been replaying Majora's Mask for a week now and I still question how Nintendo created such a maaterpiece like that. MM is perfect on its own without damaging OoT's reputation, unlike Tears of the Kingdom and BotW. (BotW still has its originality unlike TotK which went overboard with the openworld sandbox formular instead of addressing the real issues of the previous title).

The Stone Tower Temple neg diffs all TotK dungeons together but honestly, this is also my most favourite dungeon in the entire series, so it also beats all other Zelda dungeons. Everything about this dungeon is just pure magic.

MM has the best story and side quests in general when it comes to Zelda games and it's the only Zelda game which questions the essence of life itself... Aonuma definitely had his genius moment when developing this game.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars

I've been replaying Majora's Mask for a week now and I still question how Nintendo created such a maaterpiece like that. MM is perfect on its own without damaging OoT's reputation, unlike Tears of the Kingdom and BotW. (BotW still has its originality unlike TotK which went overboard with the openworld sandbox formular instead of addressing the real issues of the previous title).

The Stone Tower Temple neg diffs all TotK dungeons together but honestly, this is also my most favourite dungeon in the entire series, so it also beats all other Zelda dungeons. Everything about this dungeon is just pure magic.

MM has the best story and side quests in general when it comes to Zelda games and it's the only Zelda game which questions the essence of life itself... Aonuma definitely had his genius moment when developing this game.
Majora’s Mask to me was perfect on accident. It had so many development troubles and budget limitations that it’s a miracle the game is as incredible as it is. Or perhaps it’s because the developers couldn’t spend as much time and resources on it that the game accidentally became something beyond their capability to make, idk. Dark Souls is similar, it was incredible by accident.

Yeah unless we ever reach a world where these big companies start prioritizing extremely risky abstract obscure works of art over…games like Tears of the Kingdom, we will never see a Majora’s Mask again unless it’s purely by accident.

MMM's atmosphere , side quest, music and theme is unmatched
I also love the different versions of Link

I just found my old Game Master magazines and thought: "Everything had more soul and variety back then"
Yes there are still gems out there but man I don’t know how to explain it
I think we lost "something" on the way

Yeah unless we ever reach a world where these big companies start prioritizing extremely risky abstract obscure works of art over…games like Tears of the Kingdom, we will never see a Majora’s Mask again unless it’s purely by accident.
I can see BotW being a work of creativity and quality with many issues however but TotK is the definition of quantity and pleasing the majority of gamers, even more so than BotW. Those two games are the reason why players shouldn't have full access to freedom in games. Limitations and restrictions are good. It gives the player to follow a certain pattern, especially when it comes to the story.

I really tried to see TotK in a very good way but now I can't help to see this game and recognize how disappointed I am. They could have done so many amazing things. Underwater exploration, a very cool sky islands map (as I told before, the team decided to cut off lots of sky islands for dumb reasons), 7 or 8 large and interesting dungeons. The overworld is the largest in the series but why are the majority of the main dungeons so small with less content? Even shrines have locked doors and keys or at least a mini boss wouldn't be bad.
In terms of size, TotK dungeons are more comparable to OoT and MM but again, it wouldn't be bad if their puzzles weren't super easy and almost halfassed. It simply lacks content and the backtracking factor.

I mentioned Stone Tower Temple.
Technically, it only has two floors but it's basically two in 1 dungeon because you have to tip over the dungeon completely which gives you new dungeon exploration. So it's actually 4 floors in fact. Due to this mechanism, you have to revisit so many rooms again and each room automatically gives a completely new puzzle again.
I just love the entire structure of the entire dungeon.

In TotK you have lots of cheese factor in the dungeons where you can just skip a majority of the puzzles. That's seriously bad. The Water Temple is barely a dungeon. The last dungeon combines the elements of the other 4 dungeons but when it comes to the content, it isn't that fullfilling either. You just do some few puzzles and call it a day.

It's NOTHING compared to the complexity of the MM dungeon layouts.

Heck, I'd say even older Zelda games started dropping in complexity as dungeon progression became more stale. Sure, there was still backtracking but after replaying I recognized how many dungeons were too easy after replaying these again, ie. in Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. I'm not sure about Skyward Sword since this will be my next game after A Link to the Past but as for now, I get why the majority of the Zelda fanbase favor the OOT and MM dungeons so much when it comes to 3D Zelda.

The dev team nearly wouldn't have so many issues with the main dungeons if they highly drop the numbers of shrines. BotW already had too many (120, who needs so many) but 152 shrines is really overkill. Again, who needs so many? Nintendo went way too overboard with quantity.

The thing is, some of them really had great themed puzzles, even identical to the main dungeon but that's the fucking joke: They were better puzzles than those in the main dungeons. What kinda BS is that? I don't want to see ridiculously good puzzles on a mini dungeon, I want to see this stuff on a main dungeon!
if the dungeons even had just one or two puzzles of these shrines - believe me, nobody would ever criticise main dungeons ever again. At least not the majority of users.

Again, nobody wants to see so many mini dungeons when they have no real purpose and even steal potential great content from story dungeons. I mean, Elden Ring had 50 mini dungeons and albeit them being good, their content didn't outshine the main dungeons, right?
Post automatically merged:

Shin Megami Tensei vs Zelda announced
What do you mean Shin Megami Tensei vs Zelda confirmed???

Last edited: