Dortmund or Real, who wins the Champions league!?

• Total voters
G

Gorosei Informer

I like the style, mind dropping my lazy ass a bit of a synopsis?
Dr. Kenzou Tenma, an elite neurosurgeon recently engaged to his hospital director's daughter, is well on his way to ascending the hospital hierarchy. That is until one night, a seemingly small event changes Dr. Tenma's life forever. While preparing to perform surgery on someone, he gets a call from the hospital director telling him to switch patients and instead perform life-saving brain surgery on a famous performer. His fellow doctors, fiancée, and the hospital director applaud his accomplishment; but because of the switch, a poor immigrant worker is dead, causing Dr. Tenma to have a crisis of conscience.
So when a similar situation arises, Dr. Tenma stands his ground and chooses to perform surgery on the young boy Johan Liebert instead of the town's mayor. Unfortunately, this choice leads to serious ramifications for Dr. Tenma—losing his social standing being one of them. However, with the mysterious death of the director and two other doctors, Dr. Tenma's position is restored. With no evidence to convict him, he is released and goes on to attain the position of hospital director.

Nine years later when Dr. Tenma saves the life of a criminal, his past comes back to haunt him—once again, he comes face to face with the monster he operated on. He must now embark on a quest of pursuit to make amends for the havoc spread by the one he saved.
Its quite a cerebral, slow burn series from what I've heard. Very psychological and quite the intense thriller over time?

Going by this review on MAL, it sounds very promising too:

Overall Enjoyment 10/10
Monster is truly a show that reinvents the normative standards for a “masterpiece”. It is the quintessential mystery. With its superb plot –driven, character-driven story, it enraptures the viewers from the beginning and leaves them insatiable at the end of every episode, while completely satisfying them by the finale. One cannot hope for anything more than the kind of adaption this anime brings to life.
That being said, this anime isn't for everyone nor would I recommend it as a must-watch to just anyone. Monster resurrects a horrifying world that is so realistic but feels so surreal to the viewer. It deals with a world that no one would want to deal with and shows experiences that no one would want to experience. Yet, it engages the viewer completely. Therefore, if you crave an original mystery, a thought-provoking story, an unconventional tale that will shake your very core, then I suggest, you get acquainted with “Monster”.

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And when you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you”--Nietzsche

Those who have seen Monster can attest collectively (whether they liked it or not) to how incredibly uncomfortable and unconventional this show is. The topic of evil is proactively exploited through revealing the extent of human depravity in conjunction with exploring matters like child abuse, mass murder, collective brainwashing, human experimentation, the value of life, and so much more. These are some themes that most people make a conscious effort to keep as far away from as possible, yet Monster sits those rights next to the viewer, maybe even introduces them. It’s a slow descent into a world consumed by violence, angst, murder, and retribution. Yet for every larger “evil”, there is always a counterbalance, a small ray of love and redemption. Thus, Monster reinvents the classic dichotomy of good and evil and does so masterfully.
It doesn’t take very long for this show to become an addiction, a classic, a novelty, that one can’t help but indulge in completely and it’s clear why.

Have you seen Black Lagoon, Death Parade and Psycho Pass too? I've only seen Death Parade but those should be good series to check out at least? I've seen some intense stuff from Black Lagoon and heard massive praise for it and Psycho Pass too. That one Moriarty series which I need to check out is getting immense praise too. Best Sherlock related series in a long time?

https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=113945

https://myanimelist.net/anime/19/Monster

https://myanimelist.net/featured/2263/12_Complex_Psychological_Anime_to_Wrap_Your_Head_Around
Post automatically merged:

It's all good
I have a feeling that door will half close soon

:cheers:

Hopefully man! If not this year especially, then something is seriously wrong with Oda LMAO! Year of the Rabbit hype!

Chief meat is definitely shanks, that CoC huge lad
Hahaha, perfect! Lucky Roux would love that too! I was thinking he might be Shanks dad funnily enough or an uncle at least. Could potentially be a relative of Kidds instead too lol. We need an actual "Redbeard" in One Piece too! Urouge is based on the "IRL version" I think?

Ah here we go lol:

https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePiece/comments/2pngh1
@Seatonnes

I loved Seatonnes' theory of Urouge testing Luffy to be the real Joyboy too. Urouge is the perfect character to make Skypeia more directly relevant, make Enel return and more involved too and has insane lore drop potential depending on the importance/role of his character too and certain ideas/theories coming true too. In Stampede he fought Luffy too briefly! Best Supernova being saved for last! (Just like Kidd and Killer)

:fujilaugh::kidsmile::usosmug::finally:

Last edited by a moderator:

Seatonnes

is probably playing Overwatch 2
Its quite a cerebral, slow burn series from what I've heard. Very psychological and quite the intense thriller over time?

It doesn’t take very long for this show to become an addiction, a classic, a novelty, that one can’t help but indulge in completely and it’s clear why.

Have you seen Black Lagoon, Death Parade and Psycho Pass too? I've only seen Death Parade but those should be good series to check out at least? I've seen some intense stuff from Black Lagoon and heard massive praise for it and Psycho Pass too. That one Moriarty series which I need to check out is getting immense praise too. Best Sherlock related series in a long time?

https://myanimelist.net/featured/2263/12_Complex_Psychological_Anime_to_Wrap_Your_Head_Around

:cheers:

Hopefully man! If not this year especially, then something is seriously wrong with Oda LMAO! Year of the Rabbit hype!

Hahaha, perfect! Lucky Roux would love that too! I was thinking he might be Shanks dad funnily enough or an uncle at least. Could potentially be a relative of Kidds instead too lol. We need an actual "Redbeard" in One Piece too! Urouge is based on the "IRL version" I think?

Ah here we go lol:

@Seatonnes

I loved Seatonnes' theory of Urouge testing Luffy to be the real Joyboy too. Urouge is the perfect character to make Skypeia more directly relevant, make Enel return and more involved too and has insane lore drop potential depending on the importance/role of his character too and certain ideas/theories coming true too. In Stampede he fought Luffy too briefly! Best Supernova being saved for last! (Just like Kidd and Killer)

Red beard to replace red haired also becoming worlds strongest man and worlds strongest creature
:amazing:

Ah here we go lol:

@Seatonnes

Thanks for the synopsis/reviews, I'll definitely be starting this one in the next few days. Slowburners usually end up being good for me, I always judge too quick and get a kinda eh feel from the pace and then they amp up the tiniest bit and drag me straight into the depths of fandom

You're a godsend with all the Reddit theories and shit man, I don't have the patience to trawl through all the cringe shit that goes on there. It's almost hard to exist there and not flame the fuck out of kirosh and the tards

Seatonnes urouge wank is legendary, Im praying urouge looks like a God for his sake.

I actually never read it lmao. I just heard about Johan Liebert having a philosophical ideology from that manga so I thought it fits your criteria.
Haha, fair enough! Based on the synopsis ghostly sent through I think you hit the nail on the head with the only problem being it's only 160 chapters 😭

G

Gorosei Informer

Red beard to replace red haired also becoming worlds strongest man and worlds strongest creature
:amazing:
That would be amazing! Would be a nice parallel to how he prayed for Kaido before Kaido "jumped to his death" too!

Honestly if I can get Yonko Kidd, Law, Urouge and Capone by EOS somehow, maybe extend the Yonko system to a 8 Emperor system but across the OP world or something? Like how we had 7 Warlords but with 1 more person and far stronger on average too ofc?

I doubt Blackbeard and probably Shanks are surviving the story, I'm sure Buggy will though and since he and Luffy just became Yonkos, their spots are secure then. Assuming at least BB dies or both him and Shanks, thats 2 more Yonko slots to replace like Kaido and BM so it may go to Kidd and Law if they both survive, but if either dies (god forbid) then at least Urouge could replace one of them?

In an ideal story/world for me though, I'd have all those 4 become their own style of Yonkos too at least. Hononary Yonkos or something.

I really hope both he and Weevil show up at Elbaf, they both would be perfect there potentially imo. Or Weevil during Blackbeard's own arc/Hachinosu or w/e.

Elbaf arc seems a little different than I expected...

:zorothink:
Going back to this btw, this game is WILD LMAO!:

:vistalaugh::rolaugh:

I haven't played it in years but forgot how funny, fun and absurd/goofy it is!:

Just got the sequel finally in the Steam Winter Sale too!:

:zosmug::ace:

Seatonnes

is probably playing Overwatch 2
Also btw urouges bounty is so low because he was pretty far into paradise already
(South eastern is the direction to sabaody from reverse mountain)

So i would add extra 150-400 mil if he started in the blues or if they knew he was equal to enel(500m bounty) but only lost due to armament haki diff

:sanmoji:
if he lives

G

Gorosei Informer

Thanks for the synopsis/reviews, I'll definitely be starting this one in the next few days. Slowburners usually end up being good for me, I always judge too quick and get a kinda eh feel from the pace and then they amp up the tiniest bit and drag me straight into the depths of fandom

You're a godsend with all the Reddit theories and shit man, I don't have the patience to trawl through all the cringe shit that goes on there. It's almost hard to exist there and not flame the fuck out of kirosh and the tards

Seatonnes urouge wank is legendary, Im praying urouge looks like a God for his sake.

Haha, fair enough! Based on the synopsis ghostly sent through I think you hit the nail on the head with the only problem being it's only 160 chapters 😭
All good man! By any chance have you seen Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul? I strongly recommend Breaking Bad, it is FANTASTICALLY written, acted, directed, with Goda levels of foreshadowing and symbolism unironically! Really blew me away how good it was! I'm on BCS now, only watched a few episodes, was a bit shaky to start but it got good by the end of the 1st episode and thus the next one too! Breaking Bad fans were in for some very nice surprises hahaha! I gotta see that successor film El Camino too. Not sure if I need to spoiler it but I suspected that film was related to the Breaking Bad universe and it turns out it actually was as I found out from fans whilst watching BB lol.

Thats exactly it, you have to savour them and embrace the lack of intensity/action/excitement from early on, its like when I play MOBA games and late game carries suck ass to play early in the match, they are fragile, usually can't farm (get gold and XP easily) and thus die easily but if allowed to farm and thus "get fed" or at least scrounge enough, they can get anywhere from very to absolutely terrifying and dangerous to deal with too! Its like how Shonen MCs end up absolutely broken by the end, completely busted in power and such ofc!

Series like that seem to really rely on the buildup, which OP also does heavily and its getting more and more so over time with Odas choices ands such too ofc.

I feel you on that slight bit of amping up leading to hype and getting involved in the fanbase, like walking too close to quicksand and getting sucked in lol. Or flying near a black hole if you will.

You're welcome anyway man! Tyvm hahaha, thats very flattering/kind of you to say that, I'm honoured! I can completely understand on how frustrating and cringe Reddit is. Its extremely obnoxious to try to browse it via mobile these days too, especially without the crappy app ironically, the crapp even. Hahahaha that Kirosh roast!

Yeah, Seatonnes is a true devotee of Urouge, the ultimate one even ofc! Oda does tend to make Urouge look really good when he shows him, even making him the 1st Supernova to defeat a Yonko Commander in the story too!

:steef:

I'm so disappointed, frustrated but not surprised by how Oda is handling Bonney instead though, sigh. Such a fucking waste/let down. A sort of Big Mom 2.0 in a way, which is ironic given Bonney has major similarities to her but still no justification/explanation from Oda on why. May as well just made her a successful clone of BM at this rate because why not?

:few:

G

Gorosei Informer

Urouge’s crew are just going to have powers that support him as they are all monks except urouge who was the strongest birkan knight(who probably protected the sacred temple that prayed to nika/joyboy) and all the monks feld with urouge to become liberators like Nika/Joyboy on the sea
That sounds awesome! Kinda makes me think of Law and the synergy with his crew that we saw recently, how they compliment the whole theme they have going on and thus can backup Law as needed too.

It kinda makes me think of Asuma and those flame guardian monks or something he was part of? Those 12 disciples or something? Monk characters tend to be awesome in various series so theres a lot of potential too, especially with the potential Nika/Joyboy connections you mentioned,.

I can't wait until we learn more about Urouge, Birka, Enel, Raijin Island, Birkans and such! Plus how the Skypeians knew of Nika personally and thus if those other 3 gods exist in some form too.

Also why Dragon and Garp look like Shandians too?

Maybe the Holy Knights of the WG also parallel these Birkan Knights you mentioned?

Last edited by a moderator: