Questions & Mysteries The meaning of Death appearing to Zoro

My theory: Zoro got training from Oden and Ryuma in Hell, but can't remember it, yet. It will be triggered when he visits Ryuma's grave.

Zoro is always lost. Why? Why did Oda make that his defining characteristic? Zoro is lost in time.

Zoro is Ryuma's son, sent to the future by Toki to kill Kaido. That's why Oda hasn't revealed his backstory: but, baby, it's coming. And it will bring the SALT
Why would you want that? Training in Hell .. If Zoro went to Hell aka died and came back then other characters in the future will do it too. Luffy might have died "maybe" but it won't matter his DF has revived him by beating his heart which triggered the "drums" and Nika came to be just like Enel when Wyper "killed him". Zoro has no such ability unless the Swords kept him alive "?".

CoC: Color of Clowns

Rock that Soul!!!
Why would you want that? Training in Hell .. If Zoro went to Hell aka died and came back then other characters in the future will do it too. Luffy might have died "maybe" but it won't matter his DF has revived him by beating his heart which triggered the "drums" and Nika came to be just like Enel when Wyper "killed him". Zoro has no such ability unless the Swords kept him alive "?".

I'm taking "The King of Hell" literally, here.
"Asura"
"Dead Man's Game"

The sheer number of times Zoro has been referred to as a Demon.

When Koby describes Zoro to Luffy, he calls him "a demon in human form."

"Enma is the king of Hell in Japanese-Buddhist myth, the judge of dead souls. He is the Japanese version of Yama, the king of hell found in sects of Buddhism across East Asia; Enma mostly derives from the Chinese-Buddhist Yánluó, who in turn is based on the Hindu (Vedic) god of death, also called Yama."

Kozuki Sukiyaki has described Enma as able to "cut through to the bottom of hell"

"Death" is most likely a representation of Enma coming to "test" Zoro in Hell.

We'll probably get a reveal for this when Zoro finally gets his lost ass over to Ryuma's damn grave.

https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Roronoa_Zoro/Abilities_and_Powers
https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Enma

ZKK foreshadowing :josad:
Post automatically merged:

Whatever oda wanted to do.... He sucked like many other things
Post automatically merged:

We should just think if it being zoro being near death... But it doesn't suit one piece

I'm taking "The King of Hell" literally, here.
"Asura"
"Dead Man's Game"

The sheer number of times Zoro has been referred to as a Demon.

When Koby describes Zoro to Luffy, he calls him "a demon in human form."

"Enma is the king of Hell in Japanese-Buddhist myth, the judge of dead souls. He is the Japanese version of Yama, the king of hell found in sects of Buddhism across East Asia; Enma mostly derives from the Chinese-Buddhist Yánluó, who in turn is based on the Hindu (Vedic) god of death, also called Yama."

Kozuki Sukiyaki has described Enma as able to "cut through to the bottom of hell"

"Death" is most likely a representation of Enma coming to "test" Zoro in Hell.

We'll probably get a reveal for this when Zoro finally gets his lost ass over to Ryuma's damn grave.

https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Roronoa_Zoro/Abilities_and_Powers
https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Enma
Most of us here knows this much. But actually dying and going to after life.. What purpose would that serve? Brook being a medium to the Underworld and the living world is only happening because of his fruit. But Zoro is a human. I am only afraid that this whole "hell" thing with Zoro will open the door for the dead to come back alive. So until Oda explains this and hopefully only tie this to Zoro's lineage i will pretend that this is "Near Death".

Whats scary here is something actually happened in Thriller Bark with Cindry .. briefly came back..
And when Chopper was taking care of Zoro he never mentioned anything regarding Zoro's life status. So ... ? only time will tell.

Rock that Soul!!!
Most of us here knows this much. But actually dying and going to after life.. What purpose would that serve? Brook being a medium to the Underworld and the living world is only happening because of his fruit. But Zoro is a human. I am only afraid that this whole "hell" thing with Zoro will open the door for the dead to come back alive. So until Oda explains this and hopefully only tie this to Zoro's lineage i will pretend that this is "Near Death".

Whats scary here is something actually happened in Thriller Bark with Cindry .. briefly came back..
And when Chopper was taking care of Zoro he never mentioned anything regarding Zoro's life status. So ... ? only time will tell.
How would you become the King of Hell? By becoming the strongest Demon in Hell. By beating every other Demon. I think Zoro trained with Ryuma and Oden in the timeskip, and kicked a bunch of demon ass to get stronger CoC.

I completely understand people being scared of the underworld gaining too much prominence in this series. But, as you've stated, it's definitely a big element of One Piece.

You had the devil summoners with Brook.
The Enma references.
Brooks already died, and is still alive, bless his heart... except he doesn't have a heart, YOHOHOHO

:broocry:

Then you have the spirit trees in Skypeia/Jaya. Tell me, what do you think about the parallels here? Noland destroyed the trees in Jaya, Big Mom destroyed the Spirit Tree in Onigashima. Coincidence?

The spirit trees of Jaya

The spirit tree of Onigashima/Wano

Artur's analysis of Chapter 990

I think Oden and friends are going to come back, somehow. Either for inspiration, or as some ghost army, Lord of the Rings Return of the King shit. Either way, Oda's doing something with these trees.

Hahaha, I love that you mentioned Cindry: her regaining consciousness is a bit part of my Zombie Kaido theory. Watching Kaido be forced to attack and attempt to kill Luffy/Joy Boy the man he was waiting for for decades, while still conscious as a Zombie would be so fucked up, perfect Blackbeard/Moria behavior.

It's so funny, I HATED MORIA during Thriller Bark, and now he's the character I'm most hyped for
:cheers:

How would you become the King of Hell? By becoming the strongest Demon in Hell. By beating every other Demon. I think Zoro trained with Ryuma and Oden in the timeskip, and kicked a bunch of demon ass to get stronger CoC.

I completely understand people being scared of the underworld gaining too much prominence in this series. But, as you've stated, it's definitely a big element of One Piece.

You had the devil summoners with Brook.
The Enma references.
Brooks already died, and is still alive, bless his heart... except he doesn't have a heart, YOHOHOHO

:broocry:

Then you have the spirit trees in Skypeia/Jaya. Tell me, what do you think about the parallels here? Noland destroyed the trees in Jaya, Big Mom destroyed the Spirit Tree in Onigashima. Coincidence?

The spirit trees of Jaya

The spirit tree of Onigashima/Wano

Artur's analysis of Chapter 990

I think Oden and friends are going to come back, somehow. Either for inspiration, or as some ghost army, Lord of the Rings Return of the King shit. Either way, Oda's doing something with these trees.

Hahaha, I love that you mentioned Cindry: her regaining consciousness is a bit part of my Zombie Kaido theory. Watching Kaido be forced to attack and attempt to kill Luffy/Joy Boy the man he was waiting for for decades, while still conscious as a Zombie would be so fucked up, perfect Blackbeard/Moria behavior.

It's so funny, I HATED MORIA during Thriller Bark, and now he's the character I'm most hyped for
:cheers:
The connections/Parallels are strong with Jaya/Wano/Skypiea/Elbaf and how they view Trees as resting spot for their souls and the Sun as their god. I do agree since i made a post about that too lol.

Zoro's whole character could be based on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saṃsāra_(Buddhism) But the presence of Hell demons and all of that i see it as a symbolism just like How Kaido and Big Mom attacks are named after deities and gods but only act as a symbolism. As in these characters can symbolize these presence of above all as gods or as demons. The same for Zoro's moves and attacks do show illusions and sometimes oda shows what "animal or demon spirit" Zoro takes form in his attacks. If the grim reaper is something related to his swords which now we know it carries the will/spirit of the previous owners. Maybe the swords wanted to punish Zoro?

I don't know anymore lol lets see what Oda throws at us later.

What happened with Cindry remains a mystery.

Rock that Soul!!!
The connections/Parallels are strong with Jaya/Wano/Skypiea/Elbaf and how they view Trees as resting spot for their souls and the Sun as their god. I do agree since i made a post about that too lol.

Zoro's whole character could be based on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saṃsāra_(Buddhism) But the presence of Hell demons and all of that i see it as a symbolism just like How Kaido and Big Mom attacks are named after deities and gods but only act as a symbolism. As in these characters can symbolize these presence of above all as gods or as demons. The same for Zoro's moves and attacks do show illusions and sometimes oda shows what "animal or demon spirit" Zoro takes form in his attacks. If the grim reaper is something related to his swords which now we know it carries the will/spirit of the previous owners. Maybe the swords wanted to punish Zoro?

I don't know anymore lol lets see what Oda throws at us later.

What happened with Cindry remains a mystery.
I need to re-read your posts... I'm going to read the series through soon, too. One Piece makes me think harder than anything else, and actually inspires me to learn, which is... I just need inspiration in my life right now.

Honestly? Big Mom and Kaido are kind of like gods (especially with Kaido's Wisdom King epithet). To Wano, Kaido was honestly an evil god.

Enma is crazy, so it wouldn't surprise me if it's trying to punish Zoro, interesting point. I almost feel like Enma is going, "Hey, great job beating that King guy. My old swordsman, Oden, wants to give you some tips, you crazy kid."

Fuck. Now you've convinced me I need to research Buddhism to gain a greater understanding of One Piece. Here I come, enlightment, get ready!

:kata:

Rock that Soul!!!
This arc was a joke wasn't it :josad:
Act 4 is coming. How many times did it look like this story was falling apart, and not satisfying, only for something crazy to happen?

I don't know everything that's going to happen in One Piece, no one does besides Oda. I just try to analyze his writing. One Piece made me want to be a better person, and love people. Oda made me want to live, so I'm willing to put my faith in Oda, and wait until the series is over to judge One Piece fully.

Zoro is going to get his. Oda just went on break, to make sure Zoro Kills Kaido looks as badass as possible.

FINALBETA! SAY YOU WANT TO ZKK! I have faith in Oda. Marineford had a lot of negative reaction when it happened. Now, Marineford is viewed as an amazing arc.

Do you actually think ZKK is over? Don't be afraid to post cringe opinions on the internet. I know you still believe in ZKK. I'm going down with the ship, how about you? Let's keep believing until this damn mosshead fucking kills Kaido.

:zosmug: