I designed and generated my own backstory for Kizaru, since Oda doesn't seem to want to give us one (yet) lol:

In the serene village of Luminara, a hidden gem in the heart of North Blue, the Hikari family's artistry with mirrors was legendary. Kizaru's ancestors had perfected the craft over generations, and the village thrived as a haven for those who sought the mesmerizing reflections of the world around them. The mirrors crafted in Luminara were said to capture not only the physical beauty but also the essence and stories of the people who beheld them.

Kizaru's mother, Seraphina Hikari, was not only a skilled mirror artisan but also a keeper of the village's oral history. She often shared tales of legendary mirrors that were said to reveal glimpses of the future or transport the viewer to distant lands. Kizaru's fascination with light and reflections had roots in these captivating stories, and his laughter echoed through the village, earning him the endearing nicknames "Sunbeam" and "The Northen Light".

As Kizaru grew older, he apprenticed under his parents, honing his skills in mirror craftsmanship. His creations were imbued with a special vibrancy, reflecting his boundless energy and love for exploration. The Hikari family mirrors became prized possessions, sought after not just for their physical beauty but for the magical allure woven into each piece.

On his 26th birthday, standing at the precipice of a new adventure, Kizaru bid farewell to Luminara. The azure skies and the mirrored landscapes had nurtured him, and he promised to carry the brilliance of his home wherever his journey led.

In Sabaody Archipelago, Kizaru's laughter resonated as he explored the bustling world beyond Luminara. "The world is so much bigger than I imagined! Let's make it brighter!"

It was there that he first crossed paths with the brilliant scientist Vegapunk. The encounter was nothing short of magical. Vegapunk, the mastermind behind groundbreaking inventions, was mesmerized by Kizaru's unique connection to light.

"Your ability to control light is extraordinary! It's like a dance of photons at your command," Vegapunk marveled.

Kizaru, with a humble smile, replied, "It's the gift of Luminara. The light and mirrors are a part of me."

Vegapunk, wide-eyed with fascination, couldn't contain his enthusiasm. "Imagine the possibilities! If I could harness the essence of your Light Fruit for my experiments, we could unlock unprecedented scientific marvels. Please, Kizaru, consider letting me study it someday."

Kizaru, intrigued by Vegapunk's passion for knowledge, nodded thoughtfully. "Perhaps, one day, we'll illuminate the world in ways we can't even fathom now."

Their collaboration became an exploration of scientific artistry, and together they sought to unlock the secrets of the Grand Line, combining the brilliance of Luminara's mirrors with Kizaru's Light Fruit abilities.

In the heat of battle, Kizaru's secret monkey-themed attack, the Monkeyshine Barrage, became a spectacle to behold. This technique, born of his playful nature and love for Luminara's lively fauna, manifested as a cascade of swift, light-infused monkey illusions. Each beam mirrored the agility and mischievous antics of monkeys, leaving opponents dazzled and disoriented.

"Behold the Monkeyshine Barrage! Dance with the light, my simian companions!" Kizaru would declare with a mischievous grin as the dazzling assault unfolded. The bewildered opponents, ensnared in the playful chaos of light, could only marvel at the unexpected whimsy of justice.

As Kizaru's journey continued, he remained a beacon of light, carrying the legacy of Luminara, the artistry of his family, the joy of scientific exploration, and the potential collaboration with Vegapunk to every corner of the seas. The Monkeyshine Barrage became a testament to his unique approach to justice, blending the brilliance of his North Blue heritage with the boundless wonders of the world beyond.
LMAO Borsalino is just a cynical guy. Do you expect him to be a happy boy?

Hahaha.

Last edited: