i'm not sure if they did damage him at all, it's ambigious, but at the very least he grunted.

yeah it was a very shameless retcon

i'm sure Oda had an idea that lunarians/King's race would have some sort of special ability that would be the gimmick of the SSG and King but making it durability was so stupid considering he was hurt by Marco... who couldn't even hurt admirals
Yeah, would be better to just make king an awakened ancient zoan user while his race giving him powers to burst into flames and immunity to heat, something like that.

Or give a condition when his flame turns off.

Should have made him a Charmander so if his flame went off he died
Maybe water/strong haki in a shockwave manner to turn his flame off and then inflict damage. Downside being King would be able to ignite the flame again and gain invincibility.

As it stands we don't know any condition when his flame goes off other than when King turns it off on purpose to become faster, which is pointless.

Have Kaido thunder baguas all day long and flame on king would be fine as per manga what we have so far. It's a stupid ability without a condition to turn it off.
Post automatically merged:

All we see is smoke. We don't see any actual damage on topman.
The implication is ther eotherwise I can easily say Saturn and Jupeter tanked it easily.

Maybe water/strong haki in a shockwave manner to turn his flame off and then inflict damage. Downside being King would be able to ignite the flame again and gain invincibility.

As it stands we don't know any condition when his flame goes off other than when King turns it off on purpose to become faster, which is pointless.

Have Kaido thunder baguas all day long and flame on king would be fine as per manga what we have so far. It's a stupid ability without a condition to turn it off.
Post automatically merged:

The implication is ther eotherwise I can easily say Saturn and Jupeter tanked it easily.
Don't really care about Saturn or Jupiter. Topman don't seem damaged or wounded.

OPLA is fuckn with us
Yeah, that's what I'm worried about too. :catcry:

I still don't really get why the reception was so good for that, it looked like amateur theatre, lol. To each their own, I guess.

Oda seems to be committed to it regardless, but the best hope is that people get apathetic to the show - which I reckon they will. The "new Live Action shine" will have worn off for a good portion of the audience.

Yeah, that's what I'm worried about too. :catcry:

I still don't really get why the reception was so good for that, it looked like amateur theatre, lol. To each their own, I guess.

Oda seems to be committed to it regardless, but the best hope is that people get apathetic to the show - which I reckon they will. The "new Live Action shine" will have worn off for a good portion of the audience.
Opla was solid, not bad not good.
Somewhere in the middle. Is the hype worth it? Nope. Does it deserve a second season, yes because you can see it has his own fanbase.
Is the team who working on it good? Nope/yes, dislike a lot of things and as you said it feelt kuke a amateur theatre.

In my opinion, opla should be never above the manga priority. If the manga suffer because of Opla, Oda and his team doing something wrong.

In general we need to see and look what is behind all the breaks. The editor said Oda was good and in health, so maybe the breaks are indeed because of Opla or a new one piece movie.

Opla was solid, not bad not good.
Somewhere in the middle. Is the hype worth it? Nope. Does it deserve a second season, yes because you can see it has his own fanbase.
Is the team who working on it good? Nope/yes, dislike a lot of things and as you said it feelt kuke a amateur theatre.

In my opinion, opla should be never above the manga priority. If the manga suffer because of Opla, Oda and his team doing something wrong.

In general we need to see and look what is behind all the breaks. The editor said Oda was good and in health, so maybe the breaks are indeed because of Opla or a new one piece movie.
Yeah, I'm totally fine with a season 2. Kudos to the Netflix team for making the show not fall flat.

We'll have to see if Oda makes his personal trips to wherever Season 2 is being shot again. I think he just likes the time off, and travelling to a different country. Maybe his family does too. If that happens again, then we're really in for a rough time once more with the manga schedule...

It is a little puzzling why they're okay with the schedule falling apart, but Oda is not beholden to anyone at this point - as he should be, he should have all the "power" right now - and I wouldn't be surprised if they have a general plan of wanting to stretch out these final years of OP as much as they possibly can.