I completely gave up on Saturn beign down this arc
Isn't it the first time the "main" villain with emotional connection to the protagonists of the arc (Bonney, Kuma) don't fall? My guess is that Oda plan for Bonney & Kuma to properly defeat him later once the "weakness" to elders immortality is known. It'd be a lame shit if he survives to get defeated by some smuck with no connection to him later

Isn't it the first time the "main" villain with emotional connection to the protagonists of the arc (Bonney, Kuma) don't fall? My guess is that Oda plan for Bonney & Kuma to properly defeat him later once the "weakness" to elders immortality is known. It'd be a lame shit if he survives to get defeated by some smuck with no connection to him later
Saturn being defeated/killed at Egghead is just huge cope at this point, also I'm on the belief that Bonney will still be the one to defeat Saturn in the future.

I kinda gave up on this too but it's a bummer from Oda's part

The arc was just so perfectly built up towards that, I kinda expected more from both Saturn and Kizaru

Still gonna wait tho even if it seems unlikely that anything else will happen at this point

Saturn being defeated/killed at Egghead is just huge cope at this point, also I'm on the belief that Bonney will still be the one to defeat Saturn in the future.
Cope, yes and no. There were legit reasons to believe Saturn would go down this arc outside agenda considering he was main villain of Kuma and Bonney story. Before Kizaru, I pushed for Luffy or Bonney/Kuma to defeat him.
But for him to get defeated Oda would have to expose Elders immortality and it makes sense he wants to keep that for later

Cope, yes and no. There were legit reasons to believe Saturn would go down this arc outside agenda considering he was main villain of Kuma and Bonney story. Before Kizaru, I pushed for Luffy or Bonney/Kuma to defeat him.
But for him to get defeated Oda would have to expose Elders immortality and it makes sense he wants to keep that for later
Well Elders' immortality could just be tied to haki and Luffy getting a haki that is similar to JoyBoy's and higher than Shanks' could get him to that

Now, that means that we have to get to this point and so, implies that Elders' fall can only happen at the end of the story

Isn't it the first time the "main" villain with emotional connection to the protagonists of the arc (Bonney, Kuma) don't fall? My guess is that Oda plan for Bonney & Kuma to properly defeat him later once the "weakness" to elders immortality is out. It'd be a lame shit if he survives to get defeated by some smuck with no connection to him
Still this Is all on Oda.

Saturn not falling here Is peak awful writing as far as I am concerned.

Well Elders' immortality could just be tied to haki and Luffy getting a haki that is similar to JoyBoy's and higher than Shanks' could get him to that

Now, that means that we have to get to this point and so, implies that Elders' fall can only happen at the end of the story
That'd be kinda lame because that would imply Luffy will be the one to defeat the 5 elders together as I doubt anyone else would reach Joyboy tier haki.
I understand this is his story but there's a limit. Like Nasjuro vs Zoro seems a given

Before the other Elders arrived, I was on the belief that Saturn was going to get defeated/killed during Egghead but once he summoned the other Elders, I knew at that point that the chances of Saturn dying wasn't happening anymore.

Either way I do hope Bonney will properly fight and defeat Saturn in the future.

Still this Is all on Oda.

Saturn no falling here Is peak awful writing as far as I am concerned.
Exactly, it's not even about that we are against him being taken down by Bonney/Kuma in the end of the story.

It's the fact that Oda perfectly built a great villain of an arc and built everything towards his defeat and yet, he is still there.

Saturn is the one responsible for everything that happened in Egghead, even Luffy told him that he would not let him go away, and all of this for what?

This ain't even remotely comparable to Big Mom as Big Mom was not meant to be defeated since the first place, Whole Cake Island was about saving Sanji.

Egghead on the other hand?

The arc where a yonko crew gets a world government island under siege so that Vegapunk can broadcast his message, which would have been broadcasted even if Luffy did not get to Egghead and Vegapunk was simply killed by Saturn?

I fail to comprehend the role of the StrawHats in all of this.

That's why I still think there is something more to it.

Post automatically merged:

That'd be kinda lame because that would imply Luffy will be the one to defeat the 5 elders together as I doubt anyone else would reach Joyboy tier haki.
I understand this is his story but there's a limit. Like Nasjuro vs Zoro seems a given
I don't think Luffy will defeat the 5 Elders

Luffy will not even defeat an Elder, unless he somehow gets to face Saturn again before reaching Elbaf (which sounds impossible at this point)

Luffy is Imu's opponent

Exactly, it's not even about that we are against him being taken down by Bonney/Kuma in the end of the story.

It's the fact that Oda perfectly built a great villain of an arc and built everything towards his defeat and yet, he is still there.

Saturn is the one responsible for everything that happened in Egghead, even Luffy told him that he would not let him go away, and all of this for what?

This ain't even remotely comparable to Big Mom as Big Mom was not meant to be defeated since the first place, Whole Cake Island was about saving Sanji.

The arc where a yonko crew gets a world government island under siege so that Vegapunk can broadcast his message, which would have been broadcasted even if Luffy did not get to Egghead and Vegapunk was simply killed by Saturn?

I totally agree.

It could have been Luffy, Bonney/Kuma, Kizaru or even Vegapunk in some ways, bur this was clearly built to be Saturn's main arc as an enemy and the arc in which he should have been dealt with.
Now what will be of him? Will he be just a "random" Elder fated to fall in an arc in which he'll have 1/100 of the focus and maybe against someone who isn't even related to his past? Really?

This course of action Is awafully similar to WC, but with two main differences:

- back then Luffy was objectively unable to defeat BM. This time there Is there regen, yes, but this Is hardly the same;

- there was still a main fight and so, narratively, we had our climax.
Here on EH the only fight was Luffy vs Kizaru and neither of the two really cared. Not to mention happened before Saturn was even on the Island, and was off screened too.

No, this Is really terribile imho. No excuses.
We just had BM 2.0, but worse.

Before the other Elders arrived, I was on the belief that Saturn was going to get defeated/killed during Egghead but once he summoned the other Elders, I knew at that point that the chances of Saturn dying wasn't happening anymore.

Either way I do hope Bonney will properly fight and defeat Saturn in the future.
Yeah awakened momo and awakened bonney nika ooga boonga two of the Gorosei

Shit arc

Post automatically merged:

I don't think Luffy will defeat the 5 Elders

Luffy will not even defeat an Elder, unless he somehow gets to face Saturn again before reaching Elbaf (which sounds impossible at this point)

Luffy is Imu's opponent
Egghead was never about the shp getting a W

It was always about them running like the little bitches they are