Kaido and BM fought couple days before the Raid. Queen said it was a death match and that both tried to kill the other yet Kaido thinks BM can't truly go toe to toe with him while Luffy could.

Bottom right panel. That was "Base" Luffy mind you.
Idk….Luffy couldn’t even take out a fodder like Lucci, granted Luffy wasn’t going all out nor was he serious

But we know if big mom was in that same exact situation, she also wouldn’t be serious but definitely would’ve eviscerated Lucci

And of course it seemed like a “death match” to someone like Queen, the same guy who got scared by an unnamed wind slash from green luffy of all people…….point is, I don’t buy Luffy being above Big Mom. At least not yet as I don’t believe Big Mom or Kaido were truly going all out cause if they were, both would’ve suffered some damage but it just looked like some friendly sparring

Idk….Luffy couldn’t even take out a fodder like Lucci, granted Luffy wasn’t going all out nor was he serious

But we know if big mom was in that same exact situation, she also wouldn’t be serious but definitely would’ve eviscerated Lucci

And of course it seemed like a “death match” to someone like Queen, the same guy who got scared by an unnamed wind slash from green luffy of all people…….point is, I don’t buy Luffy being above Big Mom. At least not yet as I don’t believe Big Mom or Kaido were truly going all out cause if they were, both would’ve suffered some damage but it just looked like some friendly sparring
BM is a person that doesn't fuck around while Goofy is literally a troll. Big mom was stalled by Marco and even Brook. Lucci would easily stall her for a minute or two as he did Luffy.

Queen's comment is the closest thing we have as canon info on their fight and all of that still doesn't explain while Kaido thinks Base Luffy gives him more of a fight than BM. I mean that's what he's literally implying there.