Questions & Mysteries The origin of the strawhat and Ace (sword)

Aight so Roger has an iconic sword and strawhat. And oda has highlighted that characters learn to weave straw into hats in wano. And blade craftsmanship is taught in wano. Kozaburo and kitetsu legendary blacksmith.
However in wano they make amigasa(Japanese strawhats) and katana(Japanese)
e swords
).

Roger's straw hat is a target(Western strawhat). And a cutlass(french/english) sword. The wano people. Wouldn't know how to make these as it is an isolated nation. They would know nothing about a target or cutlass

But they would be able to teach the FUNDAMEMTAL method of weaving straw into hats and making blades. Ace also learnt how to make strawhats from a 5 Yr old tama. Tama being 5 here is important. As it shows weaving strawhats is considered relatively staple in wano culture even for kids.

Ace then used the skill and created a strawhat for oars. So in my belief a character came to wano and learnt blade craft and straw weaving. A character who is not from wano and went there as an outsider. E.g A classical pianist can teach me the FUNDAMENTALS of piano, but i may use those FUNDAMENTAL to play rockstar/pop songs.

Roger was seen with the hat 54 or 53 years ago when he met Rayleigh. So this must have been a little time post logue town. We have all seen countries add their own spin or pre-existing items/food/objects in the real world. We know kozaburo left wano at this time, but a samurai from an isolated nation is not gonna have the navigational skills to make a journey from the new worlds dangerous sea to a remote part of the east blue in one piece. I believe kozaburo took a ride on rocks ship and he took them to the east blue. Notice how the east blue is also where roger is from, which fits very well with the timeline.

So as the skills of blade and strawhat craft are learnt in the same place. The same person who made the hat made the weapon for roger in my belief. Just as luffy was given his hat before he left for his journey i believe the same applies to roger. So if this character had already been to wano before roger had even step foot out of his hometown, they were likely one of the top characters in the era prior to roger
The strawhat is one of the most important aspects of the story, the character who gave roger this important symbol isn't gonna be
some irrelevant character.

It was said that prior to rogers era the era belonged to rocks. I believe before roger had even stepped out of logue town rocks had already travelled deep into the new world and met the people of different nations on his travels. He went to wano and learnt this craft from Kozaburo the legendary blacksmith, if we remember it was said kozaburo made enma and wado around this time for the heir of the kozuki. I believe rocks saw the blade and wanted to learn how to create his own, but since he wasn't a samurai but a western based sailor he wanted to create a western weapon. The wano people have also admitted to have little skill for sailing around the world,we saw it with kinemon and we saw it with oden.

As it was rocks era before that implies he is older but i only think by a couple years maybe 3-4 years max. We also know roger started his journey at a late age, which was 22. If rocks is 4 years older let's say and he started on the sea at luffys age, that means at least 9 years of travelling before roger even stepped out of his own backyard

So kozaburo taught rocks the basics and he used his skills to made a saber called GRYPHON and a cutlass and named it ACE. When kozaburo saw these weapons he realised they were a level above his own and decided to name them part the 12 supreme grades. As one would expect i believe rocks made the strongest supreme grade for himself GRYPHON and the 2nd strongest ACE he gave to roger when he met roger in logue town.

Ace met a 5 yr old tama and i believe rocks met a 5 yr old oden, oden would be about 5 at this time, and oden taught him to make strawhats
Oden - taught rocks to make strawhats
Kozaburo - taught rocks to create blades

He grew to respect roger and thought he was worthy to wield the blade. I believe at one point in the story roger and rocks were friends and became enemies later on due to changing ideals.

That would be mindblowing if roger was rock's friend and inspired him to sail the world.

If Kozborou left on xebec's ship and met Roger on logue town it makes sense he learnt basics of katana from him. I would say its solid theory very possible.
Post automatically merged:

Interesting theory. What if......

He's wearing a strawhat.:bamathink:
I think its kozborou most likely.

Aight so Roger has an iconic sword and strawhat. And oda has highlighted that characters learn to weave straw into hats in wano. And blade craftsmanship is taught in wano. Kozaburo and kitetsu legendary blacksmith.
However in wano they make amigasa(Japanese strawhats) and katana(Japanese)
e swords
).

Roger's straw hat is a target(Western strawhat). And a cutlass(french/english) sword. The wano people. Wouldn't know how to make these as it is an isolated nation. They would know nothing about a target or cutlass

But they would be able to teach the FUNDAMEMTAL method of weaving straw into hats and making blades. Ace also learnt how to make strawhats from a 5 Yr old tama. Tama being 5 here is important. As it shows weaving strawhats is considered relatively staple in wano culture even for kids.

Ace then used the skill and created a strawhat for oars. So in my belief a character came to wano and learnt blade craft and straw weaving. A character who is not from wano and went there as an outsider. E.g A classical pianist can teach me the FUNDAMENTALS of piano, but i may use those FUNDAMENTAL to play rockstar/pop songs.

Roger was seen with the hat 54 or 53 years ago when he met Rayleigh. So this must have been a little time post logue town. We have all seen countries add their own spin or pre-existing items/food/objects in the real world. We know kozaburo left wano at this time, but a samurai from an isolated nation is not gonna have the navigational skills to make a journey from the new worlds dangerous sea to a remote part of the east blue in one piece. I believe kozaburo took a ride on rocks ship and he took them to the east blue. Notice how the east blue is also where roger is from, which fits very well with the timeline.

So as the skills of blade and strawhat craft are learnt in the same place. The same person who made the hat made the weapon for roger in my belief. Just as luffy was given his hat before he left for his journey i believe the same applies to roger. So if this character had already been to wano before roger had even step foot out of his hometown, they were likely one of the top characters in the era prior to roger
The strawhat is one of the most important aspects of the story, the character who gave roger this important symbol isn't gonna be
some irrelevant character.

It was said that prior to rogers era the era belonged to rocks. I believe before roger had even stepped out of logue town rocks had already travelled deep into the new world and met the people of different nations on his travels. He went to wano and learnt this craft from Kozaburo the legendary blacksmith, if we remember it was said kozaburo made enma and wado around this time for the heir of the kozuki. I believe rocks saw the blade and wanted to learn how to create his own, but since he wasn't a samurai but a western based sailor he wanted to create a western weapon. The wano people have also admitted to have little skill for sailing around the world,we saw it with kinemon and we saw it with oden.

As it was rocks era before that implies he is older but i only think by a couple years maybe 3-4 years max. We also know roger started his journey at a late age, which was 22. If rocks is 4 years older let's say and he started on the sea at luffys age, that means at least 9 years of travelling before roger even stepped out of his own backyard

So kozaburo taught rocks the basics and he used his skills to made a saber called GRYPHON and a cutlass and named it ACE. When kozaburo saw these weapons he realised they were a level above his own and decided to name them part the 12 supreme grades. As one would expect i believe rocks made the strongest supreme grade for himself GRYPHON and the 2nd strongest ACE he gave to roger when he met roger in logue town.

Ace met a 5 yr old tama and i believe rocks met a 5 yr old oden, oden would be about 5 at this time, and oden taught him to make strawhats
Oden - taught rocks to make strawhats
Kozaburo - taught rocks to create blades

He grew to respect roger and thought he was worthy to wield the blade. I believe at one point in the story roger and rocks were friends and became enemies later on due to changing ideals.
(Please use capital letters for the character names, and also use commas to make the sentences easier to read).

Omg this is such a good prediction/theory.

So you think Xebec made both Roger's sword and later he gave his own weapon to Shanks? Suddenly i want to know the history of Roger's and Shanks' sword so bad. Thanks for sharing your prediction.

Yeah i glad you liked it. I believe shanks sword gryphon is the strongest supreme grade, specifically becuase i believe its the sword rocks created for himself. Makes sense he would give himself the strongest weapon

That would be mindblowing if roger was rock's friend and inspired him to sail the world.

If Kozborou left on xebec's ship and met Roger on logue town it makes sense he learnt basics of katana from him. I would say its solid theory very possible.
Post automatically merged:

I think its kozborou most likely.
Oda forgot that cover. :cheers: