Speculations The Potential JOYBOYS

HOW HIGH WILL YOUR CEILING GO ?!!

YOU COULDN'T BE JOYBOY EITHER IT SEEMS..

The first is a statement early in Kaido's interaction with Luffy in Onigashima where he thinks of Luffy's potential, and the second is the last consideration he makes as a result of his interaction with Luffy, where he concludes that Luffy's potential falls short and that he could not be JOYBOY either.

Could this mean that the one's behind Luffy are those who had the potential/came closest to be JOYBOY in Kaido's mind ? :hope:

Only thing that could maybe count against it is if Joy Boy has to be a D. Shanks might be one, but WB and Oden certainly aren’t
Who told you Joy Boy is a D.?

Anyway regarding this, i believe yes, Kaido did indeed see those 5 as Potential Joy Boy but four of them Died before they achieve what joy boy is supposed to & Kaido also believed Luffy is gonna drown & die & thus why he said Luffy isn't Joy Boy either

The interesting part is what about Shanks?
It's possible that Shanks is still a Joy Boy Candidate in eyes of Kaido

Luffy is joyboy, and Wano needs to be opened for when Luffy returns from Laughtale.

That special power of Luffy's to make allies and enemy'a follow him, is Joyboy's special ability. This ability is also what makes Luffy the control module for all 3 ancient weapons.

That ability was shown in chapter 949.

Chapter 626, 647, 649, 968 & 972 confirm that.

Oda has also pointed to Luffy being Joyboy

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EMafHAUWsAUzt_5?format=jpg&name=large

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
My most prominent theory still sees Joy Boy as a giant or at least non average sized person or even being of different race of the past. Based off the big hat notion and the potential connections between Im sama and the Ancient Great Kingdom / the Void Century. I would not necessarily define it as a compelling theory in that there's no substantial enough evidence to it nonetheless.

My most prominent theory still sees Joy Boy as a giant or at least non average sized person or even being of different race of the past. Based off the big hat notion and the potential connections between Im sama and the Ancient Great Kingdom / the Void Century. I would not necessarily define it as a compelling theory in that there's no substantial enough evidence to it nonetheless.
It's Charlotte Amande...

The the boy part is just a throw off.
Post automatically merged:

In the past, this was an unanswered question for me.

But now, I'm sure from Kaido's words that it was Luffy. This is Eiichiro Oda's style. If the villain says you can't do it, the character will definitely do it.

There was already a "chosen one" plot about Luffy. This is the first time Crocus mentioned it. 900 episodes ago. Then we know what guys like Shanks have to say about Luffy. But is this chosen one Joy Boy or someone else with an important role like Shiroshi or Momo? This part was controversial. But Kaido associated Luffy not being Joy Boy with his victory. So Kaido thought what Shanks, Rayleigh, Crocus thought, and said, "This is it, it's over." You are not Joy Boy(chosen one).

But we all know that Kaido will be defeated by Luffy. So the opposite of what made Kaido think Luffy wasn't Joy Boy will happen. In short yes, Luffy=Joy Boy.

Kaido already emphasized Luffy's smile in the previous episodes... This is also a proof.

HOW HIGH WILL YOUR CEILING GO ?!!

YOU COULDN'T BE JOYBOY EITHER IT SEEMS..

The first is a statement early in Kaido's interaction with Luffy in Onigashima where he thinks of Luffy's potential, and the second is the last consideration he makes as a result of his interaction with Luffy, where he concludes that Luffy's potential falls short and that he could not be JOYBOY either.

Could this mean that the one's behind Luffy are those who had the potential/came closest to be JOYBOY in Kaido's mind ? :hope:
Yea yea yea

Maybe what Robin and Roger knew from the Poneglyphs...maybe Joyboy is not a person in the past but is actually a future prophecy about Luffy? Itll be dope

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
If it’s not Luffy - and let’s get one thing straight; it is absolutely, 100 percent Luffy - it’s Momo. Him realizing he has to stay alive after reading his father’s journal is one thing, but we learned in Fishman Island that Joy Boy wrote an apology to the Ryugu Kingdom on a Poneglyph before we learned in Zou that the Kozuki clan were the singular architects of the same. Considering the author’s clear emphasis on Wano’s importance to the central still-unresolved mysteries of the series, don’t be surprised if he throws us that particular curveball...

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
There's an intrinsic dynamic related to finding the Poneglyphs basically which can lead Us to believe even more that if Joy Boy was an actual being of the past then Luffy is the one to be ascribed as more related.