Chapter Discussion The Powers of Imu and The Gorosei

Apollo

The Sol King
So Oda did it again, he created silhouettes yet again. This time, he made six of them for Imu and the Gorosei. This is meant to be a quick view of those panels and what info we could get from them.

First, lets start with the order of the Gorosei we saw:

Imu stands at the top, while the Gorosei all stand on the ground. From left to right, we see Saturn, Blonde, Gandhi, Beard and Mustache. That is what we will call them for this thread.
:saturn::gotres::gosecon::goquad::gouno:

Now, after Sabo attacks they all transform. And if we were to assume they maintained their positions then the silhouettes would be as follows:
The Giant above: Imu.
Horns: Saturn.
Blob on the ground: Blonde.
The one with the scarf (similar to Gear 5's): Gandhi.
Bird: Beard (He also seems to have a scarf like Gandhi, but its clearer in the next panel).
Winged Helmet: Mustache (We'll come back to this one later).

In the panel that follows, it seems they still maintained their order:

With this, we have established which silhouettes belong to who.

Now some observations about the powers that were shown:

1-Imu didn't use an arrow, but a tail to attack Cobra and Sabo:

I said this in the spoilers thread, but it seems that Imu used his tail to attack Cobra. Lets take a look at the panels:

Notice that Imu is the first to react to the revelation of Lili being a "D", and somewhere from the side Cobra is pierced by a tail. One might assume that one of the Gorosei were responsible. This is unlikely because:
-The Gorosei were still in human form and only pointing their guns at Cobra.
-Imu is the supreme king, the Gorosei wouldn't act on their own like that with Imu present.
-Lastly, we get to see that the tail isn't coming from the direction of the Gorosei when Sabo attacks them:

This was Imu's attack. Now why is it a tail ?

I believe that Imu will have a mythical zoan of The Devil, the original devil fruit. This would make Imu the Sea Devil mentioned ever since the early days of the series:

And usually, a devil's tail is shaped like an arrow:

Now, going onto the Gorosei:
1-Gandhi and Beard seem to have a scarf around them, this is called a "Hagoromo". It is worn by Eastern deities and they stay flowing through divine energy. This leads me to believe that both of these Gorosei have fruit powers related to Easter Mythical beings.

2-Saturn has horns, which can be many mythical beings. Meanwhile Blonde is a blob with no specific features. So both of them are too broad to give a judgement.

3-Now, lets talk about the Mustache Gorosei who occupies the most-right position:

I mentioned that this is a Winged Helmet, interestingly enough the Roman God Mercury is depcited wearing a winged helmet:

Ever since Saturn's name was revealed, many of us speculated to the names of the other Gorosei and whether they will be named after Planets/Roman Gods similar to Saturn. I believe that the Mustache Gorosei will be Mercury and will have a mythical devil fruit bearing his namesake.

This thread turned out much longer than I expected, but the higher authorities of the World Government are honestly some of the most interesting things going on right now in One Piece.

Lets hope Saturn does not disappoint in Egghead :cheers: