General & Others The problem with strawhats and how Oda's obsession with Luffy is ruining the cast

Have you noticed how every character loses their personality when they become friends with luffy?? They stop talking about their own dreams.. I don't even remember when was the last time zoro or nami or robin talked about their own motivation. Oda has time to show luffy shouting he is gonna be pirate king every 10 chapters, but doesn't have time showing nami or robin doing their own things in 1 or 2 panel. Now all of them just keep shouting about luffy like mindless zombies. I mean believing in your bro is cool but now its too much.

Kid had grudge against luffy and kaido?? Doesn't matter now he acts like a tsundere girl for luffy and abandoned his revenge. Same for law.... Zoro probably forgot that he wants to be wss since he doesn't even talk about it. What is ussop even doing??!!

The main character having more focus is understandable but when the writer bends the story just for mc, it becomes annoying. It doesn't feel organic. The strawhats doesn't even seem like real people with their own personality now. This problem started after time skip but its got out of hand since wci

Last edited:
Have you noticed how every character loses their personality when they become friends with luffy?? They stop talking about their own dreams.. I don't even remember when was the last time zoro or nami or robin talked about their own motivation. Oda has time to show luffy shouting he is gonna be pirate king every 10 chapters, but doesn't have time showing nami or robin doing their own things in 1 or 2 panel. Now all of them just keep shouting about luffy like mindless zombies. I mean believing in your bro is cool but now its too much.

Kid had grudge against luffy and kaido?? Doesn't matter now he acts like a tsundere girl for luffy and abandoned his revenge. Same for law.... Zoro probably forgot that he wants to be wss since he doesn't even talk about it.

The main character having more focus is understandable but when the writer bends the story just for mc, it becomes annoying. It doesn't feel organic. The strawhats doesn't even seem like real people with their own personality now. This problem started after time skip but its got out of hand since wci
The sooner you accept this is now Luffy Piece, the quicker you will no longer put to much value into it.:cheers:

sounds like a zoro fan kid who cries just becoz he doesn't like the fact that zoro will always be just another lackey of luffy. zoro kids need to learn that the story is abt luffy, not abt some lackey of luffy :gokulaugh::suresure:
Nah it was a genuine concern not some funny competitive post. I have been feeling this way since wci... I recently read another manga called the promised neverland and there the author's obsession with mc destroyed the last arc....

Its a serious problem if we go toward this route. Specially when now that gomu gomu no mi and joyboy connections are coming. It can make or break one piece.

I've seen more than 10 posts of you complaining oda this oda that, fanbase this fanbase that. do you know anything other than complaining?
winning this war means luffy becomes closer to becoming PK than he ever was. why would zoro talk about being WSS while fighting against 2 emperors(who dont care about WSS) and commanders(who dont care about it either)?
you dont remember zoro and nami telling there ambition? cool they dont talk about that because they dont need to do that. why would nami go around telling everyone that she's going to make a world map? there's no competition for her, no one she needs to surpass. Luffy literally has one bigass obstacle lurking right infront of him so ofcourse he's gonna say that. or are you salty that luffy is main character?

I've seen more than 10 posts of you complaining oda this oda that, fanbase this fanbase that. do you know anything other than complaining?
winning this war means luffy becomes closer to becoming PK than he ever was. why would zoro talk about being WSS while fighting against 2 emperors(who dont care about WSS) and commanders(who dont care about it either)?
you dont remember zoro and nami telling there ambition? cool they dont talk about that because they dont need to do that. why would nami go around telling everyone that she's going to make a world map? there's no competition for her, no one she needs to surpass. Luffy literally has one bigass obstacle lurking right infront of him so ofcourse he's gonna say that. or are you salty that luffy is main character?
This is my 2nd post on worst gen but ok.. I ain't gonna argue with some blind fanboy who see nothing wrong with the story. But not everybody is gonna mindlessly like everything

Y

Yes=No

Law Seemed more laid-back pre-time skip now he’s all serious. That’s all to Balance him off of Luffy

This is my 2nd post on worst gen but ok.. I ain't gonna argue with some blind fanboy who see nothing wrong with the story. But not everybody is gonna mindlessly like everything
didnt know 2nd means (16)th post.
one piece aint perfect but everything you feel salty towards isnt bullshit writing. just because you dont like something doesnt mean its bad. you put your point and ignored everything from my post, went on to say this is my only second post and I wont argue with you. I know why you wont argue, its because there's nothing you can argue in my reply, its just fact as simple as that

Luffy has the strongest will and every straw hat owes their life to him. He’s their captain and are joining him on his journey. Everything they do is to assist Luffy in his dream because that’s what the crew does for their captain.

They all still cherish their own dreams. Robin still goes out of her way to find ponegylphs wherever they visit, franky is constantly upgrading his ship, zoros fighting swordsman and no swordsman to get stronger, Usopp faces his fears, and so on.

It’s how the mangas written. To the readers and to the straw hats Luffys dream is the most important. And it drives the plot. Everyone else’s dream is ancillary to Luffy becoming king of the pirates.

didnt know 2nd means (16)th post.
one piece aint perfect but everything you feel salty towards isnt bullshit writing. just because you dont like something doesnt mean its bad. you put your point and ignored everything from my post, went on to say this is my only second post and I wont argue with you. I know why you wont argue, its because there's nothing you can argue in my reply, its just fact as simple as that
Bro thats not 16th post. Thats the number of comment i made in 3 months i have been member of worst gen. Only 16 comment in 3 month. Is that too many? Most of them are not even about this but weekly chapter comment.

I have only written 2 threads. Thats what i meant. I thought there is a difference between post and comment.

Y

Yes=No

Bro thats not 16th post. Thats the number of comment i made in 3 months i have been member of worst gen. Only 16 comment in 3 month. Is that too many? Most of them are not even about this but weekly chapter comment.

I have only written 2 threads. Thats what i meant. I thought there is a difference between post and comment.
Dude I wouldn’t worry about it if you can’t Complain on this website Where can you I know he’s the one Initiating the conversation but Just keep posting

Nah it was a genuine concern not some funny competitive post. I have been feeling this way since wci... I recently read another manga called the promised neverland and there the author's obsession with mc destroyed the last arc....

Its a serious problem if we go toward this route. Specially when now that gomu gomu no mi and joyboy connections are coming. It can make or break one piece.
nah. i can smell it :seriously: only zoro bois complain abt luffy. WCI didnt change anything. Oda gave luffy the spot light in the great paramount war where WB, WB pirates , WB's allied forces , Marines including admirals, shichibukai , Impel down prisoners, revolutionaries like everyone were present. U think others will be able to outshine luffy in his own story :beckmoji:

and dont complain abt joyboy since we dont even know wt all that may mean in the end of the story. u can complain after the story ends however. who knows by then even I may join u to rant :myman:

Dude I wouldn’t worry about it if you can’t Complain on this website Where can you I know he’s the one Initiating the conversation but Just keep posting
Thanks mate. I got confused myself. When the hell did i wrote 16 posts lol. I am kinda new to this forum so still figuring it out how this works. Got sick of reddit because you can't criticize anything there but its a refreshing change here
Post automatically merged:

nah. i can smell it :seriously: only zoro bois complain abt luffy. WCI didnt change anything. Oda gave luffy the spot light in the great paramount war where WB, WB pirates , WB's allied forces , Marines including admirals, shichibukai , Impel down prisoners, revolutionaries like everyone were present. U think others will be able to outshine luffy in his own story :beckmoji:

and dont complain abt joyboy since we dont even know wt all that may mean in the end of the story. u can complain after the story ends however. who knows by then even I may join u to rant :myman:
Actually luffy is one of my favs...... I disliked luffy getting 2 commander fights in wci but sanji getting none. Thats when it started to click for me. There are some times when i post silly comments with agendas but this was not it...

I kinda appreciated this arc because for once Luffy didn't "steal" the spotlight as prominently as per usual but still I will hate if he once again does that in the aftermath of the arc so I hope this time things will be more even and regardless I'm happy that so many SHs got a concrete focus despite I expected a deeper one for a few of em.