Theory The real Yamato

This theory has been in my head before Kaido even revealed Yamato.

Kaido was expecting to see Oden reflected in Momonosuke. Instead what he saw was a weak cry baby who was not worthy of his name. So much so that he did not care enough to kill him. Kaido's parenting style is very similar to Garp's. In his own way, he's trying to mold his child to be the person he wants him to be. But like Momonosuke, Yamato disappointed him.

So here's the theory...
Kaido is truly one of a kind, his crew is filled with imitations. Numbers who are failed experiments of ancient giants. Gifters who are imperfect versions of zoan users. Pleasures who couldn't even get the imperfect powers.

Kaido had two children. Twins to be exact. One son and one daughter, born from a union of an Oni and a human. Kaido's son, the original Yamato looked exactly like him. He was every thing Kaido wanted in a son, the other was a girl who looked exactly like the mother. Although she was also an Oni, she was nothing compared to her brother. Kaido didn't even bother giving her a name, instead she took on the pseudonym 'Oni Princess'.

Yamato showed potential. Unlocked CoC while he was a baby, he was ruthless and showed alot of promise. Kaido decided to take his son on a raid, which unfortunately led to his death.

Kaido couldn't except his son's death. He couldn't understand how his son, who was like him could die from a simple raid. He developed a habit of trying to take his life which always failed. He started drinking heavily to deal with his memories.

Kaido decided to replace his dead son with his only remaining offspring. The oni princess. He gave her the name Yamato and referred to her as his son. Yamato unlike her brother was never allowed to leave Onigashima.

This would explain Yamato's identity issues, why Kaido and everyone else refers to her as Kaido's son, his treatment of her. Kaido's obsessive drinking and his hobby of trying to kill himself.

Last edited:
This is pure speculation. And though it's a nice and possible idea, I don't think it will happen, because there is a much simpler option. Yamato is called 'him/he' because she wants to be Oden. Oden is a samurai. And women are not allowed to be samurai. Though her idea is not accepted in Kaido's crew, she is respected, because she has strong CoC. And that's why they accept to call her 'him'.
We will see in future chapters that though still young Momo will be Odens succesor. And her role as Oden will not be needed anymore. She will return being herself and join the Strawhats.

Lhulu

Tobidara Believer
Wow, that's pretty good man, congrats.
I don't think we'll have an "original son", maybe he just wanted Yamato to born as a man(this is extremely common in certain cultures, perhaps Oda fits the Oni race into this) and got disappointed with her birth. The rest of your theorie can enter here(Yamato should be the first name Kaido's choosed while he wants a son and he just called her like this after the CoC awakening).

Kaido's projecting himself in Yamato it's an interesting theme, let's see if Oda will do that.

That was fun to read. Loved it.
Imo the chances of there being yamato (kaido's Son) are pretty slim. We didn't hear anything about that, not a single mention and we're pretty far already.
Nonetheless, if by some way, it does happen/turn out as you speculate, i'll dig it.

Glad you guys enjoyed it. Purely speculation on my part, but I kicked myself when I didn't mention the possibility of Kaido having a son in during Oden's flashback. Oda also dropped Yamato out of nowhere.

Oda tries to humanize the villian in some way to justify their current actions. But yes I put this together in an effort to humanize him and justify his treatment of Yamato in the recent chapters.

Glad you guys enjoyed it. Purely speculation on my part, but I kicked myself when I didn't mention the possibility of Kaido having a son in during Oden's flashback. Oda also dropped Yamato out of nowhere.

Oda tries to humanize the villian in some way to justify their current actions. But yes I put this together in an effort to humanize him and justify his treatment of Yamato in the recent chapters.
:cheers:

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
This theory has been in my head before Kaido even revealed Yamato.

Kaido was expecting to see Oden reflected in Momonosuke. Instead what he saw was a weak cry baby who was not worthy of his name. So much so that he did not care enough to kill him. Kaido's parenting style is very similar to Garp's. In his own way, he's trying to mold his child to be the person he wants him to be. But like Momonosuke, Yamato disappointed him.

So here's the theory...
Kaido is truly one of a kind, his crew is filled with imitations. Numbers who are failed experiments of ancient giants. Gifters who are imperfect versions of zoan users. Pleasures who couldn't even get the imperfect powers.

Kaido had two children. Twins to be exact. One son and one daughter, born from a union of an Oni and a human. Kaido's son, the original Yamato looked exactly like him. He was every thing Kaido wanted in a son, the other was a girl who looked exactly like the mother. Although she was also an Oni, she was nothing compared to her brother. Kaido didn't even bother giving her a name, instead she took on the pseudonym 'Oni Princess'.

Yamato showed potential. Unlocked CoC while he was a baby, he was ruthless and showed alot of promise. Kaido decided to take his son on a raid, which unfortunately led to his death.

Kaido couldn't except his son's death. He couldn't understand how his son, who was like him could die from a simple raid. He developed a habit of trying to take his life which always failed. He started drinking heavily to deal with his memories.

Kaido decided to replace his dead son with his only remaining offspring. The oni princess. He gave her the name Yamato and referred to her as his son. Yamato unlike her brother was never allowed to leave Onigashima.

This would explain Yamato's identity issues, why Kaido and everyone else refers to her as Kaido's son, his treatment of her. Kaido's obsessive drinking and his hobby of trying to kill himself.
Wow, this is actually pretty good.

And I remember a theory from way back that Kaido's depression was due to losing a child, though I can't remember all the points, but they were compelling.

Well...Kaido is based on mangolian ! And one of their tribe tradition , if they don't have son , they call their daughter as son instead....
May b Oda have done some deep study

This is pure speculation. And though it's a nice and possible idea, I don't think it will happen, because there is a much simpler option. Yamato is called 'him/he' because she wants to be Oden. Oden is a samurai. And women are not allowed to be samurai. Though her idea is not accepted in Kaido's crew, she is respected, because she has strong CoC. And that's why they accept to call her 'him'.
We will see in future chapters that though still young Momo will be Odens succesor. And her role as Oden will not be needed anymore. She will return being herself and join the Strawhats.
I heavily doubt its this. Theyre not good guys. It could simply be that Kaido doesnt think equally of a woman and thats why he calls Yamato his son not that they accepted Yamatos wishes.