Speculations The Road Towards the Sun

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha

That’s the title of the chapter Jinbei is invited to join the crew. With the reveal of “Sun God” Nika, the cheerful boy who wants to free all the worlds slaves and laughter to their lips- Joy Boy, much- this chapter has some added significance.

It starts with Shirahoshi talking with the Sea Kings, with Neptune saying the power to destroy the world has awakened

Then we see the Sea Kings talk about Luffy’s ability to hear them, like Roger did, and more importantly, the use of Noah

And then Jinbei gives Luffy his blood

There’s a lot of significant word choice and imagery here to unpack

Jinbei and Luffy, joining forces, fishman and human, fishman and D. And this is a representation of “the true road to the sun.”

If you are on the “road to” something, then you’re on a destination to an end point. Luffy and Jinbei together are travelling to the sun. What was the sun? Well, we discover this chapter it’s this

Note the exclamation marks. Jinbei does know what Who’s Who is talking about here. Presumably, I’d guess, from Fisher Tiger. Who’s Who, being a racist, makes the assumption that all “slimy” fishmen will know this story because they are a slave race. Not true, as we know, but Tiger was a slave fishman who could have learned rhis story, and used it as inspiration for his Mariejois raid

Doing what Nika did, naming his pirate crew after them. Now, Jinbei did not know Tiger was a slave, but I presume that Tiger did tell him parts of this Nika tale. Sadly, Tiger could not be the one to go on the true road to the sun, as he was- understandably- too filled with hate.

A person like that can’t bring joy, the way Luffy and Jinbei can.

And Luffy and Jinbei are on this road together. To go back to the first few images from Jinbei’s invitation chapter, there’s more interesting stuff. Shirahoshi, and her destructive power of Posiedon, will be involved. But there’s also a “promised time”, the Sea Kings have been ”waiting” for. they need Noah to be fixed by some people by then- I’m guessing the giants, based on the sheer size of Noah. Expect Jinbei to one day helm Noah, packed full of freed slaves and fishman, to the surface and the sun.

There’s all the things we’ve come to be more aware from in Wano, of a “promised time” when the world will change. This also adds weight to Crocus, Rayleigh and Whitebeard’s words (to name a few) from throughout the series.

Basically, if you’re upset about Luff being a promised hero, sorry to tell you, but this is no new development. We’ve known for a very long time that Roger is ”waiting” for someone, that he started the Age of Pirates on purpose, that the people of Ohara and the Roger Pirates were “too hasty”, that one day a man Roger was “waiting for” would arise and shoulder “centuries of history.” All words that bring to mind a dream if the future, an idea that people have been waiting for for a long, long time, for someone to come along and save them, like the “Sun God” did. That someone is Luffy, on his road to the Sun,

As an aside for some other things that popped into my head

Why is the sun so important? It’s a representation of freedom, a bright new start. What is the Dawn? It’s the rising of the Sun and a new day, the passing of night and the fear of the past. We’ve seen a lot of talk from the Scabbards of the dawn coming to Wano, this is just one more step in the road to the sun.

To the fishmen, it’s the surface, to see the true sun, to be part of the world and not hidden away at the sea floor. The dream of Otohime and the fishmen in the past who created Noah.

For slaves, freedom, away from the drudgery of a slaves existence. How did Tiger remove the mark of slavery? By covering it with a sun.

This is one of the main goals that have been passed down to Luffy, “since ancient times”. Nika’s dream of rhe Sun. A true expression of freedom, Luffy’s main wish, for all the people of the world who are oppressed.

Also, that thing that Luffy and Roger said thag we don’t know about, definitely to make everyone in the world laugh. Childish, calls to mind Joy Boy and Nika, fits like a glove.

Seeing how Joy Boy, Gomu Gomu No being Special, Luffy's Voice reaching Momo, his CoC Upgrade ... etc all being Revealed around same Volume or Two, i'd say there is a Trick here

Oda wants you guys to believe Luffy is this Savior, but the Plot Twist could be that it's not him at all
So who might it be?

So Far the Hints given for this Upcoming Savior is that he seem to be Related to Straw Hat, Inherited the Will of Roger, Loves to Laugh & Party, have Powerful CoC & Treasures Friendship & Hates harming Friends & Innocents, he aim for Peace & is related to Wano.

Luffy is the Obvious Clear Answer, but if it's actually Someone we know ver well:

Did Roger gave his Hat to Luffy? No, he gave it to Shanks
Does Shanks love to Laugh & Party? Yes, Absolutely
Did Shanks inherit his Captain's Will? He definitely looks like it
Is he among the ones Kaido (Someone who knows about Joy Boy) Hyped? Yes & Currently still Alive
Does he have Powerful CoC? Actually he have Most Hyped CoC so far
Does he Treasure Friendship? & Hates Harming Innocents? That's what Defined him in Chapter 1
Is he related to Wano? Oda made sure to make Sengoku & Akainu mention him in that Mid-Wano Meeting Scene
Could he come to Wano? Oda said Shanks will make a move Next Year (2021 or 2022) so.........
His Epithet is Red-Haired & his Animal is "Lion" so there is definitely a Lot of Symbolism here (Actually Lion & Sun are Connected more than you could imagine, just Google it & see for yourselves)

And finally, who is Luffy? What's his Dream? What can he do?
The guy repeated it many times, Luffy told the Readers: "I can't Cook, i can't Navigate, i can't Lie, i can't Fight with a Sword ... etc"
He never hears Backstories when they are being told, & when Jinbe told him to save Fishmen Island & be a Hero, you know what Luffy replied? He said "I don't wanna be a Hero" !! His Dream is about Collecting the Best Crew Possible

Luffy is the Guy who recruited the Swordsman who will One Day be able to Cut Anyone & Anything
He is the Captain who recruited the Cook who will find All Blue, the Navigator who will Draw the World Map, the Doctor who will Cure every Disease, the Shipwright who will build Best Ship, the Fishman who will help fulfill Fishmen Island Dream, the Historian who will uncover Lost World History ... etc

And in every Arc, his Role has always been about removing the Obstruction that stands in the way of those who have a Dream, that's why he Defeats Villains, the Arcs has always been about someone else, about Nami, about Robin, Vivi, Sanji, Jinbe, Brook, Ace, Shirahoshi, Momo, Cricket ... etc It's their Dreams that mattered, it's their Story, but Luffy comes to help & remove what was stopping them from realizing their Goals

So for Last Arc & for Entire One Piece Story, the one who is carrying the Biggest Dream & the one that Luffy must help Last is none other than Shanks !!

Luffy is "The Guide"
Shanks is "The Savior"

This is just a Theory based on the the possibility that Oda might be tricking his Readers & making them assume Luffy is the Prophesized Man. Obviously the safe bet is that Luffy is simply the Next Joy Boy, but i believe this Theory was worth mentioning.
And if Shanks does indeed come to Wano soon then the chances of this Theory being True rises considerably

Shanks was a Friend of Oden
Shanks wants to meet Luffy after he proves himself (Defeating Kaido should be Enough)
Who's Who Hates Shanks
Kid Lost his Arm against Shanks
Shanks is Only One Alive among those Five that Kaido met
Oda said Shanks will make a Move soon
Sengoku & Akainu mentioned Shanks with Wano
Post-Raid, Luffy will have only One Road Poneglyph to take & Shanks might know where is it
Marco was asked to Join by Shanks & he is currently in Wano
Shanks clashed with Kaido during MF War
Shanks arrived at MF when a Yonko was Fighting & Balance was Threatened
Shanks said that "He will Meet Luffy Soon after WCI"
This Arc focused on CoC so Heavily that it doesn't make sense for Shanks to not make an Appearance
He can also say few words about Mihawk to compare him with Post-Raid Zoro & Hype us for that Fight once more
It's also great time for Yasopp to finally meet Usopp
Red-Hair interest in Gomu Gomu no also needs to be explained ... etc

So imo chances of Shanks coming to Wano are Extremely High (Possibly more than 80%)
And this definitely portrays him as someone who could be the Prophesized Savior while Luffy is the Guide even though Oda made us believe the Opposite

@Red Admiral tagging you since you could be interested in this idea

So imo chances of Shanks coming to Wano are Extremely High (Possibly more than 80%)
And this definitely portrays him as someone who could be the Prophesized Savior while Luffy is the Guide even though Oda made us believe the Opposite

@Red Admiral tagging you since you could be interested in this idea
yea ... ikd ... it's a good theory but I like Luffy being savoir makes the most sense
I think Shanks should have HIS OWN role and hidden goal inside of one piece story something more than a Guide or Guardian

he CAN be one of them but I still think his role is much more hidden and less obvious

If u see the silhouette Nika looking like Shandian guy, if hes is Shandians ancestor? And was the first user from Fire Fire Fuit? Hes wish is passing through the fruit and arriving in hes sucessors Ace and Sabo, why in the hand in a Revolutionary who wants to freed peoples and wants to destroy WG?

For me in the end Nika and Joy Boy was some close friends(Besto friend like brothers) Nika wanted to freed the slaves and Joy boy wanted to united the races?