Theory The sand sand fruit has the hidden ability to control dreams

Crocodile has a 1.9 billion berry bounty in part due to his logia.

Therefore I think he needs to be one of the most powerful logia users in one piece. While his pre skip abilities were strong, I feel like he should show something new to warrant his bounty.

So I feel like this could be a route Oda takes Croc’s powers. Crocodile is a sandman. By getting dream powers, he will become The Sandman.

Powers I think he could show:
  • Making people fall asleep by putting sand in their eyes
  • Creating illusions via sand
  • Creating dream monsters via sand
  • Trapping people in dreams
  • Entering people’s minds via dreams

Therefore I think he needs to be one of the most powerful logia users in one piece. While his pre skip abilities were strong, I feel like he should show something new to warrant his bounty.

So I feel like this could be a route Oda takes Croc’s powers. Crocodile is a sandman. By getting dream powers, he will become The Sandman.

I tried so many times to come up with a theory that collide The Sandman and One Piece, especially the D, could be that every one of them mean something different, wouldn’t that be such poetic and epic ?

That's too advanced thinking for Oda

Fun idea. I would like this to happen and the reasoning behind it could simply be thqt Croc realized something about creativity during his fight with Luffy similar to Luffy learning from opponents like CP-0 and Katakuri. Croc may have maxed out in conventional skills but still have a lot of improvement in creative skill set.

Good theory. But I thought Croco boy was awakened already!?
> climate change on arabasta
> his touch drying things out
iirc, Crocodile used artificial rain powder to manipulate the climate in Alabasta. And he tries things out by sucking the moisture out through his hand, which is akin to Aokiji freezing larger areas via touch or Oven heating large areas (like part of the sea) up, which is not the same as awakening.

iirc, Crocodile used artificial rain powder to manipulate the climate in Alabasta. And he tries things out by sucking the moisture out through his hand, which is akin to Aokiji freezing larger areas via touch or Oven heating large areas (like part of the sea) up, which is not the same as awakening.
He used rain powder to cause rain in specific areas. This was just to get the fame by the population, I think.
When luffy beat croc it started to rain immediately. It also might explain his 'weak' state when he faced luffy - he might had to maintain the dry weather conditions in the entire country which probably effected his stamina

He used rain powder to cause rain in specific areas.
Which caused the rain to stop in the Kingdom as far as I know. The Wikia elaborates:

"The process in which the artificial rain is created artificially matures clouds that aren't ready to rain yet. The clouds would have rained on their own, but at a later time and most likely in a different location.

When Dance Powder is used, all of the water contained within these clouds would all be used up. Because of this, other countries and locations who would have naturally benefited from the rainfall when these clouds naturally matured would be greatly deprived of rain."

I don't recall exactly why it started to rain as soon as Crocodile was defeated, but as far as I know the ship that was responsible for launching the powder into the atmosphere was seized by the marines in the meantime of the fight.

Which caused the rain to stop in the Kingdom as far as I know. The Wikia elaborates:

"The process in which the artificial rain is created artificially matures clouds that aren't ready to rain yet. The clouds would have rained on their own, but at a later time and most likely in a different location.

When Dance Powder is used, all of the water contained within these clouds would all be used up. Because of this, other countries and locations who would have naturally benefited from the rainfall when these clouds naturally matured would be greatly deprived of rain."

I don't recall exactly why it started to rain as soon as Crocodile was defeated, but as far as I know the ship that was responsible for launching the powder into the atmosphere was seized by the marines in the meantime of the fight.
Oh thanks. A re-read of arabasta might be appropriate by now.