Fanclub The Science Nerds FC 🔭

Cool thread.

Healthier places to live and work in such as Green Buildings are already highly demanded, I expect the future to be no less for now.

It would also consistently impact the economic system for its financial benefits. Less construction costs and less bills to pay, for example.

Furthermore, the environment would benefit the most with less water and natural sources wastage, thanks to a more autonomous energy production.
Isn't the construction for green building actually more expensive? Since you have to get specialized designer for that and i think the infrastructure to support the eco friendly system costs more too

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
‎
Cool thread.

Isn't the construction for green building actually more expensive? Since you have to get specialized designer for that and i think the infrastructure to support the eco friendly system costs more too
They basically cost quite less in the long run due the energy costs being highly reduced, specially electricity wise. The materials are also very abundant in the market and no more expensive than the ones used for non green / sustainable buildings, but not many are aware of this hence they don't go for it. Getting designers can be pretty expensive, but that's a small part of the overall total "life" investment.

Well, honestly i dont have much to say because biology is not my specialty, i just hope the best for any party involved in such works
I can explain in a way that will help you understand the situation. From my understanding:

- Bret noticed that mice have long telomeres.
- Telomeres simply function as a factor. The longer a telomeres, the longer a creature lives. And vice-versa.

but there is something seemingly contradicts this.

- it is noticed that these mice live shortly

Why? Since these mice have long telomeres (and it is 10 times longer than in us humans), they suppose to live as long as they could, right?

it is noticed that mice’s lifespan:
- if house mice, from 12 months to 18 months to 2 years at best
- if wild mice, they live for 12 months at best

However, why mice that their telomeres 10 times longer than in humans and die probably in less than a year? It contradicts nature, right?

well, Bret found out later that it is LAB mice that have long telomeres. Not WILD mice. Wild mice found to have short telomeres.

So?

What’s the problem with lab mice? Why they die shortly?

it’s been noticed that lab mice allowed to mate if they are less than 8 months old. If one lab mouse is 8 months old or more, it will be thrown away. I assume the staff kill them and burn them for a reason I’ll tell you why.

the breeding protocol of the mice that the staff practices for decades, caused the lab mice to lose the ability to fight cancer. All lab mice, and only lab mice die of cancer.

Apparently wild/house mice have in their genes the thing that fights cancer maybe.

and get this: the lab mice are being used to test medicines that are for human use.

I can explain in a way that will help you understand the situation. From my understanding:

- Bret noticed that mice have long telomeres.
- Telomeres simply function as a factor. The longer a telomeres, the longer a creature lives. And vice-versa.

but there is something seemingly contradicts this.

- it is noticed that these mice live shortly

Why? Since these mice have long telomeres (and it is 10 times longer than in us humans), they suppose to live as long as they could, right?

it is noticed that mice’s lifespan:
- if house mice, from 12 months to 18 months to 2 years at best
- if wild mice, they live for 12 months at best

However, why mice that their telomeres 10 times longer than in humans and die probably in less than a year? It contradicts nature, right?

well, Bret found out later that it is LAB mice that have long telomeres. Not WILD mice. Wild mice found to have short telomeres.

So?

What’s the problem with lab mice? Why they die shortly?

it’s been noticed that lab mice allowed to mate if they are less than 8 months old. If one lab mouse is 8 months old or more, it will be thrown away. I assume the staff kill them and burn them for a reason I’ll tell you why.

the breeding protocol of the mice that the staff practices for decades, caused the lab mice to lose the ability to fight cancer. All lab mice, and only lab mice die of cancer.

Apparently wild/house mice have in their genes the thing that fights cancer maybe.

and get this: the lab mice are being used to test medicines that are for human use.
Wow, it's well-packed and very informative, Thank you so much

So those lab mice that dies of cancer is oberved to have devaluation in telomeres?

So those lab mice that dies of cancer is oberved to have devaluation in telomeres?
The telomeres in lab mice is long.

It is known that mice, their bodies alter based on the environment.

How mice’s bodies alter?

well, the telomeres gets effected by the environment, and because lab mice live in labs, and labs have NO PREDATORS! That caused an alternation to lab mice’s telomeres on decades upon decade.

what’s the good use of long telomeres in lab mice if their bodies can’t fight cancer?

The Jackson Laboratory founded in 1929. In Bar Harbor, Maine.

We are talking about researches papers upon researches papers of almost a century. Based on medical results of medicines that been used on lab mice that are ineffectual. And we humans use these medicines. And how many medicines been removed from the market?

Vioxx (1999 - 2004)
Valdecoxib Bextra (2001 - 2005)
Pemoline Cylert (1975 - 2010)

so many to list. Drugs been removed from the markets for one reason and more.

The telomeres in lab mice is long.

It is known that mice, their bodies alter based on the environment.

How mice’s bodies alter?

well, the telomeres gets effected by the environment, and because lab mice live in labs, and labs have NO PREDATORS! That caused an alternation to lab mice’s telomeres on decades upon decade.

what’s the good use of long telomeres in lab mice if their bodies can’t fight cancer?

The Jackson Laboratory founded in 1929. In Bar Harbor, Maine.

We are talking about researches papers upon researches papers of almost a century. Based on medical results of medicines that been used on lab mice that are ineffectual. And we humans use these medicines. And how many medicines been removed from the market?

Vioxx (1999 - 2004)
Valdecoxib Bextra (2001 - 2005)
Pemoline Cylert (1975 - 2010)

so many to list. Drugs been removed from the markets for one reason and more.
so what's the bad news about lab mice losing their ability to fight cancer? and why are those medicines removed from the market?

so what's the bad news about lab mice losing their ability to fight cancer?
The breeding method caused this for over 70 years.

The lab mice have cancer, and yet being used to test drugs. The effects of the drugs don't show up on lab mice in short terms. Also, those semi-mutated mice, their bodies can withstand toxins. Unlike humans, so that's why they give those lab mice large doses of whatever drug on short terms to catch results of a drug. If the result is positive, the drug goes to next phase, marketing for human use.
imacub said:
why are those medicines removed from the market?
Vioxx for example was diagnosed to cause heart damage, but what if the diagnosis is false?

Unlike skin tissues, the heart's tissues have very low capacity of recovery and next to nothing. A single scratch and it won't heal.

other drugs causes other problems. Side effects. I recall once or twice in my life when I go to a pharmacy, looking for certain product medicine, the pharmacist tells me the the medicine I look for has been removed from the market under orders of Ministry of Health. The MOH in any country keeps on check on every drug distributed in markets if side-effects got caught.

The breeding method caused this for over 70 years.

The lab mice have cancer, and yet being used to test drugs. The effects of the drugs don't show up on lab mice in short terms. Also, those semi-mutated mice, their bodies can withstand toxins. Unlike humans, so that's why they give those lab mice large doses of whatever drug on short terms to catch results of a drug. If the result is positive, the drug goes to next phase, marketing for human use.

Vioxx for example was diagnosed to cause heart damage, but what if the diagnosis is false?

Unlike skin tissues, the heart's tissues have very low capacity of recovery and next to nothing. A single scratch and it won't heal.

other drugs causes other problems. Side effects. I recall once or twice in my life when I go to a pharmacy, looking for certain product medicine, the pharmacist tells me the the medicine I look for has been removed from the market under orders of Ministry of Health. The MOH in any country keeps on check on every drug distributed in markets if side-effects got caught.
that's really helpful, you explained it well to a person like me who has a grudge against biology, i was bad at it xD

Then again, thanks for the explanation
:amazing:

that's really helpful, you explained it well to a person like me who has a grudge against biology, i was bad at it xD

Then again, thanks for the explanation
:amazing:
There's more to this dark story.

When Bret asked someone for help on his hypothesis of lab mice telomeres, he asked the wrong person, he asked Carol Greider, the one who won the 2009 Nobel Prize for Physiology or Medicine, when he asked her when are they gonna publish the paper, her response was:

... "We will not publish the paper, we will keep the information in house."...

on her lecture for winning the Nobel Prize in 2009, she presented the lab mice telomeres as a happy accident, a happy discovery. While in reality it was an error of breeding method. Keep in mind that she rejected Bret's hypothesis in secret while in her lecture during the Nobel Prize awards, she agreed with the hypothesis without even mentioning Bret Weinstein.

It's been rumored that Carol Greider had a secret meeting with Jackson Laboratory committee after Bret's discover. One can assume that once the Jackson Laboratory figure out the error in their method of breeding lab mice, they will fix it, because the Jackson Laboratory is a business Laboratory. They sell mice all over the world.

It's all about money while humans life is on the line.

After everything Bret been through. Seeing how the science community work, he came to conclusion: "I look at my own medicine cabinet and even though I am aware of what likely happened, I am in no position to protect myself or my family. The only way to be protected from the downstream consequences of this error is to just not take pharmaceuticals."...

There's more to this dark story.

When Bret asked someone for help on his hypothesis of lab mice telomeres, he asked the wrong person, he asked Carol Greider, the one who won the 2009 Nobel Prize for Physiology or Medicine, when he asked her when are they gonna publish the paper, her response was:

... "We will not publish the paper, we will keep the information in house."...

on her lecture for winning the Nobel Prize in 2009, she presented the lab mice telomeres as a happy accident, a happy discovery. While in reality it was an error of breeding method. Keep in mind that she rejected Bret's hypothesis in secret while in her lecture during the Nobel Prize awards, she agreed with the hypothesis without even mentioning Bret Weinstein.

It's been rumored that Carol Greider had a secret meeting with Jackson Laboratory committee after Bret's discover. One can assume that once the Jackson Laboratory figure out the error in their method of breeding lab mice, they will fix it, because the Jackson Laboratory is a business Laboratory. They sell mice all over the world.

It's all about money while humans life is on the line.

After everything Bret been through. Seeing how the science community work, he came to conclusion: "I look at my own medicine cabinet and even though I am aware of what likely happened, I am in no position to protect myself or my family. The only way to be protected from the downstream consequences of this error is to just not take pharmaceuticals."...
damn, that's really hurting, so what's the follow-up now?

damn, that's really hurting, so what's the follow-up now?
Bret did everything he could to address the drugs safety use to public. Specifically to FDA (Food and Drug Administration). Even some journalists who were interested in the story came and asked Bret where can they search this topic, Bret gives journalists leads, and the journalists ask people involved on this issue and the journalists being told "it will be taken care of."... Well, what the hell does that mean it will be taken care of?

and what baffles Bret and anyone is that from the look of things on the outside, the FDA itself didn't address mice lab, telomeres, etc.

It's like Bret holding a big hammer, striking/slamming a giant bell and the bell makes no ring/sound. Even the media, news channels from the look of things on the outside doesn't talk about it.

Eric Weinstein, Bret's big brother asked on twitter for people like Carol Greider that she has the right to debunk, to make any statement, and to this day, she hasn't made any public statement.

Last edited: