Character Discussion the strawhats didn't deserve going merry

basically, they abandoned merry. poor thing ended up in a scrapyard and the moment iceburg walked by and touched her battered carcass, merry told him to please repair her - so that she could go save the shitty crew that abandoned her. like, this ship was just left there, desperately trying to communicate to someone - anyone - that she still has her last wish but no one cared, the only strawhat who had been able to hear her had been banished from the crew by the insufferable wanker who is the eternal rival of stairs-kun.

if i were merry - abandoned by my crew with the only person who stood up for me getting the boot - i know for sure my last wish wouldn't be to be repaired so that i could save these assholes one more time. she even thanks them after she's saved them (again)! even though they have done nothing that would warrant any gratitude whatsoever.

merry is a saint and these pieces of shit (minus usopp) didn't deserve her. i hope one day she gets justice. merry>sunny and zolo sucks.

Merry was literally a sheep. Sunny is a lion.

The carnivore will always win over the Herbivore.

Merry was too gentle and simple minded like most herbivores.

Sunny is a lion, a king, an apex predator of the animal and thus ship world.

Sunny is also a SUN lion, so everything revolves around him.

A leader needs a leader ship.

What do we call sheep? Blind

Conclusion, Oda did it well with the animal choices Enies Lobby was a turning point and Merry the childish less serious side of the crew. For her to die was them moving up from blind followers, and taking leadership more serious, and starting the journey of everything revolving around them.

Yes, Merry deserved better, plus they burned Merry while he was alive, cruel.
merry was in the middle of telling them how she wanted to sail with them longer and luffy just torched her bc tHe bOtToM oF tHe SeA iS dArK. then she kept telling them how she was always happy, apologized for things that weren't her fault at all and thanked them for 'caring' about her (even though they abandoned her).

it's called the battered wife syndrome
Post automatically merged:

there, ftfy

merry was the lamb of god

Is this a troll thread?
I refuse to believe that people misunderstood what happened with the merry.
It's a manga for children, I refuse to believe that adults capable of posting on internet lack the capacity of understanding such basic plots.
:whitepress:

I always saw the conflict between Luffy and Ussop to not be as one sided as the fandom makes it out to be, which is why it's hand's down the best internal conflict between the strawhats. One could make a strong case for both sides, I believe Odas decision to bring Merry back one last time to save the crew and have her speak was a way for him to give some vindication for Ussops trust in Merry. But her time had come and Ussop had to move on.

I always saw the conflict between Luffy and Ussop to not be as one sided as the fandom makes it out to be, which is why it's hand's down the best internal conflict between the strawhats. One could make a strong case for both sides, I believe Odas decision to bring Merry back one last time to save the crew and have her speak was a way for him to give some vindication for Ussops trust in Merry. But her time had come and Ussop had to move on.

thank you for posting.

i choose to support the side that maintains that luffy and his ignorant minions:
deserve to have going merry piss on them in the afterlife, once they get there.

they never earned her kindness and sacrifices

K!NG HARA$H!MA

Lower than trash
Merry was mid tier ship and it was beyond wrecked to continue sail with em. Only a nuisance and burden at that point.
So Luffy knows. He knows. It's Luffy mind you