Theory The Yuki Yuki no Mi

The Yuki Yuki no Mi. Can someone name a devil fruit more widely speculated about for a purpose OTHER than what it can do? For years I have seen theory after theory about how [Enter Character Here] will eat the fruit, and there is little surprise why. It's a Logia. It belonged to a popular character amongst some (@Tokiro Oumaga) and, more important, we 'saw' it's user die.

Everyone has commented on Nami's mikan tree and how it could have hosted the power. However, I think, after all these years, I have worked out what will happen with this elusive fruit.

Nothing.

That's right. I said it. The fruit's potential has already been shown to us through it's idealised user. Many have noted how DF powers often fit intrinsically with the personality of the user. But can we truly say that any of the 'fan favourite contenders' have a personality that is attuned to the harshness of the Yuki Yuki? Carrot? No. Vivi? No.

The fruit, like other powers, has had it's time to shine. It is never coming back, so let's not cope.

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
β€Ž
The Yuki Yuki no Mi. Can someone name a devil fruit more widely speculated about for a purpose OTHER than what it can do? For years I have seen theory after theory about how [Enter Character Here] will eat the fruit, and there is little surprise why. It's a Logia. It belonged to a popular character amongst some (@Tokiro Oumaga) and, more important, we 'saw' it's user die.

Everyone has commented on Nami's mikan tree and how it could have hosted the power. However, I think, after all these years, I have worked out what will happen with this elusive fruit.

Nothing.

That's right. I said it. The fruit's potential has already been shown to us through it's idealised user. Many have noted how DF powers often fit intrinsically with the personality of the user. But can we truly say that any of the 'fan favourite contenders' have a personality that is attuned to the harshness of the Yuki Yuki? Carrot? No. Vivi? No.

The fruit, like other powers, has had it's time to shine. It is never coming back, so let's not cope.
Not even a theory. It doesn't even suit her.
Ol' Conejo Blanco may be a happy fella for the most part but in times when she gets serious, especially with Sulong, it would fit her like a glove. The design with her sulong works really well with snow themed powers as well. Winter is always the first thing that comes to mind when I see it.

She has the mind for it, the innate physical abilities to utilize it at a higher level, and the potential to grow those abilities into something incredibly cool from a story and action standpoint.

Not to mention an IRL connection as there are species of rabbits who are known for living in snow-covered lands
:pepecafe:

Ol' Conejo Blanco may be a happy fella for the most part but in times when she gets serious, especially with Sulong, it would fit her like a glove. The design with her sulong works really well with snow themed powers as well. Winter is always the first thing that comes to mind when I see it.

She has the mind for it, the innate physical abilities to utilize it at a higher level, and the potential to grow those abilities into something incredibly cool from a story and action standpoint.

Not to mention an IRL connection as there are species of rabbits who are known for living in snow-covered lands
:pepecafe:
Choppers home already had snowrabbits. Was that forshadowing :0 lol

While I may not agree with the conclusion of the post, I do adore the spirit of it! Monet really is the best user for the Snow-Snow Fruit, beautiful but harsh, and while I was once on the Snow-Woman Carrot train, I can't possibly see anyone else taking it at this point. Frankly, it's one of the biggest reasons that I still hold out hope that she'll come back, because no one else has claimed it yet.

Most importantly, though, I just appreciate being recognized as the Monet guy. I didn't start the Monet theories, but I'm glad to know that I'm the biggest name associated with Monet these days. I think my most major competitor is probably that guy on twitter who exclusively draws self-insert art of his and Monet's long-term romantic relationship.

While I may not agree with the conclusion of the post, I do adore the spirit of it! Monet really is the best user for the Snow-Snow Fruit, beautiful but harsh, and while I was once on the Snow-Woman Carrot train, I can't possibly see anyone else taking it at this point. Frankly, it's one of the biggest reasons that I still hold out hope that she'll come back, because no one else has claimed it yet.

Most importantly, though, I just appreciate being recognized as the Monet guy. I didn't start the Monet theories, but I'm glad to know that I'm the biggest name associated with Monet these days. I think my most major competitor is probably that guy on twitter who exclusively draws self-insert art of his and Monet's long-term romantic relationship.
You, my guy, will always be Monet's number one fan. I remember your theories back on OroJackson, and I admired the dedication!

Monet was the ideal user of the Yuki Yuki. The issue with the Monet yet lives theory is that Oda, in my mind, used what happened to Monet as payoff for the previous pushing of "if Law takes your heart you're kinda fucked," train.

Regardless, I don't think anyone else would suit the Yuki Yuki. If someone did, then I will gladly take the L. Until then, I'm subtly cheering for you and Monet's reunion :rosismile:.

You, my guy, will always be Monet's number one fan. I remember your theories back on OroJackson, and I admired the dedication!

Monet was the ideal user of the Yuki Yuki. The issue with the Monet yet lives theory is that Oda, in my mind, used what happened to Monet as payoff for the previous pushing of "if Law takes your heart you're kinda fucked," train.

Regardless, I don't think anyone else would suit the Yuki Yuki. If someone did, then I will gladly take the L. Until then, I'm subtly cheering for you and Monet's reunion :rosismile:.
That's so sweet of you! It does my heart so good to hear that even if you don't agree with me that you support me! Thank you very much!

Likewise, if it turns out that I am wrong, I do plan to humbly concede. Hemming and hawing about how things should have been would just be petulant and would ruin the experience that Oda wants us to have, and I have no intention of letting my own expectations harm one of my favorite stories.

That's so sweet of you! It does my heart so good to hear that even if you don't agree with me that you support me! Thank you very much!

Likewise, if it turns out that I am wrong, I do plan to humbly concede. Hemming and hawing about how things should have been would just be petulant and would ruin the experience that Oda wants us to have, and I have no intention of letting my own expectations harm one of my favorite stories.
I think your strong convictions and dedication are admirable, I just don't agree with the conclusions. That's the beauty of theorycrafting imo!

I shall await eagerly. I for one would be happy if Monet returned!

Nothing.

Yeah you don't know what your talking about. Yuki Yuki no mi is definitely coming back into the story

just give it to paradise fodder tashigi
Post automatically merged:

still mad zoro didnt use the battle with monet as an opportunity to train tashigi

odas depicting of tashigi is just him shitting all over kuina and her dream

lmao