Questions & Mysteries Theme of One Piece and the climax

A running theme of one piece is Luffy going from island to island and restoring the rightful ruler by fighting against the evil ruler/usurper. Please note that Luffy himself never declares himself as the king or takes the control of the territory (except occasionally declaring islands to be under his protection)

The same theme will be played out at a much grander scale at the end of the story. The evil world government will need to be replaced. But the difference is, this time we don’t have a replacement candidate. Or do we?

I have heard people say Dragon/Sabo will establish new world order, or Joy Boy will time travel, or someone even said that a democracy will be established. But do any of these really fit the theme?

Dragon/Sabo are not the rightful heirs to ancient kingdom and in the story the kingdoms are always returned to whoever is supposed rightful king candidate. Concept of democracy does not really exist in one piece and I don’t think Oda will ever go that route.
Now the idea of a certain Joy Boy coming back from ancient times is a little odd. It is more forced than the Kaguya introduction in Naruto. Also, we don’t even know if Joy Boy was really the ruler of ancient kingdom.

Therefore, I submit to you that we have already been introduced to the rightful heir of the ancient kingdom in the present timeline. He/she may or may not be a reincarnation of Joy Boy. It is possible that the ideas of Joy Boy and the heir to ancient kingdom are completely separate. However, whoever that heir is has to be prominent character in one piece. Maybe a strawhat or maybe not, but still important. Also, it is not Luffy, because Luffy is always the kingmaker and not the king himself.

Any ideas who this heir to ancient kingdom might be?

I do have a perfect candidate in my head but I will leave it here.

Vivi will lead, with Sabo and other revos, the good rulers like Riku, Neptune/Fukaboshi, Elizabello, Dalton, Momo, etc and the good Marines like Coby, Smoker, Drake woking to make a new good WG.

Luffy character just dont fit the ruler, he is too free for it.

and Dragon probably will die in the final War, his character is exactally the type that give his life for the revolution.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
Luffy is probably Nika, the man to free the populations from the oppression of the World Government as well as bestowing hope to the Pirate Era sphere.

He is probably a descendant of Joy Boy if Joy Boy stood as the first D. in particular, Luffy is a sworn enemy of the Gods, perhaps these Gods have directly to do with Im sama.

I would pay to acknowledge what happened with the Ancient Kingdom during the Void Century and how the Current Government structure was established. Which specific events triggered its formation and why such focus on the D.

I think that the WG will continue to exist but in a cleansened and less corrupt version, just like we're building up similar themes with the Marines, e.g. Koby and Smoker, who might take over that side in the end.

WG-wise I think that Imu and the five elders will fall and replaced by either the Revolutionaries being in charge of different seas as they already are and know the different islands and rulers of their seas best. I don't think Dragon or Sabo will be the ultimate ruler though but it will much more be like a parliament that will work together strongly with the members of the Reverie.

The tenryuubito will be history and there might be a new place chosen as HQ for the WG, something closer to the people, something that is reachable for the common folk, instead of being up in clouds it will be down on earth, visible for others. Less secretive. More transparency.

Vivi will lead, with Sabo and other revos, the good rulers like Riku, Neptune/Fukaboshi, Elizabello, Dalton, Momo, etc and the good Marines like Coby, Smoker, Drake woking to make a new good WG.

Luffy character just dont fit the ruler, he is too free for it.

and Dragon probably will die in the final War, his character is exactally the type that give his life for the revolution.
Sounds good to me. Except I have this feeling that there really is a descendant of ancient kingdom's royalty "among us." And that's what the story is buidling toward.
Post automatically merged:

Sounds good to me. Except I have this feeling that there really is a descendant of ancient kingdom's royalty "among us." And that's what the story is buidling toward. Vivi actually comes from a family that worked with the WG to destroy ancient kingdom. Though later they did not join celestial dragons.

Imu would have a change of heart
And what would that look like? Naruto vs Pain?

the only other person whos age fits this prophecy is Usopp
Yes, he fits well more than most other candidates...but I also have someone else in mind that fits better.

Luffy is probably Nika, the man to free the populations from the oppression of the World Government as well as bestowing hope to the Pirate Era sphere.

He is probably a descendant of Joy Boy if Joy Boy stood as the first D. in particular, Luffy is a sworn enemy of the Gods, perhaps these Gods have directly to do with Im sama.

I would pay to acknowledge what happened with the Ancient Kingdom during the Void Century and how the Current Government structure was established. Which specific events triggered its formation and why such focus on the D.
:cheers:

:cheers:

Who knows, Oda refuses to even mention it after 25 years and 1000+ chapters. Why did he keep "laugh tale" a secret for 25 years even though it provides very little to anything to the story? Maybe because it is most likely something extremely "lame" just like "laugh tale" and keeping it a mystery will make it still have its "lore".

Who knows, Oda refuses to even mention it after 25 years and 1000+ chapters. Why did he keep "laugh tale" a secret for 25 years even though it provides very little to anything to the story? Maybe because it is most likely something extremely "lame" and keeping it a mystery will make it still have its "lore" just like 'laugh tale".
He is slowly building toward it. He had a plan for end from the very beginning but he keeps adding new plots and characters in between, so it keeps getting delayed. Also, dont these secrets keep us intrigued? I would have stopped reading one piece long back if I knew most of these answers and knew that only fights and powerups are left in the story.

He is slowly building toward it. He had a plan for end from the very beginning but he keeps adding new plots and characters in between, so it keeps getting delayed. Also, dont these secrets keep us intrigued? I would have stopped reading one piece long back if I knew most of these answers and knew that only fights and powerups are left in the story.
yes, mysteries are suppose to keep you "intrigued" however Oda knows that and he is using that psychological human trait to his advantage in order to extend the series as long as possible which is what I hate about Oda's "mysteries". He is using mysteries in bad faith because he knows his readers are invested in the secrets which is why he never reveals anything. After 25 years and over 1000+ chapters, you would assume some of the mysteries would have at least be given some context/info but nope.

There was absolutely no reason for him to have "laugh tale" a mystery for 25 years. The "laughing" could have easily been introduced in Rayleigh's flashback in Sabody and it would have had the exact same effect now. Also, Oda continues to add more and more "mysteries" to the story just like the "nikka" plot line. Why does he continue to add more mysteries to the story even when none of his previous mysteries are resolved?

Imu would have a change of heart
Aside from being the strongest existence, Imu is also the most beautiful girl in existence of OP's universe, terrestrial or extra etc, and she's actually do all this to make Luffy interested in her since she also like meat like Luffy does, viewing Luffy as the one and only candidate to be her husband.

So in the end they have sex plays and thats it for OP.

Aside from being the strongest existence, Imu is also the most beautiful girl in existence of OP's universe, terrestrial or extra etc, and she's actually do all this to make Luffy interested in her since she also like meat like Luffy does, viewing Luffy as the one and only candidate to be her husband.

So in the end they have sex plays and thats it for OP.
:steef::funky: