Character Discussion There's something I don't understand about the Gorosei and the Holy Knights.

Hello everyone

I have a question regarding something that I find inconsistent if I may say so.

How is it that the Gorosei (a group of powerful warriors who are ready to fight and put their lives on the line) can be linked to the Tenryubito?

There's also a good chance that the Holy Knights are also descendants of the Tenryubito.

The problem is that I don't understand (given the upbringing the Tenryubito give their children) how this is possible.
The Tenryubito are cowards who teach their children to flee and let others sacrifice themselves for them.
They are completely out of touch with reality.

And above all, they're too arrogant to stoop to becoming simple warriors.

But the Gorosei and the Holy Knights have nothing to do with them. Both in terms of mentality and education....
What do you think? To me, it's extremely curious...

A lot of theories suppose the gorosei are actually from 800 years ago (and have the immortal operation if the ope ope or something that keeps them alive) so they basically are Im most loyal servants since when he gained power with just hundreds of years of experience in governing the world government (and probably they get even stronger since that times).

Another theory is that Im is an alien from the moon or the likes and they are simply his servants, alien too, so totally unrelated to the celestial dragons.

Either way I agree that keeping the dead weights known as CD makes little sense... If we don't count they are specifically made to piss the reader.

We will see about the holy knights but since they are a secret ultimate force related to Im it can be expected they have origins similar to the gorosei or at the very least are not raised like the CD. Maybe the most skillfull and promising CD (maybe they check coc and haki potential in general at birth?) are raised to become holy knights, or they could have been made in a lab like the seraphims.. let's wait.

A lot of theories suppose the gorosei are actually from 800 years ago (and have the immortal operation if the ope ope or something that keeps them alive) so they basically are Im most loyal servants since when he gained power with just hundreds of years of experience in governing the world government (and probably they get even stronger since that times).

Another theory is that Im is an alien from the moon or the likes and they are simply his servants, alien too, so totally unrelated to the celestial dragons.

Either way I agree that keeping the dead weights known as CD makes little sense... If we don't count they are specifically made to piss the reader.

We will see about the holy knights but since they are a secret ultimate force related to Im it can be expected they have origins similar to the gorosei or at the very least are not raised like the CD. Maybe the most skillfull and promising CD (maybe they check coc and haki potential in general at birth?) are raised to become holy knights, or they could have been made in a lab like the seraphims.. let's wait.
Thanks for your reply!
Honestly, no, the Celestial Dragons are of no interest to Gorosei and Imu. They're costing them a lot of money and tarnishing the people's trust in the world government. Imu may be immortal and believe himself to be all-powerful, but I'd like to think that he, like the Gorosei, has a tiny bit of lucidity when it comes to managing his empire.

The Celestial Dragons are a real liability. Maybe they're just for show, but in terms of inspired stability, they're not great 😅

In any case, maybe the Gorosei didn't come from the Tenryubito like the Holy Knights.
I really hope Oda will be careful about explaining their origins.

The Tenryubito are cowards who teach their children to flee and let others sacrifice themselves for them.
It's the equivalent of judging people from Goa Kingdom, based on Stelly and co... even though you have Dragon/Garp/Sabo/Ace/etc all from there.

We have seen a handful of Celestial Dragons, you're using that to judge tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of CD.

It's the equivalent of judging people from Goa Kingdom, based on Stelly and co... even though you have Dragon/Garp/Sabo/Ace/etc all from there.

We have seen a handful of Celestial Dragons, you're using that to judge tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of CD.

I understand the comparison - you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, as they say.

That said, I think you'll agree that Luffy and Ace (and Sabo too, to a lesser extent) don't come from the same environment as Stelly.
They didn't have the same upbringing, the same way of life, the same social status.

Still, it's a bit different from Marijoa, where the Celestial Dragons live in the same environment, with the same social status etc...

I understand the comparison - you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, as they say.

That said, I think you'll agree that Luffy and Ace (and Sabo too, to a lesser extent) don't come from the same environment as Stelly.
They didn't have the same upbringing, the same way of life, the same social status.

Still, it's a bit different from Marijoa, where the Celestial Dragons live in the same environment, with the same social status etc...
We have 0 idea about actual lives of the CD at Mariejois. Hence my point you're judging a group of tens of thousands based on about 10 or so people we've seen.

What we have seen is handful of CD who're into slavery. That's literally about it. Outside of that have 0 idea about the CD and how they behave overall, type of society there is in Mariejois, do they have combat academies? what's their social structure? etc etc.

They're descendants of people who overthrew the Ancient Kingdom, they understand that POWER runs the world. Power keeps their underlings in check. Power keeps them at the top. Do you believe those individuals would not be investing into making sure to maintain power like their ancestors?

I think Holy Knights are random selected members with high fighting potential from Celestial Dragon families.

Gorosei are most likely former Holy Knights that got promoted through vast knowledge of politics and mastery of fighting skills. Perhaps their DF abilities are awakened hence they got promoted.

Holy Knights could be kids trained at birth and the ones with good fighting performances gets selected to be Holy Knight.

Every group has a warrior class, tenryuubito are the useless ones while holy knights are the fighters.

Much like in middle age, kings and their famílies were weak and useless while True strength lied on their holy knights underlings.

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
Yes, I’m not a fan of Celestial Dragons becoming strong through training.

Every other character, including freaks like Kaido and Big Mom, went out to sea and actually fought other people to rise where they were. We know the Celestial Dragon’s don’t do this, they rely on Admirals when they are wronged. So who are they fighting to become strong?

God’s Valley was one incident 40 years ago, don’t think it answers all questions.

Yes, I’m not a fan of Celestial Dragons becoming strong through training.

Every other character, including freaks like Kaido and Big Mom, went out to sea and actually fought other people to rise where they were. We know the Celestial Dragon’s don’t do this, they rely on Admirals when they are wronged. So who are they fighting to become strong?

God’s Valley was one incident 40 years ago, don’t think it answers all questions.
Lol they obviously go out and fight. All Celestial aren't cowards