Character Discussion There's something I don't understand about the Gorosei and the Holy Knights.

Yes, I’m not a fan of Celestial Dragons becoming strong through training.

Every other character, including freaks like Kaido and Big Mom, went out to sea and actually fought other people to rise where they were. We know the Celestial Dragon’s don’t do this, they rely on Admirals when they are wronged. So who are they fighting to become strong?

God’s Valley was one incident 40 years ago, don’t think it answers all questions.
Genetic freaks. Oden was already freaking powerful before leaving Wano

And who are they fighting? The RA are the only ones who actually try and fight the world. Has it been forty odd years of Dragon, Kuma and Ivankov vs the Holy Knights?

And if they are this strong, why bother with having Admirals?
Bro you sound stupid. One piece are fill with different islands. They can be sent to islands who don't pay or don't wanna be under Celestial rule.

Did you just ask me why they have to Marines? Lmao 😂 to have more strength abd man power.

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
Genetic freaks. Oden was already freaking powerful before leaving Wano
But even Oden was much stronger after his travels

So are these guys doing the same, or are they stuck at pre-adventure Oden level? Strong, but not amazingly so.

Oden also at least had fights with Ashura and the likes to get him toughened up, I’m just not seeing where from the life of luxury really top notch fighters are arising.

And who are they fighting? The RA are the only ones who actually try and fight the world. Has it been forty odd years of Dragon, Kuma and Ivankov vs the Holy Knights?

And if they are this strong, why bother with having Admirals?
I think it was mentioned that they often go to collect tribute from nations. So they likely fight pirates or nation armies

Yes, I’m not a fan of Celestial Dragons becoming strong through training.

Every other character, including freaks like Kaido and Big Mom, went out to sea and actually fought other people to rise where they were. We know the Celestial Dragon’s don’t do this, they rely on Admirals when they are wronged. So who are they fighting to become strong?

God’s Valley was one incident 40 years ago, don’t think it answers all questions.
I assume they fight countries that are against the world government or pirates or other criminals

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
I think it was mentioned that they often go to collect tribute from nations. So they likely fight pirates or nation armies
Doflamingo got onto the Warlords by attacking the tribute ships (I don’t think the Holy Knights were said to man them but I might be wrong) and he was laughing that they didn’t have a clue how to deal with someone who doesn’t actually fear Celestial Dragons.

Which again, isn’t making me think there was anyone else actually bothering to do much resisting. It all seemed before now to be based on reputation, mostly of the Admirals.
Post automatically merged:

I assume they fight countries that are against the world government or pirates or other criminals
But isn’t that the Marines jobs?

Like, the whole “hit a Celestial Dragon, get an Admiral sent.”

If there is a crack force of extremely strong Celestial Dragons, who are going out into the world fighting revolutionaries and the likes, why aren’t they the ones who everyone is terrified of? Hit Charloss and his cousin the Holy Knight will destroy a village. Why weren’t they at Marineford, which was for the purpose of killing Roger’s son (a D) and an old Rocks Pirate (Whitebeard).

I don’t think this reveal works well with the world that has been established so far. We should have heard of them well before we did if they go into the world beyond Marijois, and if they don’t go into the world beyond Marijois they shouldn’t be that strong.

Admittedly- we don’t know how strong they actually are yet, so this could all be moot

Last edited:
But even Oden was much stronger after his travels

So are these guys doing the same, or are they stuck at pre-adventure Oden level? Strong, but not amazingly so.

Oden also at least had fights with Ashura and the likes to get him toughened up, I’m just not seeing where from the life of luxury really top notch fighters are arising.
They are powerful, but the thing about them being god tiers is just the headcanon of fans who think One Piece is headed toward Naruto/DBZ type endgame power creep. As of now it’s mostly baseless.