Chapter Discussion This chapter proved Shanks is not a "true" swordsman

You are being disrespectful, I took my time to explain to you what the epithet means. I love Shanks, I prefer him over Mihawk and I've myself put Shanks over Mihawk in the past. However, you have to be objective here and there is no room for emotions. If you don't want to listen and respond, that's your choice.

Did you read anything I said? It seems to me as if you just read what you wanted to read.

I won't emphasize this enough, WSS = world's strongest swordsman = the strongest among all swordsmen. Mihawk and Shanks are swordsmen which makes Mihawk > Shanks. They are rivals so it's more Mihawk >= Shanks.

I understood your point of view. I know what you are trying to say. I myself said that in the past. I know what you are saying. You are literally saying that you can be a swordsman and still defeat the WSS if you have a stronger haki. However, this argument is fallacious. I've myself used it. The problem is that WSS means "the strongest among all swordsmen", not the "sword user who cuts the best". If you can't understand or accept this, there is nothing I can do.

If you don't want to listen and you want to keep defending your opinion that's on you. I tried my best to reason with you.
We don't. No one said that. Did you read even a single line of his post?

Being strongest of any group simply means being stronger than anyone else in that group. It has nothing to do with a specific thing. You just beat the shit out of anyone else in 1 vs 1. That's what Zoro describes it as. That's what Oda paints it as in Vivre Card.

Why would being a stronger "bamboo user" give Vergo an advantage over Smoker's logia property? Did you even read the CONTEXT of what he said?

"Turning into smoke cloud is pointless against someone with stronger haki! It will only make you a bigger target!"

Because haki is a critical factor that is main reason why anyone is strong of any fighting type.

Same as why Kaido thinks of CoC first thing instead of sword skills when Zoro cuts him using 9 sword style:

Haki matters more than skills for any style.
What? I'm not being disrespectful, you're the one quoting me on multiple posts, i can't respond to all of them.

I respond to each of your intepretation of WSS by mentioning Kaidou's words each time. Kaidou stated that Roger is the peak, while Roger was not WSS.

If your interpretation is right (WSS = the one winning against any swordsman), then Roger should have been WSS, which is directly contradicted by Kaidou's statement. Since Kaidou mentioned about Roger's peak haki, while Kaidou and the whole world mentioned zero, nothing about Roger being WSS.

Meaning, Roger who is a swordsman, reach the peak, has the peak haki, while someone else was WSS at that time. From Roger's situation (being a swordsman who reach the peak while not being WSS), your interpretation contradicts what actually happened.

You keep asking me whether i read your posts, well i did. But if you quote me in multiple posts, i cant respond to them all.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
What? I'm not being disrespectful, you're the one quoting me on multiple posts, i can't respond to all of them.

I respond to each of your intepretation of WSS by mentioning Kaidou's words each time. Kaidou stated that Roger is the peak, while Roger was not WSS.

If your interpretation is right (WSS = the one winning against any swordsman), then Roger should have been WSS, which is directly contradicted by Kaidou's statement. Since Kaidou mentioned about Roger's peak haki, while Kaidou and the whole world mentioned zero, nothing about Roger being WSS.

Meaning, Roger who is a swordsman, reach the peak, has the peak haki, while someone else was WSS at that time. From Roger's situation (being a swordsman who reach the peak while not being WSS), your interpretation contradicts what actually happened.

You keep asking me whether i read your posts, well i did. But if you quote me in multiple posts, i cant respond to theBlm all.

Blud Roger didn't do shit but beg wb for his crewmember and have everything fall into his lap without beating anyone on the way to raftel

You keep asking me whether i read your posts, well i did. But if you quote me in multiple posts, i cant respond to them all.
How do you know Roger was not WSS? Did you read something I didn't read? Why people bring this as an argument? You are just using the lack of evidence as evidence, like?? Use a panel I don't know.

Roger may as well have been the WSS and never been called that because he had another epithet like pirate king. Maybe his most important epithet prevailed. Same reason he was called a yonko before becoming the pirate king and you don't call the pirate king a "yonko" (bad example but you get my point).

Kaido was the strongest creature but if he was a swordsmaster and not use a club, would he also be called WSS or just world's strongest pirate?

Also, to be the pirate king, you need to seek freedom and inherit JoyBoy/Roger's will of freedom, it's not about becoming WSS. Your whole example is fallacious.

Shanks became a yonko and made friends and influenced people to become pirates.

Mihawk sought to become the greatest swordsman and reached his ambition but he is alone.

Mihawk is stronger than Shanks but Shanks has other things that make him greater than Mihawk.

They are both good in their respective things and they are the perfect rivals.

How do you know Roger was not WSS? Did you read something I didn't read? Why people bring this as an argument? You are just using the lack of evidence as evidence, like?? Use a panel I don't know.

Roger may as well have been the WSS and never been called that because he had another epithet like pirate king. Maybe his most important epithet prevailed. Same reason he was called a yonko before becoming the pirate king and you don't the pirate king a "yonko" (bad example but you get my point).

Kaido was the strongest creature but if he was a swordsmaster and not use a club, would he also be called WSS or just world's strongest pirate?

"How do you know Roger was not WSS" well zero people in the entire manga calling him WSS and Kaidou recognizing his haki and even dismissing him as a swordsman, thats how. If you are forcing your own interpretation that WSS defeats any swordsman, Kaidou's statement about Roger as the peak hakiman but not even mentioning him as WSS is one of the simplest stuff i can give to you as a response of your assumption that WSS defeats any swordsman and having the strongest haki.

You having zero evidence about Roger is WSS dont stop you from supporting your assumption about WSS = strongest haki, why should i take your interpretation as fact when Kaidou himself said Roger is haki representation but not mentioning anything about him being WSS?

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
"How do you know Roger was not WSS" well zero people in the entire manga calling him WSS and Kaidou recognizing his haki and even dismissing him as a swordsman, thats how. If you are forcing your own interpretation that WSS defeats any swordsman, Kaidou's statement about Roger as the peak hakiman but not even mentioning him as WSS is one of the simplest stuff i can give to you as a response of your assumption that WSS defeats any swordsman and having the strongest haki.
Will zoro beat mihawk because of stronger haki or not ?

I completed my message, I invite you to reread it
Post automatically merged:

I understood your argument, I understand everything you say. However, you are using the lack of something as evidence, this is fallacious per se.

I completed my message, I invite you to reread it
Post automatically merged:

I understood your argument, I understand everything you say. However, you are using the lack of something as evidence, this is fallacious per se.
Yeah well i also edit my message, but nothing Kaidou said about Roger is about joy/freedom / PK fame or greatness, its about reaching the peak of powerlevel due to haki, while you cant prove that Roger is WSS, your interpretation of WSS is no more than assumption.

While that lack of statement about Roger not being WSS to the whole world while being the peak of powerlevel, already support my points about a weaker swordsman being able to have stronger haki. There are other points such as Kaidou's recognition of 5 shadows while leaving out Mihawk, or stuff people mentioned about how Mihawk excels/stronger in swordskill / swordsmanship specifically compared to Shanks, instead of outright stating Mihawk as stronger.

If your interpretation is right (WSS = the one winning against any swordsman), then Roger should have been WSS
Yeah, he was.

Kaido has no need to mention it. His words already put Roger at peak in general anyway.

It doesn't matter who you compare him to. Swordsmen. Marksmen. Brawlers. Roger's prowess were simply the peak, only one being comparable Whitebeard (who IS referred to as WSM btw). Roger is considered widely to be strongest pirate to liver live, equal to World's Strongest MAN in general. Why the fuck do we care for his sub-categories like WSS?

Your logic is same as trying to say, "Why is Mihawk stated to be WSS instead of World's Strongest Long Sword using swordsman. Does that mean Mihawk is WSS while someone else is World's Strongest Long Sword using swordsman?"

No dude. He's both. The former is just far more important and relevant than the latter. Why the fuck would anyone talk about him being strongest long sword user when he's just strongest swordsman of all types in general?

And it's not OUR logic that WSS = one who wins vs any other swordsman. It is ZORO'S and ODA'S. We're just quoting them.

It's not me saying EoS Zoro will surpass Shanks, it is literally Vivre Card.

What do you want Kaido to mention anyway? He's simply talking about how Haki is the most important power, which it is. It is most important to everyone. To marksmen, to brawlers, to swordsmen. So what's the catch there?

Last edited:

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
I remember how Zoro told picca that if his haki lvl is not high enough he'll be defeated, this completely unifies Haki and swordsmanship.

To be able to cut everything you need the proper Haki.

Answers are so easy to find people are just in denial.
the only flashback of mihawk teaching zoro: ''You need to learn haki bruh'' :kobeha:

This thread shows just how depleted the Mihawk fandom is, they actually feel the need to feed this bait for 20 pages lmao.

Shanks feats have them shook, they managed to limp along for years after Mihawk's pathetic Marineford showings but it's clearly reached it's limit, if Mihawk doesn't do something incredible soon...rip.
You are also cheap baiter don't be jealous someone else managed to do it more successfully :risiup:

Man.

All these years, waiting on Shanks to show his hakimanship, his kickboxing, his tap dancing, his dragon breath.

And the first ever serious, rage-induced named attack from Shanks is.....a sword slash! :luffylaugh::luffylaugh::luffylaugh::luffylaugh::luffylaugh::luffylaugh:

Then these baboons have the nerve to say this chapter "proves" anything other than what we've been saying for decades. Even more astounding is how some mfs are trying to convince themselves that it's US who are somehow coping and crumbling about this. :rolaugh: