Current Events This is becoming too bullshit writing at this point

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
It was already bad when luffy was related and friend to all big names out there, roger-ace, garp-dragon, shanks and his crew, rayleigh. now he is the new roger, the new garp, the new joyboy, the new NIKA, THe new shanks, the destiny chosen one that even roger was too early and could only happen during luffy's time. oda's level of writing became bleach level. even Im has a straw hat in his vault rofl, oh yeah and his trash fruit became super important too.
Feel free to drop OP; There is no point in following a series that you don't enjoy.:hapnoel:

You're pretty dumb, ngl. Typical Shonen fan level of IQ. I said One Piece being a Shonen instead of a Seinen is wasted potential and makes the whole work not even near "goated", especially not due to the awfully poor post ts writing. I said it would be way better if it was a Seinen with someone who aint a little brat with a negative IQ and ADHD. Straw Brain Luffy, looks like his fans are not better than him.
I think post ts OP should have been some sort of shonen/seinen hybrid, following the same formula for 1200+ chapters doesn't work very well. I think Oda either should have focused on Warlords as antagonist group or Yonko since the beginning choose one or the other (or shorten their numbers), at this point we are just going through similar formulas, even Wano an arc Oda and his editors hyped since thriller bark the pay off doesn't seem that huge compared to other major arcs.

Oda and his editors are good to build hype, but all that hype failing to deliver it due to the stakes being a major factor.

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

One Piece is great, no doubt. But Oda has no definite plan when to end it. You should expect an ending that will not please all of the fans.
I always say Oda is not a conclusive writer. No matter how much hate I got for it, I still stand by this statement. And I am being proven right as Oda keep on publishing chapter after chapter without adding anything significant to the story.

otherwise people won't discuss it on weekly basis....
Yep, straw brain like your idol. You do realize that people dont discuss it "because" it is a Shonen and "because" Luffy is the MC? Luffy is pretty much the most one dimensional and boring MC Oda could've written lol. One Piece gets discussed so much for its goated world building and cast. For children like you its obviously good as it is, but I'm sure most mature adults agree that One Piece as a real Seinen (more deepness/philosophy, more brutal warfare/fights, much less unfunny jokes and chilish moments,...) would be way better than it is now - same for a real badass well written and deep MC like for example Dragon. It would be discussed more and enjoyed more.

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

One Piece is great, no doubt. But Oda has no definite plan when to end it. You should expect an ending that will not please all of the fans.
I always say Oda is not a conclusive writer. No matter how much hate I got for it, I still stand by this statement. And I am being proven right as Oda keep on publishing chapter after chapter without adding anything significant to the story.
He’s about to be the George RR Martin of Shounen at this rate.

You're pretty dumb, ngl. Typical Shonen fan level of IQ. I said One Piece being a Shonen instead of a Seinen is wasted potential and makes the whole work not even near "goated", especially not due to the awfully poor post ts writing. I said it would be way better if it was a Seinen with someone who aint a little brat with a negative IQ and ADHD. Straw Brain Luffy, looks like his fans are not better than him.
One Piece's essence is how wholesome you're supposed to feel when you look at Luffy being like a kid with a huge smile on his face or the Pirate King laughing at the biggest mystery of the series. This is a series about a main character who dresses like a little kid, a legend of piracy whose spirit animal is the happiest critter in Earth, a final island called Laugh Tale and a trascendental figure of a Joy Boy.

How can you even state that this series "as a Seinen with Dragon as the MC, it would be goated" even though the most fundamental parts of this, the core itself of the story, is all about heart-warming smiles, cartoonish aesthetics and a whole main plot related to joy. Dragon would fit so, so, so little with virtually everything in this series I can't help but read you as "I just don't want One Piece's fundamentals".

Just forget about this story because you aren't getting the basics, or you're getting them but you don't want them; anyways, this isn't for you. One Piece can't exist without Luffy, it's impossible, and it can't work as a seinen without wasting itself.

I mean, why are people so surprised?

Luffy has always been "the chosen one".

OP is a standard shonen after all.

One Piece's essence is how wholesome you're supposed to feel when you look at Luffy being like a kid with a huge smile on his face or the Pirate King laughing at the biggest mystery of the series. This is a series about a main character who dresses like a little kid, a legend of piracy whose spirit animal is the happiest critter in Earth, a final island called Laugh Tale and a trascendental figure of a Joy Boy.

How can you even state that this series "as a Seinen with Dragon as the MC, it would be goated" even though the most fundamental parts of this, the core itself of the story, is all about heart-warming smiles, cartoonish aesthetics and a whole main plot related to joy. Dragon would fit so, so, so little with virtually everything in this series I can't help but read you as "I just don't want One Piece's fundamentals".

Just forget about this story because you aren't getting the basics, or you're getting them but you don't want them; anyways, this isn't for you. One Piece can't exist without Luffy, it's impossible, and it can't work as a seinen without wasting itself.
Admiral has a point.

OP as a shonen really works less and less well, the more Oda tries to get "serious" and add "grown-up themes" without changing his writing approach.

I mean come on. Impel Down and Marineford alone was kind of a joke, if you look at the actual consequences of such a massive war. The only consequence was Ace and WB dying and both did so, because the plot demanded it.

If you want it to work well as a shonen, just leave the dark themes aside. Once you add them, but don't change your way of child-friendly writing, especially the lack of consequences etc., it becomes less believable.

Last edited:
Impel Down and Marineford alone was kind of a joke, if you look at the actual consequences of such a massive war. The only consequence was Ace and WB dying and both did so, because the plot demanded it.
Doesn't matter...people enjoyed these arcs...when arc is done well, people enjoy irrespective of not having so called "consequences" just cause......

Well I'm not gay. I dont care about the wanna be "wholesome" cringe stuff you said that Luffy embodies. I love the world building and the cast of One Piece - more the political and warfare side of it. So for me it would be undoubtedly better if Dragon, a badass mature character with much deepness and big ambitions (and certainly not childish ones), would be the MC of the story, and One Piece as a whole more focused on the ploitical and warfare part. Basically if the core of the story was similar to Kingdom in a sense of story telling and story building.

I know that most of the current One Piece fans love One Piece because it is a Shonen and because it is so childish with such a neg IQ and childish Straw Brain MC. The majority of current One Piece fans are either children or childish, escpially those who dont criticise the whole post TS story writing or Luffy as the MC. Its a typical Shonen which means it targets espcially those parts of the Anime fandom. Doesent change the fact that for me One Piece would be much better and potentially goated if it was like I described.

Luffy is a mary sue, plain and simple.

He literally has zero flaws and the deck is so stacked in his favor that it is literally impossible for me as a reader to suspend my disbelief that Luffy could even possibly lose.
Post automatically merged:

This is honestly why I like Eustass Kid more and why I am much more hyped for Kid and Law vs Big Mom than I am for Luffy vs Kaido.
Post automatically merged:

Honestly, I wish Oda would do something interesting with Luffy's character. Anything. I know a lot of people are against ships, but I feel like at this point, Luffy having a love interest would make his character far more interesting(Yeah I know he's asexual; asexual people can still have relationships).

At this point, we are just watching Luffy jump from level to level until he becomes the most powerful being in his verse. Its boring and makes Luffy unlikeable.

It was already bad when luffy was related and friend to all big names out there, roger-ace, garp-dragon, shanks and his crew, rayleigh. now he is the new roger, the new garp, the new joyboy, the new NIKA, THe new shanks, the destiny chosen one that even roger was too early and could only happen during luffy's time. oda's level of writing became bleach level. even Im has a straw hat in his vault rofl, oh yeah and his trash fruit became super important too.
Roger couldnt fulfill the destiny/or be chosen one because Poseidon was not born during his time...Shirahoshi was born after Roger's death :goyea:

Washing your hand before typing about Bleach. Bleach has much better background to support Ichigo parallels than Luffy getting all those parallels without any minimal sign of foreshadow.

I disagree when people say Luffy's DF is trash. At beginning it was very OP since he is not getting hurt by punches and not killed by bullets. He could even send back cannon balls. Gomu Gomu no Mi is the Paramecia closest to Logia's untouchability and Buggy's DF is similar but with blades.

I mean come on. Impel Down and Marineford alone was kind of a joke, if you look at the actual consequences of such a massive war. The only consequence was Ace and WB dying and both did so, because the plot demanded it.
Are you kidding me the consequences of these two arcs and the death of WB was the rise of Black Beard and his plan to find the one piece and become the pirate king finding and his end goal of his plan most likely is to destory any kind of law and order the destruction of the WG and revolutionary army, so the consequences of these two arcs is if BB doesnt fail the world become a world of chaos.