Current Events Thoughts on Egghead as a whole

The other gorosei shouldn’t have come here. Let VP speech run its course with only Saturn jobbing around or make Kizaru vs Luffy the finale. Oda wasted the emotional crescendo he got from Kuma’s FB and him punching Saturn. After that, it was all filler shit happening. As a whole, it’s still the best arc post-ts even though Oda fumbled the bag that hard.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
Great arc overall.

Abysmall pacing at the climax moment. That's a thing with the entire post-TS. there are simply too many "time bombs" being stacked.
Kizaru was main baddie. Then shifts to Saturn. Then shifts to 5 Gorosei, but 5 Gorosei are kinda poopoo outside of their regen hack.
Vegapunk's message is like the spoon killer. Extremely slow and inefficient pacing.
Break weeks/months exponentially increases the frustration this bad pacing has in the story.
Nika glazing or whatever you guys call means very little to me. If you go back and re-read the entire story, Luffy's been at the center of the spotlight since day 1. I might not like the "parallel" Nika=Joyboy=Luffy stuff very much, but that's more like a subjective preference. Kuma's backstory was cool. A bit cheesy, imo, but cool. Bonney is very bland as an "arc's supernova", but could be worse like Hawkins, Kid or Drake's participations.

"Pacing" is, by far, the biggest offender. Pacing not only from the chapters during the climax themselves, but added to the egregious amount of break weeks. There are chapters where you legit feel nothing happened at all. Characters move from point A to point B in one chapter, only to go back to point A in the next. Onigashima had a lot of this as well.

BUt reading the chapter in one go, this issue practically goes away, then it becomes a quite good arc.

Way wayyyyy over stretched than it needed to be, if you cut the trash fillers it's a good arc.

The side plots carry it though.

The eternal VG speech and Gorosei back and forth is absolutely trash to read weekly.

I suppose that reading it in one go make the arc better

Good arc with mid ending

the good:

The Kuma flashback was amazing
The side plots were great
The reverie flashback lived up to expectations

the bad:
6 Vegapunk’s was unnecessary
The traitor plot was unnecessary
The ending stalled a bit

Great arc overall.

Abysmall pacing at the climax moment. That's a thing with the entire post-TS. there are simply too many "time bombs" being stacked.
Kizaru was main baddie. Then shifts to Saturn. Then shifts to 5 Gorosei, but 5 Gorosei are kinda poopoo outside of their regen hack.
Vegapunk's message is like the spoon killer. Extremely slow and inefficient pacing.
Break weeks/months exponentially increases the frustration this bad pacing has in the story.
Nika glazing or whatever you guys call means very little to me. If you go back and re-read the entire story, Luffy's been at the center of the spotlight since day 1. I might not like the "parallel" Nika=Joyboy=Luffy stuff very much, but that's more like a subjective preference. Kuma's backstory was cool. A bit cheesy, imo, but cool. Bonney is very bland as an "arc's supernova", but could be worse like Hawkins, Kid or Drake's participations.

"Pacing" is, by far, the biggest offender. Pacing not only from the chapters during the climax themselves, but added to the egregious amount of break weeks. There are chapters where you legit feel nothing happened at all. Characters move from point A to point B in one chapter, only to go back to point A in the next. Onigashima had a lot of this as well.

BUt reading the chapter in one go, this issue practically goes away, then it becomes a quite good arc.
Yeah main offenders are vegapunks speech and the addition of gorosei, rest was good

I'm fine with every part of it.

Actually amazing arc for me because I predicted Vegapunk would predict his own death, and I even predicted he would tell Dragon about it. I also guessed the name of the final unknown race being Buccaneers. I also guessed there was a fusion reactor on the island before it was even mentioned. I even guessed that Devil Fruits are based on hopes/desires/will before Vegapunk explained it (that really frustrated me because I said the explanation he gives you would only raise further questions - I also explained Vegapunk was not smart enough to know Ancient Kingdom technology properly).

I did not guess that Bonney could create distorted futures of her own version of Nika. That was a cool development. I did not guess that York was the traitor. Though, the clues for these things were all there.

I also finished a tech course as the arc began. So, it was great for me, and it includes some surprises. It's unfortunate that I didn't have enough time to really think about things at the beginning of the arc since I was busy with school otherwise I may have guessed those things I mentioned that surprised me.

Last edited:
Didn't like the cake, but loved the frosting :milaugh:

Cons
- Wasnt a fan of the SH outfits
- Disliked all the Vegas except Stella
- Bonney's Nika form

Pros
- Luffys fights w/ Lucci n' Borsalino
- All the side stories were great (I got a bad feelin about Caribou:lusalty: (as usual:lusalty:))
- Seraphims
- Emet:lunazing:

Favorite Moment
Dorry & Brogys justification for helping Luffy; "HES OUR PAL":lumazed:

Rej

This forum is retarded.
Egghead was alongside WCI one of the biggest enjoyments I had so far with the manga.

But I had the least enjoyment on this forum since Egghead because of the increasing amount of stupidity and retardness within this side of the forum/twitter fanbase.

Egghead was alongside WCI one of the biggest enjoyments I had so far with the manga.

But I had the least enjoyment on this forum since Egghead because of the increasing amount of stupidity and retardness within this side of the forum/twitter fanbase.
Egghead powerscaling went to hell after Kizaru was down, it's a lore arc.

Of course it will be bashed here +, the breaks

If Wano didn't do irreparable damage to One Piece Egghead would easily be the worst arc. Vegapunk namek aside, it's shocking that after decades of speculation, Oda finally decided to make the Gorosei fighters and tried hard to make them threatening to the reader by forcing characters to constantly say it on top of giving them every hax available in the series but when he had to make them do something he made them fail every task and get tossed around by characters that had no business manhandling them.

Saint Jaygarcia "I'm the Warrior God of Scientific Defense you can't fool me Vegapunk" Saturn? Couldn't even be bothered to check whether Vegapunk put a functioning bomb in Kuma or not.

Does Oda do it on purpose? How does one create such joke characters and label them endgame villains?