Character Discussion Thoughts on Killingham so Far?

Thoughts?


  • Total voters
    43
#47
I guess few people see that the Knights are not copies of each others. Sommers and Killingham, for example, have very different characterizations.

That said, I like Killingham.
His design in human/Hydrid form is very cool but I don't love the Zoan one.
The ability is cool too and he uses it pretty well.
Character wise I like the way Oda is handling him and his role.
There's the perfect set to create a very choreographical final battle with Sanji once he unclocks CoC.

He's the best Sanji opponent ever. He's clearly the Sanji who accepted Germa, in personality. To spite him and reach the mindset of a king, Sanji has already brought his racism and insecurities with Jinbe full circle.

Physically, it's eyelashes vs eyebrows. Everyone deemed the evil mirror a Black haired Sanji, and look at this guy's hairstyle lol. Killingham has a fruit and magic designed to resemble Sanji's mutant healing factor, and even exceed it. Sanji wanted a DF that he thought would make his dreams come true, Killingham are a fruit to make dreams come true. The spear of Imu and Rimoshifu vs the spear of Nika and Zeff; they both share the spear of Vinsmoke, Killingham tangentially while Sanji genetically.

Power wise, he's clearly a bigger threat than Queen. You technically can't beat him unless you're a conqueror, but being a conqueror isn't even a guaranteed victory. With his healing factor, you might have to put him down permanently to get anywhere (we haven't seen them knocked out). Even then, Zaza provides tremendous leverage so he doesn't need to fight clean. Like Sanji, his cleverness means that he doesn't have to rely on sheer combat prowess. And while a lot of people are thinking Imu is on borrowed time, the opposite is also true: if they can't hold Imu long enough then he'll swoop in to save his knights like he did in the first place.

A victory over Killingham should be a 2.7-3.3 billion bounty.
I agree on everything!
Except for the bounty, I think 3B is a bit to much since I expect Killingham (and Sommers) to be some of the "weakest" Knights. Or at most "average" in those ranks.
 
#48
Except for the bounty, I think 3B is a bit to much since I expect Killingham (and Sommers) to be some of the "weakest" Knights. Or at most "average" in those ranks.
Ultimately even if there was no bounty increase at all, I wouldn't actually care. But again bounty increases aren't based on a math of proportions to "power level." If I had to justify any increase it'd be based on the fact that vanquishing an HK has been inconceivable for the bulk of history and it'd probably be in tandem with the defeat of Imu, an unspeakable level of chaos for the government
 
#50
Shit character and probably gonna have 0 character arc... base/hybrid design is too edgy for me (fishmen designs are meh at best and his is probably one of the better ones imo) but I love the full zoan. His abilities are great amd moderately unique, dreampulling kinda hits like a foil to haki manifestation and I fw that

Longinus having lightning attacks does tickle my fancy.

Rain and lightning plus deep character conflict within Sanji's self is pushing me to enjoy his panel time more though. I just don't think he is an enjoyable entity on his own
 
Top