Chapter Discussion Thoughts on Ryokugyu/Green Bull's reveal

I think it's a fine design. I'm not as hyped about it as I was about Fujitora's, though. A bit underwhelmed, honestly. Sucks because Oda had been knocking these designs out of the park lately.

EDIT: The actual introduction is great, though. I love how Oda made the plant ability look incredibly terrifying and sadistic.

:josad:

It's a shame that the full body reveal has him with the sunglasses. I think Oda overuses sunglasses on his male character designs, and it makes Ryokugyu look less unique.
Theres barely any characters with sunglasses lol. He looks badass with them...let him keep it.

Theres barely any characters with sunglasses lol. He looks badass with them...let him keep it.
Does he look badass with them? Sure, I agree. But saying that there's "barely any character with sunglasses" is demonstrably false. Here's a list (possibly incomplete):

- Smoker
- Vergo
- Bellamy
- Senor Pink
- Franky (not so much post timeskip)
- Z
- Ichiji
- Niji
- Inazuma
- Inuarashi
- Brannew
- Johhny
- Ohm
- Trebol
- Fukurokuju
- Machvise
- Gancho
- Koza
- Doflamingo

Granted, this is skipping fodder and the small round ones like Kuzan, Queen, and Hogback's, and women like Domino, Belo Betty, etc.

Does he look badass with them? Sure, I agree. But saying that there's "barely any character with sunglasses" is demonstrably false. Here's a list (possibly incomplete):

- Smoker
- Vergo
- Bellamy
- Senor Pink
- Franky (not so much post timeskip)
- Z
- Ichiji
- Niji
- Inazuma
- Inuarashi
- Brannew
- Johhny
- Ohm
- Trebol
- Fukurokuju
- Machvise
- Gancho
- Koza
- Doflamingo

Granted, this is skipping fodder and the small round ones like Kuzan, Queen, and Hogback's, and women like Domino, Belo Betty, etc.
Im talking strong and important characters. Not one arc randos.

Im talking strong and important characters. Not one arc randos.
You didn't mention that in your original reply, but if you want to shift it to that, then sure, you're right I suppose. My point is that I've seen it too often from Oda to really be wowed by the design, especially when the other admirals have some of the most unique looks in the series.

I'm mixed. Maybe Oda felt obligated to create a cool admiral, and yeah he did do that. But he also seems kinda generic that way. Funny enough I thought he'd look like the worst one based on his obscured conversation with Fuji

The powers seem cool though. Not sure if that's Haki or some other shade on his fingers, but a black sword is great. I like grass type a lot anyway