Episode Discussion Thoughts on the New Dragon Ball Super movie

Will Gohan be relevant and/or have a powerup with in the new Dragon Ball Super Movie?

• Total voters
They're hiding more from us:

It's Android 21.
There are too many coincidences!

The overall main take away from this weekend that's dragonball related is the fact that Gohan and 21 were trending and the topic of discussion for different reasons, yet it still makes sense.

1. Red Ribbon is back while we know 21 is / was a part of them.

2. Dragonball Super: Super Hero is going to be the 21st movie in the franchise.

3. The release date is literally one day after 21st, probably because they thought it would be a dead giveaway.

4. She is a very popular character and can generate a lot of hype

5. New waifu that is now canon, following the trend of Broly ( a filler movie character ) whereas 21 comes from a video game.

6. In Japan Dokkan recently released an awakening of 21 from when they had a crossover with Fighterz for the release of the game & her character

7. They can probably recreate the buu saga ending per say, but with gohan getting the victory.

Example: during the fight there can be a splitting of Majin 21 ( the good and evil version of 21 ) which we know they can use for merch. Dokkan literally has good 21 and majin 21. Fighterz just released Android 21 [ lab coat ] as what we assume to be a separate character from the other 21 in the game.

& if 21 is a success, they might find a way to make 21 a part of the main cast. A scientist that can help bulma or do her own thing + still be a combatant.

Fans get excited & other dragonball ips can profit off the same thing.

Last edited:
New trailer came out and it focused on mainly Gohan and Piccolo. Gohan also ditched his ultimate form for SS. They probably made him slack off and lose the transformation again.
I actually have to disagree with you on this one.

I think the trailer having him go ssj means 1of 2 things.

1. It's either an edited trailer to hide gohan potentially having a new form: (which would actually make sense since they did this in battle of god's by having the trailer show gohan go ssj yet in the movie in that same scene they had him use ultimate instead and in the broly movie in the trailer he was in base when he blasted frieza with his stomach and yet in the movie in that same scene he was a ssj instead).

In other words the scene in the trailer that has goham ssj is actually him going ultimate in the actual movie but they decided to edit that since within that same trailer we see gohan power up again like he is about to transform again.

2. He can use both ssj and ultimate and similarly to goku is simply showing off his forms before going into ultimate (we know he can still use both since he was able to do so in battle of god's when he fought beerus in ultimate yet still went ssj with the other saiyans to make goku a ssjgod)
Post automatically merged:

They're hiding more from us:

It's Android 21.
There are too many coincidences!

The overall main take away from this weekend that's dragonball related is the fact that Gohan and 21 were trending and the topic of discussion for different reasons, yet it still makes sense.

1. Red Ribbon is back while we know 21 is / was a part of them.

2. Dragonball Super: Super Hero is going to be the 21st movie in the franchise.

3. The release date is literally one day after 21st, probably because they thought it would be a dead giveaway.

4. She is a very popular character and can generate a lot of hype

5. New waifu that is now canon, following the trend of Broly ( a filler movie character ) whereas 21 comes from a video game.

6. In Japan Dokkan recently released an awakening of 21 from when they had a crossover with Fighterz for the release of the game & her character

7. They can probably recreate the buu saga ending per say, but with gohan getting the victory.

Example: during the fight there can be a splitting of Majin 21 ( the good and evil version of 21 ) which we know they can use for merch. Dokkan literally has good 21 and majin 21. Fighterz just released Android 21 [ lab coat ] as what we assume to be a separate character from the other 21 in the game.

& if 21 is a success, they might find a way to make 21 a part of the main cast. A scientist that can help bulma or do her own thing + still be a combatant.

Fans get excited & other dragonball ips can profit off the same thing.
I've been seeing this go around alot and honestly it makes sense to me

We're getting Android 21 (I know she's existed in the games, but still) and Toriyama still hasn't given us Androids 1 through 7 and 9 through 12's designs after all these years. They're exactly the unseen Baroque Works Frontier Agents of Dragon Ball.

Wasn't Cell the unofficial "Android 21"?

The list of voice actors in the movie got leaked and people are thinking Future Trunks might make an appearance.
He should make one via flashback since those does deal with android's.

However it was confirmed that a character not expected will make an appearance in this movie

Any news about it?
Gohan and piccolo are confirmed main characters of this movie.

Gohan is going to use base, ssj1 and 2 and also his ultimate form

Gohan did keep up his training so he isn't weaker

Broly will be training with both goku and vegeta

Gamma 1 and 2 were indeed created by the small dude in the lab coat.

They are the strongest androids in existence so far.

Trunks voice actor will be in the movie so it alludes to future trunks

He should make one via flashback since those does deal with android's.

However it was confirmed that a character not expected will make an appearance in this movie

Gohan and piccolo are confirmed main characters of this movie.

Gohan is going to use base, ssj1 and 2 and also his ultimate form

Gohan did keep up his training so he isn't weaker

Broly will be training with both goku and vegeta

Gamma 1 and 2 were indeed created by the small dude in the lab coat.

They are the strongest androids in existence so far.

Trunks voice actor will be in the movie so it alludes to future trunks
I'm so hyped for the new androids

About time the age Trunks and Goten. Made no sense Future Trunks was 5 feet taller than his present self at the same age
So they are aging up the gotenks duo, Shocking as they refused to do that same thing in the anime proper

The movie seems okay, It seems they are focusing on gohan given some statement that i'v seen and the general superhero theming of the flim.
I like that sort of idea, It's been too vegeta and goku centric for too long

However the red ribbon army just needs to die, They get way too much focus for what little depth they have.
Gamma 1 and 2 will be android 1 and 2, I can almost guarantee it as they likely forgot gero scarped those models no idea why he would if they were stronger then anything that he had on hand but ig he's juts stupid.

The red ribbon forces should be all but dead but ig they are just doing a db fighterz and just saying gero had a million secret androids that were never mentioned until now because reasons ig

Goten and Trunks finally grew up! And 18 is in the movie too!
Given the precedent set, I wouldt expect them to do much
Would be cool if they did something with 18 but TOP,GT and even the video games have done next to nothing with her characters so wouldt expect much honestly would be cool if she was breaking some arms tho

Last edited: