General & Others Timeskip was USELESS

What is the purpose of timeskip if Luffy was not ready to be Pirate King already?

I think the set up for timeskip was great by Oda. Was big L's after big L's. We could argue that began with Aokiji, but Luffy learning G2 and G3 after that I bet people were expecting him to figure out the weakness of Aokiji DF (like he did with Crocodile) and beat him using those gears(or maybe just finding out his weakness, Aokiji at that fight was only Logia he didn't showed anything impressive but his DF).
But the true thing began at Sabaody. Strawhats HUGE Lost. The only Supernova crew with that L while Law still recruited a new member.
Then Impel Down another L for Luffy, he lose 3 years of his life or his life reduced by 1/3(don't remember exactly)? At the end he kind of succeed but he took a beat from Magellan.
Finally Marineford, Luffy lost his brother, more years lost due Ivankov ability. He couldn't do much at War except from (plot armor) saving Ace and then be the reason why Ace died(Luffy would fall anyway and Akainu would try to killl anyway and Ace would save him anyway).

At this point it is clear that Luffy is MILES ahead of those who fight on top of world. So timeskip to train that new thing called haki was very plausible.

Post timeskip, everybody is amazing. No one is struggling at least until Dressrosa(Sanji vs Vergo was kind of struggled but not full all out) where Luffy struggled a little against Doffy but G4 was overpowered to him. And this is the key point, G4 is what puts Luffy at the top of World. At the end of Dressrosa Luffy fought a little with Fujitora, an Admiral. He didn't nothing against Fuji but wasn't getting a beat too(Fuji wasn't serious for sure). But we had hope that Luffy was finally at Admiral level, with G4 full all out he probably could have defeat an Admiral.

But worst arc comes in. Luffy is actually weak. He needs Nami and plot armor help to defeat Cracker. He uses a lot of plot armor and still got beat by Katakuri. His G4 punch did nothing against BM and he lost his energy (still no explanation). So Luffy still have a huge gap between him and the top of the world. Make us think that those 2 years of timeskip he had less growth than Luffy pre-katakuri fight to Luffy chapter 1010.

Luffy trained 2 years with Rayleigh, which is a top of the world character that goes toe to toe with Kizaru and Admiral(and no he is not weaker than "prime" because he got older and a lot of time without fighting). Rayleigh left Luffy alone because he learned everything in 1,5 year... Everything? Why not teaching him at least the possibility of coating attacks with conqueror? Why not punch him enough to obligate him unlock adv haki?

So my point about why timeskip was useless is because initial arcs were so easy that they could have used them to improve characters without taking a break. Would have made New World much greater. Literally Strawhats are the only Supernova crew that needed timeskip to face New World. Everybody else did that and succeed. "Oh but look Kid he lost and arm", he faced Shanks. Luffy without plot armor would be already dead after facing BM.
Imagine Sanji having great fights, unlocking his haki. Chopper controlling his Monster Point(and using his Brain Point that Oda forgot he has), Brook learning new abilities of his DF.

Did you expect Luffy to solo all Yonkou and Admirals after training for 2 years ?
The purpose of the time skip was to teach Luffy the basics of haki and to get him to a level where he can defend himself from opponents that could neg diff him.
Rayleigh himself said that all he could do was teaching him the basics.
He’s a Zoro fan, he doesn’t life organic growth or heroes journeys.

Did you expect Luffy to solo all Yonkou and Admirals after training for 2 years ?
The purpose of the time skip was to teach Luffy the basics of haki and to get him to a level where he can defend himself from opponents that could neg diff him.
Rayleigh himself said that all he could do was teaching him the basics.
I was expecting Luffy to be somewhat of matchup to them. Not the joke Yonkos did. Remember Sengoku not being able to knock him out at Marineford versus Kaido one-shotting him. It is a huge gap which leads to a huge asspulling because we can't have another timeskip.
And this is not even the main point, the point is the 2 initial easy arcs for Strawhats could easily be changed by their growth and learning haki techniques so the current state of manga would be more plausible and whole New World woud be more enjoyable.
Was not me, everybody was thinking that. New World and Luffy no diffing it. Everybody was expeculating Luffy to be Admiral level when he fought Fujitora.

I was expecting Luffy to be somewhat of matchup to them. Not the joke Yonkos did. Remember Sengoku not being able to knock him out at Marineford versus Kaido one-shotting him. It is a huge gap which leads to a huge asspulling because we can't have another timeskip.
And this is not even the main point, the point is the 2 initial easy arcs for Strawhats could easily be changed by their growth and learning haki techniques so the current state of manga would be more plausible and whole New World woud be more enjoyable.
Was not me, everybody was thinking that. New World and Luffy no diffing it. Everybody was expeculating Luffy to be Admiral level when he fought Fujitora.
Oda not being consistent with Luffy's powerscale is problematic. I reckon it is best to overlook a few of those gaffes (luffy 1 shot by kaid's human form and getting bounced back in a haki duel with batman)
Post automatically merged:

Did you also expect Kaido being able to 1 shot Doffy with 1 finger?