Break Week To all the people claiming Luffy used COA last chapter

This is a very good example. At the top, we see black lightning, at the bottom, we see white lightning
Oda makes these images inconsistent...So the probability of coa for me is 70 or 80%
The point of the topic is literally that the old visuals are not trustworthy, because it's clear that Oda is not planning things ahead with Haki.

Obviously one can agree or not.

The point of the topic is literally that the old visuals are not trustworthy, because it's clear that Oda is not planning things ahead with Haki.

In the fight with Lucci, this black and white lightning was repeated
Well, when Yonko or Garp use advcoc, some images are very easy to recognize
But when the admirals enter the battle, it is very hard to distinguish the type of hockey except yamato's hit....It seems that Oda has not decided whether admiral have coc or not

In the fight with Lucci, this black and white lightning was repeated
Well, when Yonko or Garp use advcoc, some images are very easy to recognize
But when the admirals enter the battle, it is very hard to distinguish the type of hockey except yamato's hit....It seems that Oda has not decided whether admiral have coc or not
Yeah, the situation is not clear at all. In this case, Luffy's lightning seems to "flow back" in the direction of the user, but ultimately it is unclear.

However, I do think this debate is quite useless, because we are about to see the full fight (I hope), so who cares lol.

And Oda will have to make a decision once and for all.

AdmiraLs don't have CoC because they are government dogs, they simply have strong enough CoA and CoO to dunk on all but the highest tiers. Assuming CoC is a big deal, this explains a bit about why the Admirals weren't constantly pulling up to the emperors: CoC gives them a significant disadvantage when fighting veteran emperors with good control over it.

Akainu does because he wants to be the WGs bestest boy

AdmiraLs don't have CoC because they are government dogs, they simply have strong enough CoA and CoO to dunk on all but the highest tiers. Assuming CoC is a big deal, this explains a bit about why the Admirals weren't constantly pulling up to the emperors: CoC gives them a significant disadvantage when fighting veteran emperors with good control over it.

Akainu does because he wants to be the WGs bestest boy
admirals arent allowed to "pull up" on yonkos, they follow orders afterall.

Look, I agree that we can't tell for 100% sure what haki it is (I'm 95% certain it's armament haki) but I don't agree when you guys say that Oda is not planning things ahead with haki, especially since after the timeskip.

Oda drew conqueror's coating for the first time in chapter 966 (Roger vs Whitebeard) as thick lightning that trails behind the weapon/fist. He still represented armament haki after that as thin lightning for all other characters, including Luffy (chapter 983, Luffy vs Ulti). The representation of armament haki as thin lightning in that chapter (and for other characters) has remain very consistent with what we have seen in Dressrosa.

We don't always see thin lightning when it comes to armament haki but we have seen it during whole Dressrosa (Luffy and Katakuri), we have seen it in Ulti vs Usopp, we have seen it in Luffy vs Ulti, Jinbe vs Who's Who, Scabbards vs Kaido, and so on.

Maybe the thin lightning means that the armament haki that is used is strong and/or implies there is an armament haki clash.

Anyway, let's just wait and see. This changes nothing to Kizaru's portrayal anyway so let's be patient.

Chapter 966. Roger and Whitebeard using conqueror's coating (thick lightning that trails behind the sword).

Chapter 1010. Luffy using conqueror's coating (thick lightning that trails behind the fist).

Chapter 983. Luffy and Ulti armament haki clash. The lightning is thin.

Dressrossa arc. Thin lightning is used for armament haki and it can trail behind the fist.

admirals arent allowed to "pull up" on yonkos, they follow orders afterall.
This is true, but if Admirals were able to consistently 1v1 emperors they would have been mobilized against them by now. I guess Greenbull was about to, but Shanks scared him off. I still feel that it's the specific match up that scared him off if Shanks is a CoC god. At least to me, that would give Shanks a way to tire GB out in a way he couldn't just regenerate.