Character Discussion To the Mihawk fans. Why do you like his character and Why do you think his character is great?

Mihawk represents a very rare character archetype in the series, someone who has achieved his dream and had it all. Despite how much the fandom overhypes them, the yonko are locked in a four way deadlock, scrambling to get even the most minor advantages over their enemies. Mihawk doesn’t need to involve himself in petty power struggles and political games. He has everything he wanted. And he’s miserable for it.

Mihawk’s character shows what a shonen protagonist could logically become if they focused only on individual strength. He only knows how to form relationships with others through rivalries and fighting, so when he’s with someone like Perona, he’s completely out of his element. It’s clear that Mihawk is a decent human being, but years of being objectified and pigeonholed as merely a title to be claimed has left him jaded and closed off to forming close relationships. To see such a powerful man come out of his shell and learn to live again is a refreshing and enjoyable character arc.

Mihawk represents a very rare character archetype in the series, someone who has achieved his dream and had it all. Despite how much the fandom overhypes them, the yonko are locked in a four way deadlock, scrambling to get even the most minor advantages over their enemies. Mihawk doesn’t need to involve himself in petty power struggles and political games. He has everything he wanted. And he’s miserable for it.

Mihawk’s character shows what a shonen protagonist could logically become if they focused only on individual strength. He only knows how to form relationships with others through rivalries and fighting, so when he’s with someone like Perona, he’s completely out of his element. It’s clear that Mihawk is a decent human being, but years of being objectified and pigeonholed as merely a title to be claimed has left him jaded and closed off to forming close relationships. To see such a powerful man come out of his shell and learn to live again is a refreshing and enjoyable character arc.
Den-chan as always :kata:

Awesome thank you for answering my question.

I never had any problem with Mihawk but for a while I just wanted to know why some people like his character and what made his character great.

Do so without mentioning zoro that’s almost impossible but I can mention zoro less lol ….personally I find mihawk very interesting to me he is basically a enigma thinking back on my time with the series he was the first one strength wise that made me go holy hell zoro has so far to go and even with where we are at now zoro isn’t done growing and I’ve been waiting for that rematch ever since ,and yet through odas use of zoro mihawk just keeps getting stronger and stronger …. As far as mihawk himself goes I’m super interested in his past what made him the wss and how did he make hos black blade and along with that how did he feel after his rival lost his arm what kind of emotions did he emit etc to me it seems like something is definitely there that will be flushed out later

Nicely said

The Story started by telling us about this New Era where everyone is competing to become The Pirate King & how they must Honor their Flag, recruit the Best they can to assist them, find better Ships, endure the harsh Seas & face the Strongest Pirates ... etc

And then out of the blue, we get introduced to this Character who simply shits on all this Story's Premise !!!
He doesn't bother use a Flag, he doesn't rely on anyone's help, he roams the seas in a Small Boat, he exits & enters Grand Line on a whim or because he was chasing some small fry who woke him up, he destroys Large Fleets for fun, and the Storms of Grand Line that scare everyone are actually just a small annoyance to him because it helped his prey escape !! How can you not like such Character

And to top it all, this Character was given a Title, he was introduced as someone who already finished his Quest, he is not in the Competition of this New Era, because he already won his Competition & one that doesn't include Pirates only, but the whole World & all of it's Factions & Kingdoms & Organizations, because wherever you go, Swordsmen represent the Majority of Fighters.

It's like this Character is not introduced as a Rival to our Main Characters Journey, but more like a Destination, and the Author went even further & made reaching his Greatness among Dreams of Main Characters who are supposed to represent Biggest Dreamers in World of One Piece, those whose Goals are almost impossible & people don't even dare declare, such as finding One Piece, finding All Blue, discovering Void Century, drawing World Map, stopping Racism, curing all Diseases ... etc

So Mihawk is literally a Walking Dream/Treasure, but One which doesn't hide or need a Map to find, it's a Treasure which sits in the sight of everyone & directly say to you: "Claim my Throne if you dare". Which was presented in one of Coolest Scenes ever, when Mihawk challenged Zoro & he didn't even hesitate to declare his Name as The Strongest, as the one who sits at The Top, all Alone !!

Unlike Yonko for example who even as Strong as they are, they are still Rivaled by each other, so neither of them can do what Mihawk did, the best they could say is "If i did that, if i had that, if i acquire this, i will become Pirate King". But Mihawk doesn't need anything or anyone, who is already sitting on his Throne with no peers.

And Oda went further & made him even go & meet a Yonko who is not just any Yonko, He is the one who inspired Main Character & gave him a Challenge to surpass him, someone who according to Oda represents himself & yet this Bored Swordsman doesn't hesitate to look down on him & tell him that he isn't worth fighting anymore !! But ofc, there will be doubters & they will say that they are Friends so it was just Words to tease him & they weren't Serious, so Oda decided to make Mihawk completely absent from Two Yonko Meeting & yet they couldn't help but mention him, associating him with the Fame of Shanks, calling the sight of fighting him to be Legendary & Unforgettable!

And that's not all, the Author doesn't want you to respect this Character only, but he also wants you to really like him & await his Next Appearance, so he reinforced his Claim by giving him a Cool Design, Best Linguistic Style in my opinion, a Prideful Personality unlike any other, Unique Weapon, Unique Eyes, bored because of his Power ... etc

And currently even after 1000 Chapters, Mihawk is still Very Mysterious, his Throne still unchallenged, his Haoshoku Haki is indirectly Hyped, his Eyes are the same as the one who sits on Empty Throne, his Black Blade holds some Mysterious Power ... etc

Not to mention what Viver Card says about him, or other Databooks or Video Games or his Scene in Stampede Movie or the way Oda mentioned him in SBS ... etc Imo i can go on & on describing this Character, but all i will say now is that Oda succeeded massively in hyping me about him & making me want to see him as the Center of a Story Arc & his Role in Final Arc.

I can also describe how Zoro vs Mihawk is most awaited & most impactful Fight in entire One Piece World, but i believe witnessing it is better than reading about it, so let's just wait