Break Week Toei animation Quality

How will you rate animation quality of wano arc compared to the previous arcs?

• Very good

Votes: 30 54.5%
  • Good

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • Bad quality :(

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • Very bad :((

Votes: 6 10.9%

• Total voters
The only good animation in 995 for me was when the Scabbards were running in the hall ways fighting fodder lol. The Kaido scene was so bad. And their "sunachhi" scream was so bad. And the amount of blood Kaido lost was way too much and was poorly animated. Looked like still frame after still frames.
But it wasn't just still frames? There was a metric crap ton of animation in the snatch scene.

Arguably, I would say this scene alone is more technically impressive than the stuff we got in the hallway.
yea the oden flashback.
Did you actually see the flashback scene in full?

I don't like it. I just like simplicity.

Look at this animation below when Kaido fell off the sky, it was very simple, no over dramatic color sequence, great art in terms of capturing the emotions.

You know this scene also has the "twitching stuff" that you were complaining about right(when Kaido rises out of the hole and the such). The animator that you chose to demonstrate "a lack of twitchy flappy stuff" is the animator most well known for animating flappy loopy stuff.:okay:

I like simplicity. I can tell you and point to what "simplicity" is. I don't think you even know what that means.

Also yes, I know the animator for that scene. Its Isamu Takara for the "falling from the sky sequence". They're a pretty solid animator. I would add though, that their output back then while solid for the show back then, doesn't necessarily mean it compares much to the show now.

Also, even in the scene of Kaido falling, there is a ton of "flappy dramatic loops" as you call it. Notably in the shaking of Kaido's cape, as well as the looped effects as Kaido falls down.

But it wasn't just still frames? There was a metric crap ton of animation in the snatch scene.

Arguably, I would say this scene alone is more technically impressive than the stuff we got in the hallway.
Yes, that 15 sec clip was good however everything with Kaido in it, which is the main point, was bad.

You know this scene also has the "twitching stuff" that you were complaining about right(when Kaido rises out of the hole and the such). The animator that you chose to demonstrate "a lack of twitchy flappy stuff" is the animator most well known for animating flappy loopy stuff.:okay:
yes, that also had twitching which I didn't like however outside the unnecessary twitching I enjoyed it. That animator Isamu Takara did the animation of Doflamingo vs Law which was really good however, he over dramatizes the twitching and I am not sure why he does that. It's like he purposely does that to mark his animation like how I dog pisses on a tree to mark its terrority lmao. You can tell right away his animation by just noticing the twitching.

I like simplicity. I can tell you and point to what "simplicity" is. I don't think you even know what that means.
I am pretty sure i know what simplicity is and it definitely isn't the scabbards scene especially the one with ODen in it with those dragon ball z type color scheme and unnecessary flashes. The best animated scene in Wano thus far was at the beginning when Zoro was fighting those fodders when he smelled blood.

Yes, that 15 sec clip was good however everything with Kaido in it, which is the main point, was bad.
But that stuff was also totally fine. There were tons of cool cuts with Kaido in it.
yes, that also had twitching which I didn't like however outside the unnecessary twitching I enjoyed it. That animator Isamu Takara did the animation of Doflamingo vs Law which was really good however, he over dramatizes the twitching and I am not sure why he does that. It's like he purposely does that to mark his animation like how I dog pisses on a tree to mark its terrority lmao. You can tell right away his animation by just noticing the twitching.
What did Isamu Takara did of Doflamingo vs Law? I remember he did animation supervision stuff for 723. Is that what you are referring to?

Twitching is usually used to generate "anticipation" or highlight an animation or uneasiness in the character. For example, shaking if they are in pain or "wobbling", or "anticipation or to accentuate an impact. Yoshikazu Tomita does this a lot for a lot of things.

All animators have unique styles, and Tomita's "twitching loops" have a nice flow to them in how they build up anticipation or emphasize an action.

Sometimes it can be a bit much, but its usually a pretty effective shakey effective that coincides with other stuff like zooms and the such.

I am pretty sure i know what simplicity is and it definitely isn't the scabbards scene especially the one with ODen in it with those dragon ball z type color scheme and unnecessary flashes. The best animated scene in Wano thus far was at the beginning when Zoro was fighting those fodders when he smelled blood.
What Dragon Ball Z colour scheme?

And there weren't even any unnecessary flashes in 995. Like, literally none. The most we got were some sparks from Neko knocking aside Kaido's club.