Break Week Toei animation Quality

How will you rate animation quality of wano arc compared to the previous arcs?

• Very good

Votes: 30 54.5%
  • Good

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • Bad quality :(

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • Very bad :((

Votes: 6 10.9%

• Total voters
W

Wonderful World

Wano has been pretty consistent so far.

But every episode seems like it will be more of a surprise if the animation is good or not.

Overall, I've enjoyed the anime so far and it's better than the animation we got for Berserk, for example.:catcry:

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
I tried to watch the episode where Kanjuro flies off with Momo and Sanji clashes with him.
The animation when Kiku is trying to hit the ink arrows is horrendous. Seriously.
Watch that specific moment. Looks like a low budget fan made edit.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
I feel very comfortable with the quality of the frames at the present moment. I hope fights will look even more scenical and intense however.

WCI was perfect animation. It was One Piece.

Wano I don't know what anime I'm watching. One Ball Super?
Dragon Ball Super was never as well animated as One Piece is currently.

Effects don't equal dragonball.

Also, are people going to ignore the actual dragon ball esque fights that we had back in dressrosa for example?

Dragon Ball Super was never as well animated as One Piece is currently.

Effects don't equal dragonball.

Also, are people going to ignore the actual dragon ball esque fights that we had back in dressrosa for example?
Can you remind me of those? I really don't remember.

I can't afford anime making stupid effects. They showed Oden with haki on his arms while using swords...

Can you remind me of those? I really don't remember.

I can't afford anime making stupid effects. They showed Oden with haki on his arms while using swords...
What is the issue with showing Oden with Haki on his arms while using swords? You know that actually happens right?

Luffy vs Don Chinjao also had a ton of stuff like that.

Thank God One Piece actually has pretty consistent animation now. Also, effects have always been a thing.

One thing that does annoy me about clash effect, is that they use a certain effects filter that I don't think really adds much, and its pretty easy to spot.

What is the issue with showing Oden with Haki on his arms while using swords? You know that actually happens right?

Luffy vs Don Chinjao also had a ton of stuff like that.

Thank God One Piece actually has pretty consistent animation now. Also, effects have always been a thing.

One thing that does annoy me about clash effect, is that they use a certain effects filter that I don't think really adds much, and its pretty easy to spot.
No dude, Oden didn't put haki on his arms. He puts in his swords only.

And you are comparing people turning into Super Sayan in Wano with those clashes without drawing the character? I get it that is DBZ stuff but is not even close of my complain.

Yeah, but we've seen characters who use swords put haki on their arms. Why is it an issue?

And you are comparing people turning into Super Sayan in Wano with those clashes without drawing the character? I get it that is DBZ stuff but is not even close of my complain.
Aura stuff isn't necessarily DBZ related. Its usually just to show emotions or give atmosphere to a character as opposed to a power up.

Maybe you need to take a break from One Piece my dude. You seem unhappy.

I honestly don't know how was the animation in WC since it was the only part of the anime that I didn't saw,since I watched dressrosa in the anime i was getting bored that's why i started with the manga
The quality of the animation in wano is very good I must said they are lenghtening some scenes wich is good and I heard that they are in contact with oda when adding them,this also talks good since they want to be careful and well prepared yet the only thing I don't like is the peacing but for me is an 8+

Yeah, but we've seen characters who use swords put haki on their arms. Why is it an issue?

Aura stuff isn't necessarily DBZ related. Its usually just to show emotions or give atmosphere to a character as opposed to a power up.
You are mixing things up.

Oden is completely capable of putting haki on his arms. That is not the issue.
The problem is when he uses haki on his swords he doesn't use it in his arms. Makes no sense.
When people are using haki on swords they are not using haki on their arms. Unless of course for that piece of shit called Pica.
Post automatically merged:

Maybe you need to take a break from One Piece my dude. You seem unhappy.
I'm not watching anime since lockdown. And after Oden's flashback even Manga is a completely garbage right now.

Over dramatic for my liking....I liked old simple one piece animation....
Overuse of red color and sometimes cheap effects (rainbow effect in previous episode) , Also adv. Haki effect is same as the one from Ichigo (Bleach)

However I liked the episode where all samurais invade in Kaido palace...That animation was out of the box and kinda refreshing

Absolute dog shit. They had one fucking job with the scabbards attacking Kaido and they ruined it with overdramatic art, unnecessary colors, weird close ups, and animation that make me dizzy watching it. One fucking job and they ruined it. They didn't even show the part where the Scabbards stabbed Kaido, like wtf? But they did have detail animation of Kinemon running into the palace fighting fodder?? Like Toei and Oda don't understand what priorities are. They believe giving quality animation in fighting fodder has higher priority than the scabbards stabbing Kaido.
The animation of them stabbing Kaido was excellent though when measuring by pretty much any metric. Technically, it was incredibly impressive stuff.

Also, I think you getting dizzy watching it is more just a you thing. Nothing they did there was particularly dizzying in terms of camera(even though there was a lot of fun camera movement during the scene).

What is the issue with colours and close ups? And what the fuck do you mean by "overdramatic art"? What kindof complaint is that?

The animation of them stabbing Kaido was excellent though when measuring by pretty much any metric. Technically, it was incredibly impressive stuff.

Also, I think you getting dizzy watching it is more just a you thing. Nothing they did there was particularly dizzying in terms of camera(even though there was a lot of fun camera movement during the scene).

What is the issue with colours and close ups? And what the fuck do you mean by "overdramatic art"? What kindof complaint is that?
They didn't animate this scene below.

And nah some of the animation does make me dizzy, go to crunchyroll episode 996 from 3:45 - 3:55, those bright lights and fast movements and extreme nonstop close ups of their face and back to their bodies gets me dizzy for a second. And by overdramatic animation, i mean the lips and hands twitching nonstop which I guess it's there way to describe "tension"?

They didn't animate this scene below.
They did handle it in 996. I will say this, the anime often tries to be too faithful to recreate panels from the manga. 995 had a superior version of the scene that only sort of recreated this panel, but was much more effective without it.

And nah some of the animation does make me dizzy, go to crunchyroll episode 996 from 3:45 - 3:55, those bright lights and fast movements and extreme nonstop close ups of their face and back to their bodies gets me dizzy for a second.

You talking about the Oden flashback?

The one that was intentionally spliced up?
And by overdramatic animation, i mean the lips and hands twitching nonstop which I guess it's there way to describe "tension"?
Thats just to give greater movement to the characters who would otherwise not have it.

They did handle it in 996. I will say this, the anime often tries to be too faithful to recreate panels from the manga. 995 had a superior version of the scene that only sort of recreated this panel, but was much more effective without it.
The only good animation in 995 for me was when the Scabbards were running in the hall ways fighting fodder lol. The Kaido scene was so bad. And their "sunachhi" scream was so bad. And the amount of blood Kaido lost was way too much and was poorly animated. Looked like still frame after still frames.

You talking about the Oden flashback?
yea the oden flashback.

Thats just to give greater movement to the characters who would otherwise not have it.
I don't like it. I just like simplicity.

Look at this animation below when Kaido fell off the sky, it was very simple, no over dramatic color sequence, great art in terms of capturing the emotions.