Anime & Manga Top 10 Strongest in journey to the west manhua

Well, sure but that aint really a combat feat... What is that going to do for him when others go for his neck?
Passive stuff like that has never been of any use in real hand to hand combat, that's why I dont rank that dude high.
Yes, but we don't know how he fights. So we can't really comment on that. We just know that he does have the energy required to do something like this.

Well, not a lot of interested people eh... well I will make my list anyway. I have only read the translated 112 chapters, so I will be ranking it based on just that. I will also borrow the tiers from Red Admiral

Top Tier

13-15. Three Ashura Kings

Ashura kings have fought the gods many times including Dhritrashtra, Di shi Tian and Three Eyes. So they should all be top tier or above

12. Sha Xin Guan Yin

Honestly could be at the 10th place
His thousand hands technique is very powerful
Most versatile character in the series with Sun Wu Kong being the only competion

11. Dhritrashtra

Highly regarded by almost everyone
Taught Buddha and Guan Yin and many others
Di Shi Tian admitted that Dhritrashtra could match his power so he had to catch him off guard

10. Di Shi Tian

He definitely is more of a leader than a fighter
He heavily damaged Gautam when he took Sutra away from Di Shi Tian
For their brief clash, he was on a seemingly equal footing with Wu Kong, though he did nothing else of note

9. Three Eyes General

Has faced Sun Wu Kong three times
He is the strongest "knight" from the god's side
He was the one that beheaded him when they brought the sutra, granted Sun Wu Kong was writhing in pain when he did that

Ancient Tier

8. Vaishravana

Genuinely surprised me with how strong he was
Foght with a serious Sun Wu Kong on equal footing for quite some time
Wu Kong said that the only other time he ever felt this helpless was when he faced Buddha, and he has faced Three eyes, Di Shi Tian and other gods

7. Primordial Lord of Heaven

Is supposedly the big baddie so far
Vaisravana seemed more powerful tbh, but since he is following this guy, I put him below
Doesn't seem like a fighter as he has power but not the skills. Also that was an overreaction for a minor injury

6. Lord of Numinous Treasure

Seems like she had always been able to keep Primordial lord of heaven in check even tho he is not above using underhanded ways

5. Son Wu Kong

This is current Wu Kong, so he will most likely go higher
Most versatile character in the series aside from maybe Guan Yin
He is regularly given a lot of trouble by the heavenly kings, so can't put him in the tier above

One Man Army

4. Naga

Low diffed a heavenly king, even Wu Kong was having some trouble with
Slapped around the 5 MCs more easily than any other character so far and that includes Three eyes
He is the strongest dragon so being on the tier with the strongest God and Strongest Ashura makes sense

3. Rahu

Considers Buddha as his only rival
Best overall feats in the story except for the heaven split
Very clearly superior to Son Wu Kong, as Wu Kong didn't disagree when Rahu said "Get stronger and challenge me again"

2. Gautam Buddha

He is Buddha
Rahu said facing Buddha 300 years ago is the only one time he has ever thought about losing

God Tier

1. The Lord of Virtue

Best feat in the series so far
Was confident in taking on anyone and Primordial lord didn't want to fight him
Seems like the guy author had to make neutral so one side doesn't get too powerful​
did you read only English version of JTW?
cause there is MUCH stronger proof for Buddha > Rahu later on in the story

but over all a very strong list
Post automatically merged:

When did this happen?

Doesnt deserve to be in the top 5... You bought into empty hype, again... :kriwhat:
well ... he low diffed the main villain of the first part of the story ...
like it wasn't anything more than a joke to him
and he will do much much more later on
so I guess I saw the hype coming correctly :) :yodawhat:

maybe later on ... somehow ... for some reason Buddha can surpass him ...
cause Buddha is yet to go truly full power but I guess that's it
(at least among people in the first part of the story)

Last edited:
Dropped feng shen ji in the final part years ago. It was mediocre but the art was great, I'm not all that interested in experiencing that again. Kind of felt like a waste of my time tbh, story was all over the place, don't think I can trust the same author to deliver.
Reminds me of Black Clover.

Well I did write this lol

So yes.

Thanks thanks :cheers:
sorry ... I start reading from ranks :)

but it's pain me to even think about Buddha Vs Rahu ...
I love both in them so much

using the truly strong and important characters affectively without waiting for ever is something all of Japanese writers should learn

sorry ... I start reading from ranks :)
It's not just a you problem :)

but it's pain me to even think about Buddha Vs Rahu ...
I love both in them so much
Fr man. They are both badass af in their own way.

So far, Tang San Zang is my favorite character in the series. But Buddha and Rahu are both top 5

using the truly strong and important characters affectively without waiting for ever is something all of Japanese writers should learn
Preach :myman:

Feng Shen Ji was also good and hella enjoyable. Might make a list about that too :fujilaugh:. Xuan Feng was the goat

It's not just a you problem :)

Fr man. They are both badass af in their own way.

So far, Tang San Zang is my favorite character in the series. But Buddha and Rahu are both top 5

Preach :myman:

Feng Shen Ji was also good and hella enjoyable. Might make a list about that too :fujilaugh:. Xuan Feng was the goat
yes .... Tian is just too good ... he is like the perfect version of Rahu and Buddha in same person
as wild
as wise

Even at the end, the man said I can still low diff y'all but I will let you guys do yo thing. :gokulaugh:

Also don't forget Zi Yu... The guy who taught Zhen Chan of all people and the only person to harm Tian significantly in a 1v1
I think JTW is a better story ... but FSJ was more badass over all .... it had too many (in an unhealthy level) of badass characters :)
and Tian and Zi Yu were badest of them all

funny enough

FSJ is far more famous than JTW in west
but JTW manga is far far more famous in china based on their ranking
I mean since it's JTW brand it's not surprise I guess