Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
Well, imagine if you build hype for Madara all Shippuden and than regular shinoby could cut his face tho...
Or Akatsuki, whose hype was build from first season...and than Sakura could smash konam with smile on her face. I'm not saying that Konan= BM, I'm saying that build up of BM>>>>>Konan.
So yeah, when things like that happen this is joking on readers, well if there no readers, how could you joking on em?) GG Loda.
Kaido was built so much by Oda to be this monster and so far i've gotta say he doesnt live up to his name.

Him slapping Luffy was only G moment in Wano

I personally feel like OP is being rushed and its ruining enjoyment for a lot

Idc Dukes riped Jack in half. BUT THE FACT WE DIDNT SEE IT IS WHAT PISSES ME OFF

And Fandom isnt the blame IMO. Oda has been hyping Wano for ages and so far i am not impressed.

Meanwhile, most other Mangas are crushing it with their arcs. MHA with its Marineford, Dr.Stone with IQ battle, Clover with his End Game and so on.

So if you ask me breaks arent the problem
Wano just aint that interesting to people
All the hype and build up for a rematch between Inu and Neko this time in their Sulong forms against Jack only for us not to see the fight, I don't care if they easily overwhelmed him Oda should have showed us how the fight. Even a single panel of Jack getting beaten would have been enough, some of these fights being off paneled like Inu and Neko vs Jack or Kiku vs Kanjuro is so disappointing.

Even though I have some issues with the Wano arc I'm still enjoying it lol, however I'm enjoying the current arcs from MHA and even Dr. Stone more than the Wano arc.

And you know problem is not in breaks ....I mean people still reading Berserk, or me who is reading D GrayMan, oficially 4 chapters in year(every three month tho), and D.Gray Man is really close to be called master piece not only for plot, but for amazing art, events, characters and more.
I really don't have anything against if One Piece was monthly manga. I mean One Piece need quality, quality of chapters, quality of events...while raid already started and hype was killed, not only because of break, but case it's not live of expectations at all. Trashing characters case you don't know what to do with em - it's worst way of writing story.

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
All the hype and build up for a rematch between Inu and Neko this time in their Sulong forms against Jack only for us not to see the fight, I don't care if they easily overwhelmed him Oda should have showed us how the fight. Even a single panel of Jack getting beaten would have been enough, some of these fights being off paneled like Inu and Neko vs Jack or Kiku vs Kanjuro is so disappointing.

Even though I have some issues with the Wano arc I'm still enjoying it lol, however I'm enjoying the current arcs from MHA and even Dr. Stone more than the Wano arc.
Exactly.
I dont care if is one panel. Just one would be enough. But we didnt even get that. So much build up for nothing

This is what dozens of break weeks every year does to a series...Oda’s white knights around here love to bitch about others being patient, but clearly, most fans are fucking sick of all the waiting.
The breaks aren't even that much of an issue imho.

The much bigger issues are pacing and lackluster storywriting.

Current OP really isn't much better (not sure it is better at all) compared to most other big shonen titles.

While they keep improving (MHA) or simply try new things (Chainsaw Man etc.), OP has stagnated.

Let me put it this way: If a GOAT shonen like HxH returned next week, I would be massively hyped, despite the insane hiatuses we always have to expect. Just because the writing is so good.

With OP I haven't really been hyped in a long while. I just read the chapters, have some fun and then forget most about it.

Exactly, but when the great wave of fans finally drop this shit, even most loyal readers wouldn't damn care about it at all. This is what Oda deserved when he tried to put absolute dog shit in his story.
Riddicules that arc that supposed to became on of the best arc, was turned into dog shit arc, case Oda continue to break readers expectations. And whats more, it's not thst dufficult to write story properly..
All of you here are one piece enthusiasts and just look at the reactions of the people here to know that one piece is hitting the bottom in both speed and quality.

ROFL

Demon Slayer is a concluded series. There's a lot of bias needed to believe that OP has fallen tremendously just because you aren't satisfied. Meanwhile on an OP message board.
the sales speak of something else if you dehype every possible character there is we waited a decade for the yonko to appear only to be dissapointed in a comic the enemy is important as the mc if you dehype BM or the yonko commanders to this point that nobody takes them seriously they lose interest and the sales drop and that happen look at MHA the battle scenes are far suprior to OP and it did catch up I wish OJ wouldnt have deleted there site

I could show you that I have forseen that 3 years ago that mangas like MHA and Kingdom will surpass OP or OP will drop under them
Riboku vs Ousen was the most epic showdown last year why because two charismatic and suprior characters have clashed it gave such an enigmatic and breath taking atmosphere we fans didnt realize the arc ended

Now look at the yonkos and there members trash, idiots, losers 2 admirals could wipe out the whole crew there is no balance there is no threat there is no action its simple and plump if Oda doesnt spice up things and delay or skip he will fall like Bleach or Naruto

I guess it depends on individual preference. Personally speaking, i like one piece more because oda is good at building up the hype for an enemy. Only interesting enemy in KnY is upper moon 1, for me.

i understand the bit about fakeout death in one piece though.
For me, KnY is a lot more powerful emotionally than OP has been in years. Characters we met within such a short period we can already grow to love immensely and care about. One of those few series where it's extremely hard to pick a favourite since you love basically the entire cast tons. I cared about Rengoku 10 chapters after meeting him infinitely more than I do Kin emon after being with him for 300+ chapters. A character I genuinely could not care less about if I tried.

Not to mention the thematic and well choreographed fights, or the insane stakes and presence that's maintained. Something OP has completely and utterly lost in every way imaginable.

Spoilers:
Gotouge isn't afraid to have a major character, that's only 14 get savagely cleaved in two and die if it carries tons of thematic weight, is consistent to the power scaling, maintains the insane stakes in the series as well as delivering a heartfelt reunion. Meanwhile Oda can't even keep a character like Pound dead. It's pathetic.
But the majority of the love for KnY is as a result of the emotional impact and the characters. If that personally doesn't affect some in the same way it affects most then that's generally why they struggle to see why the series is so popular and loved.

what do sales speak about? is trash slayer comparable to kingdom?
It speaks about popularity for example haikyuu is the greatest trash out there like all japanese sport manga but it sells and thats important Oda lost his touch
Look at dressrosa
Sabo vs Burgess
Sabo vs Fujitora
Zoro vs Pica
and and no consecutive fight no action just a rush and bunch of flashbacks nobody really cares about who cares about Rebeccas flashback or her reunion with her father when you could see Sabo vs Fujitora or Luffy vs Fujitora what would have more hits
Something related to Rebecca or a good choreographed fight ??

Look at Kingdom or MHA the individuals shine out through actions like that and look at the SH after ts
Sanji didnt got any real fight
Zoro one shoots everyone
the rest is just there literally doing nothing

Luffy is the one who does the most thing

Enemies are the most important thing look at Riboku if not for Riboku , we wouldnt realize how important Ousen feint truly was
Only because Riboku as an character and general was so renowned that there victory had such an impact
Now look at the yonkos zero reputation left fodders the readers doesnt take them seriously

there is no strength balance the yonkos are dehyped so the series is dehyped right now
For example Kaido should be strongest character in the entire series past and present and BM close to him
Roger and WB are dead they dont play a role in the story anymore if you dont have an enemy more menacing then the previous generation there victory will be overshadowed

BM is trash Akainu would one-shot her
Kaido was just a muscle man full of steroids

Look at the sales of OP and AOT it massively dropped I wrote that years ago because Odas focus is on things which aren't memorable or impressive for us to speak about after the years

Look at All for one vs all might people still talk about it but who talks about Rebeccas flashback ????
remember that it was 6 weeks long freaking 6 weeks for an character who is trash

even the editor said that we can skip everything to wano lol
the anime is stretching the manga too its not about breaks its about quality

Aot only relased once a month nobody did complain or berserk
Oda can just draw 30 chapters each year but with a better mix

Last edited:

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
Sales arent indication of quality.
That being said
KnY got really to shine bcs of anime. I heard from people that read the manga that manga had a lot of problems and anime saved it big time. And the fact series ended helped the sale too.

I wouldnt be suprised if the sales drop massively next quarter.

the sales speak of something else if you dehype every possible character there is we waited a decade for the yonko to appear
The reason I stop you here is because this itself describes a simple problem that is aside from the issues taken. After all, it's very presumptuous to believe that performance centered around the fanbase in another country would echo your nitpicks.

But look at this simple problem: a decade of set up. If it's 2019 or 2020 and you're looking to dig into a series, are you really going to pick OP first? Volume 97 doesn't have its proper strength without reading very many of the other 96 volumes, that's just how a continuing series works on a basic level. Are you going to catch up through 90 volumes or get into a series that ends at like 25 or even as late as 70?

On the other hand, if you've even been following OP since the war with Kaido began, that's eight years? Isn't there going to be a particular appeal to something new? Provided there's no such thing as an objective difference in quality, which there isn't.

In short, there's no reason to believe that a different series would make it 80 volumes deep and perform better even if you don't think its creators would drop the ball.

For me, KnY is a lot more powerful emotionally than OP has been in years. Characters we met within such a short period we can already grow to love immensely and care about. One of those few series where it's extremely hard to pick a favourite since you love basically the entire cast tons. I cared about Rengoku 10 chapters after meeting him infinitely more than I do Kin emon after being with him for 300+ chapters. A character I genuinely could not care less about if I tried.

Not to mention the thematic and well choreographed fights, or the insane stakes and presence that's maintained. Something OP has completely and utterly lost in every way imaginable.

Spoilers:
Gotouge isn't afraid to have a major character, that's only 14 get savagely cleaved in two and die if it carries tons of thematic weight, is consistent to the power scaling, maintains the insane stakes in the series as well as delivering a heartfelt reunion. Meanwhile Oda can't even keep a character like Pound dead. It's pathetic.
But the majority of the love for KnY is as a result of the emotional impact and the characters. If that personally doesn't affect some in the same way it affects most then that's generally why they struggle to see why the series is so popular and loved.
in terms of character, i don't see what puts KnY above one piece. Characters from both series have cartoonish personality.

I would say the bit about fights just depends on the personal preference. I myself don't like a fight that lasts over 4 full and consecutive chapters. For me the ideal fights only should last about 2-3 chapters, unless if you are MC fighting the main villain then i can give a pass for that.

one piece has lots of flaws, but it does still have its great moments too, and i just don't see KnY to beat that.

I feel like it just got trendy because its anime was well animated.
Post automatically merged:

Chainsaw man should be higher :odenugh:
Yeah, next volume of CSM should have a increase in sales though, since that's the gun devil arc