yeah, people bashed one piece for being repetitive, but KnY is even more repetitive than one piece.
>Beginning arc with hype of new and stronger enemy
>MC knows about new technique, but hasn't mastered it yet
>MC learns to apply the technique from fighting the enemy and defeat the enemy
>Sob story from the enemy
>Start new arc and repeat

I guess KnY wins over people with its fast pace though, and it also attracts lots of cosplayers
Yeah, true. I am not a fan of KNY, it's more the opposite I didn't like it very much. It's ok. Not more. In my opinion it should have never sold so much. I think the anime has done a good job, but good animation doesn't make a good story. Well at least in my opinion.
Animation is good, yeah. But the story is only ok. Nothing special about it. Maybe better than Wano arc. But I think a lot of other mangas are better than KNY.
KNY is for me a manga like Inuyasha (demons and stuff like this) , just that Inuyasha was far better. Therefore I am shocked how much hype KNY has.
Both mangas One Piece and KNY should be lower in the list. Or at least KNY should be on the same place as One Piece lol. :josad:

one piece has lots of flaws, but it does still have its great moments too, and i just don't see KnY to beat that.
Yeah, absolutely nothing wrong with that. OP overall has more highs for sure, but it's also 5x longer. KnY is just a ton better than recent OP for me personally.
I feel like it just got trendy because its anime was well animated.
As with practically every series, the anime naturally increased its popularity. In demon slayer's case, the amazing production helped it gain even more exposure through word of mouth. But the undeniable truth is that if the actual source material was no good, then no one would care to read it since there's no animation in manga.

Yusuke Murata one of the two creators of One Punch Man said exactly this after some trolls were in his comments when he was paying his respects when the manga ended.

If it was only trendy because of the animation, then only the anime would be popular. But that's not the case. It's the current best selling manga by an absolute shit ton. Even its light novel sales, merch, etc. are 1st by a mile. So it's clearly the actual characters and series that people love, not solely some fancy animation.

Yeah, true. I am not a fan of KNY, it's more the opposite I didn't like it very much. It's ok. Not more. In my opinion it should have never sold so much. I think the anime has done a good job, but good animation doesn't make a good story. Well at least in my opinion.
Animation is good, yeah. But the story is only ok. Nothing special about it. Maybe better than Wano arc. But I think a lot of other mangas are better than KNY.
KNY is for me a manga like Inuyasha (demons and stuff like this) , just that Inuyasha was far better. Therefore I am shocked how much hype KNY has.
Both mangas One Piece and KNY should be lower in the list. Or at least KNY should be on the same place as One Piece lol. :josad:
to be fair to demon slayer, western people who don't watch anime, have a VERY poor choice selection

when they saw demon slayer promoted by netflix they probably thought it was shakespeare's second coming

The reason I stop you here is because this itself describes a simple problem that is aside from the issues taken. After all, it's very presumptuous to believe that performance centered around the fanbase in another country would echo your nitpicks.

But look at this simple problem: a decade of set up. If it's 2019 or 2020 and you're looking to dig into a series, are you really going to pick OP first? Volume 97 doesn't have its proper strength without reading very many of the other 96 volumes, that's just how a continuing series works on a basic level. Are you going to catch up through 90 volumes or get into a series that ends at like 25 or even as late as 70?

On the other hand, if you've even been following OP since the war with Kaido began, that's eight years? Isn't there going to be a particular appeal to something new? Provided there's no such thing as an objective difference in quality, which there isn't.

In short, there's no reason to believe that a different series would make it 80 volumes deep and perform better even if you don't think its creators would drop the ball.
thats not the case here you are talking about new reader who have to read into the seriies the sales shows that OP lost readers
the problem here is not that one needs to read 96 volumes from zero the problem is many fans in Japan have dropped the series

The sales shows that like AOT many fans dropped the series

now this is an excuse the problem here is that the series lost dramatically of its quality

simple one o one battles are skipped for running scenes the pace is awful
Luffy needed nearly 40 chapters to reach Doflamingo

The same now with Kaido again a stretching Jack easily reaches the top in a instant
Luffy will prob need 20 chapters
Thats what you call stretching the same as the anime its really awful to watch I finally dropped it when the batman gifter used haki

Oda has a burnout he should make a large hiatus
a few years ago it would be a disaster for shounen if he would took an hiatus due Oda sold more than many mangas combined now its just a series
the dependance of OP grow a lot of weaker other series filled the place now OP is not the juggernaut but just a series like any other

the sales of OP dropped over 60% in Japan alone compared to 2014
from 11.88 milion to 4.45 miliion
thats 7.43 milion volumes

so some will argue it could have other reasons but mainly its quality OP cant win young readers for himself thats clear why should a boy full hormone read it
he is more interested in action and a good fighting scene rather than running or flashback of every possible character out there

thats a true the staff and the hardcore fans wont accept last year Ousen and Riboku took the kingdom series to a whole new level what did Oda do ??? skip everything just tease and thats all ahh yes and dehype the yonko

if they want to save the manga oda should take large hiatus do something else and get the feeling for draw again right now its just a torment for him to draw

I'm not surprised.

A lot of breaks and the story is moving at snails pace. :kayneshrug:

Another thing is that I feel like oda has become over-reliant on telling his stories through flashback and back stories, instead of just letting the story tell itself and play out naturally in the present timeline.

Oh why did this character not die? flashback

Why did this happen? flashback

how is this new character related to this new character? flashback

How did we get to this point? flashback

(CTRL C + CTRL V) Rinse and Repeat

Over reliant on flashbacks, backstories etc, oda is leaving little to get excited about in the chapter to chapter moments of the present and immediate story telling. Much fewer pleasant surprises and smarter storytelling where readers go: aha! it all clicks! Now its become: why did this happen? Answer: wait for the next flashback (after 1 break) to find out!

One Piece use to be more adventure focused too, and was filled with engaging mysteries, every chapter was filled with adventure and wonder. Post time skip has become more of a slog and a chore, a grind, like every arc is about climbing a mountain that wasn't worth the extra effort, like a Gacha game or JRPG. Ever since meeting Law in the New world and his alliance with Luffy to take down kaido, it just feels like this one big assignment, with neverending tasks to complete and tick off.

Another thing im annoyed about are the constant unresolved plot points, so much effort and time spent on these things, and we never see it to the end. Either they get forgotten or they are introduced a long time after when interest diminishes, and sometimes the surprise just wasn't worth the wait.

Did the Revolutionaries survive Blackbeard and the Admirals? Oda: can't tell yet, wait and find out. How did they escape, what happened? Oda: can't say. Will we ever know? Oda: LOL, no. Rinse and repeat.

All this constant cock teasing and foreplay and then it just suddenly stops, never to finish or resume again. Such a disappointing and shitty feeling.

:lusalty:

Last edited:
I ll put it in simple words for all of you,it is a shonen manga for underage crowd mainly boys and it should have A LOT OF FIGHTING SCENES!!!

Most men reading this are over 20 and some over 30 like me,we grew up with violent anime and we WANT VIOLENCE.

We are not girls reading light novels and imagine ourselves in it,even lord of the rings with some of the best story ever told HAD VIOLENCE AND FIGHTING,we don't want skipping those scenes but unfortunately Oda LACKS DRAWING TALENT in fight scenes.

If you think with your adult brains that overall dragonball's story is pure fighting and the goal is to be the strongest fighter,then you understand why it has such a huge fanbase and other manga like naruto bleach hunterxhunter and many many other have a huge crowd because of the fighting with a "little" plot.

At the end of the day oda gives us many characters and islands because he lacks the skill to draw pure action scenes,so people are looking for theories all the time because that's what oda wants people to do,take their focus away from the lack of content and turn them into conspiracy theorists about what will happen next.

Story could have ended in 20 years if you take out all the short-bad chapters we got with nothing happened just to fill shonen jumps bosses pockets.

Overall you dont have to care too much about this manga read it like all the other ones it will finish and we will move on to the next,if you get cancer inside and you are an addict find other manga to read. Thank god there are plenty!

Last edited:
thats not the case here you are talking about new reader who have to read into the seriies the sales shows that OP lost readers
the problem here is not that one needs to read 96 volumes from zero the problem is many fans in Japan have dropped the series

The sales shows that like AOT many fans dropped the series

now this is an excuse the problem here is that the series lost dramatically of its quality

simple one o one battles are skipped for running scenes the pace is awful
Luffy needed nearly 40 chapters to reach Doflamingo

The same now with Kaido again a stretching Jack easily reaches the top in a instant
Luffy will prob need 20 chapters
Thats what you call stretching the same as the anime its really awful to watch I finally dropped it when the batman gifter used haki

Oda has a burnout he should make a large hiatus
a few years ago it would be a disaster for shounen if he would took an hiatus due Oda sold more than many mangas combined now its just a series
the dependance of OP grow a lot of weaker other series filled the place now OP is not the juggernaut but just a series like any other

the sales of OP dropped over 60% in Japan alone compared to 2014
from 11.88 milion to 4.45 miliion
thats 7.43 milion volumes

so some will argue it could have other reasons but mainly its quality OP cant win young readers for himself thats clear why should a boy full hormone read it
he is more interested in action and a good fighting scene rather than running or flashback of every possible character out there

thats a true the staff and the hardcore fans wont accept last year Ousen and Riboku took the kingdom series to a whole new level what did Oda do ??? skip everything just tease and thats all ahh yes and dehype the yonko

if they want to save the manga oda should take large hiatus do something else and get the feeling for draw again right now its just a torment for him to draw
Dude of all manga, name the titles that have made it to 20 years or 60 volumes before seeing a decline in sales

OP is going to increase his numbers a lot with chapter 1000 and I think it should be maintained throughout Act 4 where the real war should take place, MHA continues to increasing his sales with each volume and I think it will continue rising because the current arc is the best In Jump right now, JJK was already selling really good and now with his incredible anime the sales should explode leaving him very close to MHA, sadly KnY will continue in the top with his movie coming soon but God that series does not deserve it, I really liked till the last arc, never in my life I had read such a bad ending, a horrible final arc and a disgusting last chapter.

The case of BC is sad because although I enjoy it a lot it has never had much popularity or great sales with each week being almost at the bottom of the Table of Contents, BC is lucky that the Jump has a weak lineup at the moment.

OP is going to increase his numbers a lot with chapter 1000 and I think it should be maintained throughout Act 4 where the real war should take place, MHA continues to increasing his sales with each volume and I think it will continue rising because the current arc is the best In Jump right now, JJK was already selling really good and now with his incredible anime the sales should explode leaving him very close to MHA, sadly KnY will continue in the top with his movie coming soon but God that series does not deserve it, I really liked till the last arc, never in my life I had read such a bad ending, a horrible final arc and a disgusting last chapter.

The case of BC is sad because although I enjoy it a lot it has never had much popularity or great sales with each week being almost at the bottom of the Table of Contents, BC is lucky that the Jump has a weak lineup at the moment.
black clover is more famous in the west than the east

You can tell some people are really thick here lol

Sales are falling MIMIMIMI, literally rage roiding 👀

The sales are this low, because there is literally only ONE volume before 30th of August this year. Technically two, since one volume released 28th of December last year. One Piece has maintained it's usual, 2+ Million per volume figure.

No fact check, no brain, just vibes

:josad:

Once piece :pepemy:, but godamn KNY has more sales than all of theem combined, this is crazy.
This is what dozens of break weeks every year does to a series...Oda’s white knights around here love to bitch about others being patient, but clearly, most fans are fucking sick of all the waiting.
Still, for it to fall to fall to 6th place though...
It's not the breaks it's the quality, the quality of the story has gotten a lot worse since Dressrosa. WCI was a disappointment and pepole hoped that Wano will save the day but it didn't, it actually did the opposite. I know there are people who love Wano and those who pretend that love it but Wano is a Big, big disappointment.

I just wanna remind you all that Marinford single handedly made One Piece the number one manga, and Marinford was only 30 chapters long compared to 90+ chapters of Wano. You can hate it, you can deny it but the fact is, is that One Piece's quality has gotten much, much worse.
Post automatically merged:

Wano is okay despite some flaws imo, hope Oda will show the fights from now though.
The fights will for sure increase the sales but the damage is so big that it will not change the situation drastically, unless Oda gives strowhats 1v1 against beast pirates which is under the question considering the gap between them.

Last edited:
How in god's name is this toxic sh*thole of a forum still going though it provides no productive discussion, good analysis or fair on point criticism.

This forum became a place where people who falsely claim to be fans of one piece gather to spout hates and nonsense about a manga that gave their life a meaning (hence how they spend most of their time here instead of spending it in something they claim to better than following one piece). Bunch of entitled power leveling freaks that knows nothing but complain and whine like a spoiled kid.

Oda, will keep writes his story the way he wants it and will make sh*t loads of money and one piece real fans will keep enjoying this masterpeice while whiners in social media and forums can keep on burning their energy hating on this manga while gaining nothing but wasting their time in hate and anger which will most likely end them up with high blood pressure and mental problems.

One piece still great as ever and will always be great despite the hate,

Oh yeah as for the numbers in the table, lol guess what haters its not accurate and real figures released by the end of november will show you the truth that you hate to see.

I know most likely this post will be deleted but I just had to post it for the haters to see even for a minute or two.

It is called democracy and everyone has his own opinion negative or positive and when you see a lot of negative ones....well lets say you cant ignore it.

You are trying to force your opinion to us and judge others opinions calling them "toxic,hateful" behaving like one piece"s white knight but your fanboyish brain doesnt let you see what is happening and honestly it doesnt matter to us,like our opinions dont matter to you.

You stay true in your opinion and we in ours that is how life works but when you go aggressive to a vast amount of people for stating the obvious it cant escape from my mind the idea that you are a little maybe a little "bitter" for other things in your life and the only thing that holds you from this thin line before madness is this manga.