General & Others Top 5 Favorite Panels of 2021

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
5. Real cool paneling of the beginning of an unexpected fight. If only Oda didn't hate X Drake. :josad:

4. Love the overlapping panel here with the full design of Alber in the picture. Great reintroduction to him with his mask broken.

3. Ngl, I'm a sucker for characters who can eat a lot of punishment and keep going. Ulti getting her insides melted and still hunting down Nami got a lot of hype from me.

2. Not a big fan of any character in the panel but this is pretty great looking. In the color pages, this'll easily be a 10/10 panel.

1. What a great start to the King v. Zoro fight. Legit love this panel.

5. Real cool paneling of the beginning of an unexpected fight. If only Oda didn't hate X Drake. :josad:

4. Love the overlapping panel here with the full design of Alber in the picture. Great reintroduction to him with his mask broken.

3. Ngl, I'm a sucker for characters who can eat a lot of punishment and keep going. Ulti getting her insides melted and still hunting down Nami got a lot of hype from me.

2. Not a big fan of any character in the panel but this is pretty great looking. In the color pages, this'll easily be a 10/10 panel.

1. What a great start to the King v. Zoro fight. Legit love this panel.
Yh thats one of my fav Zoro vs King panels. It was fucking cool and brutal. 1023 and 1027 had the best ZvK moments in my opinion.

I do like the part where Zoro is upside and being dragged backwards twice in the fight too. But yeah, once the fight officially starts it gets a little less brutal than I wanted too.
I think it was because that section was so fast paced, everything after that is….King does an attack -> Zoro does an attack -> Badly drawn cqc with impact marks -> King does an attack…and so forth

King’s whole Batman vibes was his strongest point. Like Oda shouldve went more with his Hybrid side instead of the Lunarian shit.

That ridiculous Ptrendon attacks and Albert in general destroyed the fight for me. King felt way less intimidating when his mask came off.

In this last year Zoro was the protagonist.
5. Zoro blocking hakai
4. Kaidou seeing Luffy and the legendarys behind him
3. Supernovas vs Yonkou (the beginning of the battle)
2. Supernovas vs Yonkou (1001. The battles between monsters on Onigashima).
1. Luffy in front Momonosuke dragon

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I think it was because that section was so fast paced, everything after that is….King does an attack -> Zoro does an attack -> Badly drawn cqc with impact marks -> King does an attack…and so forth
For real, Oda has some good stills and everything but he needs to improve how he does sword fights. I'm unsure if it's because Zoro's 3 sword style can't be drawn visually satisfying or not. But a moment or two like this would've made the sword parts satisfying.

There's just a lack of emphasis on the weapons that's kinda jarring.

King’s whole Batman vibes was his strongest point. Like Oda shouldve went more with his Hybrid side instead of the Lunarian shit.

That ridiculous Ptrendon attacks and Albert in general destroyed the fight for me. King felt way less intimidating when his mask came off.
Yeah, I wish King's hybrid was different. Something that was more useful than a situational speed/brute force form. It's cool that King is able to use all of his forms effectively unlike most zoans, but a lack of a cool hybrid is disappointing. Even if it was just something like what Oda put in his notes.

I gotta disagree on the Pteranodon attacks, I thought Tempura Udon was a good bit of levity for King otherwise he'd of been way too edgy. And I think Alber came in at a good time too. IMO it really changed the tone of the ending of the fight and for the better. Cause as cool as a killing machine is, that's a little lifeless at the end of the day. The added Lunarian stuff gave the fight some zest.

My only complaint is that Alber should've gotten a few more pages of a flashback to explore his background and Oda should've shown on panel Zoro figuring out Alber's Lunarian abilities, instead of cutting away to him already knowing it. That part was pretty lazy.