General & Others Understanding When Conquerors Haki is Used

Theres been a lot of different interpretations when it comes to Conquerors Haki and when its being used. And it even gets confused with regular armament haki usage at times. I’ll be doing in a depth analysis on conquerors haki , when it’s used, and how you know when characters are using it.

First things first……

Show/Tell

Every Time Conquerors Haki is used in the story people either say its being used (Which is the case 90% of the time) , fodder will start passing out, Or a combination of both as shown below:

Again, Even in minor moments....youll see characters either being knocked out or someone will mention it.

Black Lightning

Idk who needs to here this.... but Black Lightning is NOT Exclusive to just Conquerors Haki, There are multiple clashes in the manga in which Oda uses the black lightning effect for people who (as far as we know) do not have conquerors haki such as the following:

There’s even times when characters who don’t have haki get the black lightning effect from Oda.

Conquerors Haki Clashes

Remember that conquerors haki statement I made earlier? That’s Applies to Clashes as well, If conquerors Haki is being used in a clash, Oda will have others mention it,

Every.... Single.... Time.......

Point is when Oda wants people to know a character is using or has Conquerors haki he just straight up says it....He does not pull any punches when it comes to letting people know when characters have the ability.

For Zoro Oda knew that people would find what he did ambiguous, so he had Kaido say it himself to remove all ambiguity .

And this becomes even clearer later in the chapter

Armament haki and Observation are the real ambiguous aspects of haki mainly due to the invisible and hardening concept of armament haki. And Oda's inconsistent usage of them in situations.That often results in confusion. Especially when it comes to weapons.

[/SPOILER].

And with Observation Haki its hard to tell the difference between regular observation and future sight unless Oda says something about it..... Cause fundamentally future sight and Observation haki are the same thing.

Future Sight

I Guess That deserves a thread of its own.............

But yea I guess were at the end..... Leave your thoughts

Last edited:
I don’t think Oda has to point out a clash as being a CoC clash in every context for us to infer that it’s probably CoC. For example:

I think the sheer size of the black lighting and the cloud splitting is also a dead give away. As far as I’m aware, we’ve never seen normal armament clash black lighting get as big as some of the most intense CoC clashes get.

I don’t think Oda has to point out a clash as being a CoC clash in every context for us to infer that it’s probably CoC. For example:

I think the sheer size of the black lighting and the cloud splitting is also a dead give away. As far as I’m aware, we’ve never seen normal armament clash black lighting get as big as some of the most intense CoC clashes get.
I mean for Yonkos its a no brainer......The general consensus is that all the yonko have conquerors haki.

Theres been a lot of different interpretations when it comes to Conquerors Haki and when its being used. And it even gets confused with regular armament haki usage at times. I’ll be doing in a depth analysis on conquerors haki , when it’s used, and how you know when characters are using it.

First things first……

Show/Tell

Every Time Conquerors Haki is used in the story people either say its being used (Which is the case 90% of the time) , fodder will start passing out, Or a combination of both as shown below:

Again, Even in minor moments....youll see characters either being knocked out or someone will mention it.

Black Lightning

Idk who needs to here this.... but Black Lightning is NOT Exclusive to just Conquerors Haki, There are multiple clashes in the manga in which Oda uses the black lightning effect for people who (as far as we know) do not have conquerors haki such as the following:

There’s even times when characters who don’t have haki get the black lightning effect from Oda.

Conquerors Haki Clashes

Remember that conquerors haki statement I made earlier? That’s Applies to Clashes as well, If conquerors Haki is being used in a clash, Oda will have others mention it,

Every.... Single.... Time.......

Point is when Oda wants people to know a character is using or has Conquerors haki he just straight up says it....He does not pull any punches when it comes to letting people know when characters have the ability.

For Zoro Oda knew that people would find what he did ambiguous, so he had Kaido say it himself to remove all ambiguity .

And this becomes even clearer later in the chapter

Armament haki and Observation are the real ambiguous aspects of haki mainly due to the invisible and hardening concept of armament haki. And Oda's inconsistent usage of them in situations.That often results in confusion. Especially when it comes to weapons.

And with Observation Haki its hard to tell the difference between regular observation and future sight unless Oda says something about it..... Cause fundamentally future sight and Observation haki are the same thing.

I Guess That deserves a thread of its own.............

But yea I guess were at the end..... Leave your thoughts
very quality post. clear . i agree with that .

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Ok but i dont think its working this pic of nami for example[
SPOILER][/SPOILER]
I see what's up. You need to put the link between [ SPOILER] and [/ SPOILER]. So you need to put the link where and is. I had to separate / and S, but you don't do that lol.
[/SPOILER]

So the Black lightnng from the rooftop of chapter 1016 seem greater than Luffy and Doflamingo clash in Dressrosa but weaker than Big Mom and Kaido's clash.. Therefore Yamato could have Conqueror Haki or she could not have it too?

So the Black lightnng from the rooftop of chapter 1016 seem greater than Luffy and Doflamingo clash in Dressrosa but weaker than Big Mom and Kaido's clash.. Therefore Yamato could have Conqueror Haki or she could not have it too?
Personally, I find it unlikely that she doesn’t have it. We’ve seen that zoomed out Onigashima black lightning shot 3 times now and 2 of them were CoC clashes. It makes sense for the 3rd to be as well.

Luffy v Kaido

BM v Kaido

Yamato v Kaido

We’ve seen CoA black lightning but as far as I’m aware we’ve never seen it on that scale before. Haki lightning of this magnitude has been reserved for CoC clashes. Also we can see the clouds are being pushed away.