General & Others Unpopular Opinions?

Am i the only one who absolutely hates chopper? His cute carefree demeanor gets on my nerves. He acts more childish than when he was first introduced and his design is getting worse and worse. Oda failed miserably with chopper. He is up there with rebecca, hordy jones and tama as the worst characters ever.
I imagine his age is a partial justification for his demeanor, but he is not exactly a child either.

I imagine his age is a partial justification for his demeanor, but he is not exactly a child either.
I mean physically he’s 17 years old, intellectually he’s got his fruit to boost his intelligence and iq in general, but maturity wise, he’s only had cognitive thought for about 9 years I think. So he acts as a nine year old cause maturity and naivety thats how old he js

G

Gorosei Informer

Am i the only one who absolutely hates chopper? His cute carefree demeanor gets on my nerves. He acts more childish than when he was first introduced and his design is getting worse and worse. Oda failed miserably with chopper. He is up there with rebecca, hordy jones and tama as the worst characters ever.
I feel some of the SHs have regressed post TS including Chopper and there's the whole Kung Fu point shit that keeps getting spammed. As you said the designs are worse and some forms of his have been forgotten. He's more like a mascot/merchandise bait now. Monster Chopper set the bar/tone extremely high at Enies Lobby and was such a haunting, powerful, horrifying scene and now it's a fucking gag.

I don't understand how advCoC works. In fact I am not even sure what it is?
Me and a friend have been very confused about it along with Adv COA too. Even the differences/similarities, which one is which etc. Adv CoC seems to be invisible coating, like a barrier around yourself but you can coat weapons in it and use it for sword slashes I think? I would say sword slashes are more CoA but idk, there was some confusion and debate in the new VC or SBS on whether Roger and Oden did use CoC in their attacks or not.

Haki has been really confusing lately imo. I thought I knew what was going on after Hyogoro talked to and trained Luffy but now I'm feeling lost as we focused on COA and now suddenly we're on CoC and Adv CoC? I've not exactly been fond of haki being introduced and this one of the reasons why too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel some of the SHs have regressed post TS including Chopper and there's the whole Kung Fu point shit that keeps getting spammed. As you said the designs are worse and some forms of his have been forgotten. He's more like a mascot/merchandise bait now. Monster Chopper set the bar/tone extremely high at Enies Lobby and was such a haunting, powerful, horrifying scene and now it's a fucking gag.
Post automatically merged:

Me and a friend have been very confused about it along with Adv COA too. Even the differences/similarities, which one is which etc. Adv CoC seems to be invisible coating, like a barrier around yourself but you can coat weapons in it and use it for sword slashes I think? I would say sword slashes are more CoA but idk, there was some confusion and debate in the new VC or SBS on whether Roger and Oden did use CoC in their attacks or not.

Haki has been really confusing lately imo. I thought I knew what was going on after Hyogoro talked to and trained Luffy but now I'm feeling lost as we focused on COA and now suddenly we're on CoC and Adv CoC? I've not exactly been fond of haki being introduced and this one of the reasons why too.
As more characters with CoC were introduced did Oda need to figure out a way to make Luffy stand out even more? Let's upgrade CoC! Now instead of knocking people out he can do other vague things.

Admirals = Yonko
Mihawk > Admirals [If Zoro fights him last]
Mihawk > Each Yonko
  • Defeats Kaido bc CoC Coating AND Lethality of Blades (Basically Oden on Fentanyl, Crack, and Cocaine)
  • Above Meme bc Elemental attacks do jack nothing, plus Yoru > Napoleon + reasons above
  • Mihawk > Shanks by default
  • Mihawk > Blackbeard in Haki, Haki means everything against Devil Fruit Users
  • Whitebeard is dead
  • Roger was a fraud
  • Shiki is irrelevant
Katakuri is the weakest First Yonko Commander. Katakuri was a plot device for Luffy to awaken Future Sight. It was a great fight to watch though. So far King is the most important first commander, with ties to the Void Century and end game.
The strength between Luffy, Zoro, Sanji has always fluctuated. The case has always been Luffy >= Zoro >> Sanji.
Luffy and Zoro in combat have always been on a different level compared to the rest of the crew. For important meaningful titles Sanji has been grouped outside Luffy and Zoro. (Supernova, First Bounties, Rooftop, fight Pairs, rivals? (Smoker/Tashigi, Coby/Helmeppo, Lucci/Kaku, Croc/Mr1)...

Sanji is only relevant to the Monster Trio which only happens canonically every 400 chapters to remind us that Sanji is not weak bc he is grouped with Zoro who is very strong...

This new Wings stuff is to show us Monster Trio will not be dethroned with the addition of new crewmembers.

And like clockwork, the last time monster trio stuff was utilized was Fishman Island, roughly 400 chapters prior to this timed Monster Trio name drop (in the form of Wings). Sanji fans love this bc, association with Zoro makes Sanji look very strong without actually needing to have any feats. This way Oda can scale up Sanji in theory whilst disrespecting, abusing, and ridiculing his character 100x ways.

Admirals = Yonko
Mihawk > Admirals [If Zoro fights him last]
Mihawk > Each Yonko
  • Defeats Kaido bc CoC Coating AND Lethality of Blades (Basically Oden on Fentanyl, Crack, and Cocaine)
  • Above Meme bc Elemental attacks do jack nothing, plus Yoru > Napoleon + reasons above
  • Mihawk > Shanks by default
  • Mihawk > Blackbeard in Haki, Haki means everything against Devil Fruit Users
  • Whitebeard is dead
  • Roger was a fraud
  • Shiki is irrelevant
Katakuri is the weakest First Yonko Commander. Katakuri was a plot device for Luffy to awaken Future Sight. It was a great fight to watch though. So far King is the most important first commander, with ties to the Void Century and end game.
The strength between Luffy, Zoro, Sanji has always fluctuated. The case has always been Luffy >= Zoro >> Sanji.
Luffy and Zoro in combat have always been on a different level compared to the rest of the crew. For important meaningful titles Sanji has been grouped outside Luffy and Zoro. (Supernova, First Bounties, Rooftop, fight Pairs, rivals? (Smoker/Tashigi, Coby/Helmeppo, Lucci/Kaku, Croc/Mr1)...

Sanji is only relevant to the Monster Trio which only happens canonically every 400 chapters to remind us that Sanji is not weak bc he is grouped with Zoro who is very strong...

This new Wings stuff is to show us Monster Trio will not be dethroned with the addition of new crewmembers.

And like clockwork, the last time monster trio stuff was utilized was Fishman Island, roughly 400 chapters prior to this timed Monster Trio name drop (in the form of Wings). Sanji fans love this bc, association with Zoro makes Sanji look very strong without actually needing to have any feats. This way Oda can scale up Sanji in theory whilst disrespecting, abusing, and ridiculing his character 100x ways.
finally some real unpopular opinions :myman:

If I spelled Current Zoro > Current Luffy on paper expecially by rooftop feats (even by aspirations of becoming the World's strongest and the parallel with Ryuma that wise) it would likely not strike as that unpopular on this site despite finding a robust opposition/resistance to it and I guess that makes me content.

Monster trio -

Oda is going to show Luffy and Sanji lose a fight but not Zoro because of their characterization. If Luffy loses a fight a big aspect of his character is “Rubber bounces back” so he’s able to always get back up if he goes down. If Sanji loses a fight it still fits with his character and motivations as long as he doesn’t allow others to get killed or hurt in his place. Zoro on the other hands is a character all about winning. If he loses a fight or a clash, he loses more of his character Than the other members of the trio. As such to build up tension Oda will use Luffy and Sanji to hype up enemies, but not Zoro as hell have Luffy bounce back from defeat and have Sanji put himself in danger to protect the crewmates.

Kaidos end -

If Kaido is to die, Big Mom is most likely to do it. The introduction of the life debt and big mom gifting Kaido his devil fruit could be very particular foreshadowing for big mom to get it back. Especially with how she talked to perospero. I think it’s possible that Big Mom will kill a defeated Kaido and take his fruit back to feed it to the big mama chanter once it reaches the top of the waterfall (the story of the koi). Allowing Luffy to defeat Kaido, and Zoro to slay a dragon in the same arc without Zoro outshining Luffy.

Nami and Usopp -

Nami and Usopp will be the fourth and fifth most feared members of the straw hats end of series and will fight the admiral candidates in Chaton and momousagi.

Lhulu

Tobidara Believer
I think Wano is a pretty good arc all things considered

Makes my top 5 for sure!

Even with Tama and Yamato, i can get by those tbh :kayneshrug:
I agree.
I read a lot of the arc at once and I can say it was a great experience. The smiles and Yasuie's plot were very exciting. It's already my favorite Post-TS(let's see if Kaido will turn out to be a character as good as Doflamingo). Onigashima could be better too(the rushed fights are a shame).

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
Monster trio -

Oda is going to show Luffy and Sanji lose a fight but not Zoro because of their characterization. If Luffy loses a fight a big aspect of his character is “Rubber bounces back” so he’s able to always get back up if he goes down. If Sanji loses a fight it still fits with his character and motivations as long as he doesn’t allow others to get killed or hurt in his place. Zoro on the other hands is a character all about winning. If he loses a fight or a clash, he loses more of his character Than the other members of the trio. As such to build up tension Oda will use Luffy and Sanji to hype up enemies, but not Zoro as hell have Luffy bounce back from defeat and have Sanji put himself in danger to protect the crewmates.

Kaidos end -

If Kaido is to die, Big Mom is most likely to do it. The introduction of the life debt and big mom gifting Kaido his devil fruit could be very particular foreshadowing for big mom to get it back. Especially with how she talked to perospero. I think it’s possible that Big Mom will kill a defeated Kaido and take his fruit back to feed it to the big mama chanter once it reaches the top of the waterfall (the story of the koi). Allowing Luffy to defeat Kaido, and Zoro to slay a dragon in the same arc without Zoro outshining Luffy.

Nami and Usopp -

Nami and Usopp will be the fourth and fifth most feared members of the straw hats end of series and will fight the admiral candidates in Chaton and momousagi.
Agree with the first point.

However, if Kaido's going to die, it's definitely happening at the hands of Zoro. There's too much foreshadowing. Also, there's no way Zoro's going to kill a dragon that's not Kaido lol(Zoro literally said he wanted to take his head).

Chaton and the girl will probably fight Jinbe and Yamato, or Oda will just forget about them. Don't see a way for Nami to surpass Jinbe and Yamato bounty wise, maybe Usopp will.

Agree with the first point.

However, if Kaido's going to die, it's definitely happening at the hands of Zoro. There's too much foreshadowing. Also, there's no way Zoro's going to kill a dragon that's not Kaido lol(Zoro literally said he wanted to take his head).

Chaton and the girl will probably fight Jinbe and Yamato, or Oda will just forget about them. Don't see a way for Nami to surpass Jinbe and Yamato bounty wise, maybe Usopp will.
Zoro said he’s here to cut down kaido, not take his head. But even then, Kid said the same thing and I don’t buy that. Oda doesn’t have the protagonists kill the antagonists; however, Oda has set up the fact that Pirate Alliances are bound to end in betrayal. As such I think it’d be weird for this to have actual no payoff. Especially with BM who’s known for this exact thing. And I can see Oda playing up the gag of big moms ship not making it up the waterfall only for it to become an eastern dragon once it does is something he’d do. Just like his tamate box gag

As for Chaton and Momousagi, Jinbe and Yamato aren’t going to be as prominent as Usopp and Nami, and Oda creating two admira candidates the same time he created two new admirals who match Zoro and Sanji match ups, just seems to obvious for me. How Nami will surpass Jinbes bounty? Well once it’s revealed she stole big moms power to control the weather, that’s going to be huge.