General & Others Unpopular Opinions?

Live action is shit. It's incredibly mediocre and over hyped. Matt Owens is a hack. And One Piece fans would eat a dog turd if Oda told them to.
I wouldn't say it's shit, but they failed pretty hard at the characterization of all of the Straw Hats except Sanji, but even in his case the emotional aspect of his Baratie story was watered down hard.

Arlong Park was just straight-up a tragedy. Nojiko and the villagers hating Nami, Luffy listening to Nami's backstory and admitting to Arlong he can't beat him etc.

I wouldn't say it's shit, but they failed pretty hard at the characterization of all of the Straw Hats except Sanji, but even in his case the emotional aspect of his Baratie story was watered down hard.

Arlong Park was just straight-up a tragedy. Nojiko and the villagers hating Nami, Luffy listening to Nami's backstory and admitting to Arlong he can't beat him etc.
This was the worst part:

I finally have a guess as to what Luffy and Roger said that stunned Ace/Yamato/Whitebeard/Oden…

I think they’re saying “(With the One Piece/After becoming Pirate King) I’ll be able to rid the world of sadness!” Ace tells Yamato not to laugh at his brother and Whitebeard calls Roger a little boy, both of which imply whatever they say is really childish and optimistic, but because they are who they are, you wanna believe that they can actually do it. This would tie in with all the LAUGH Tale-He LAUGHed/JOY Boy/the SMILING Sun God Nika running theme of the whole series as well, although maybe not as neatly.
This is looking more likely imo.

Don’t even remember writing this, but yeah, I guess it’s still in play as a possible outcome…whatever it ends up being, I’d wager it’s a dumb and childish dream to fit with Luffy’s worldview, that much seems certain considering the character AND the author :luuh:
Yeah pretty much; So I was looking back at way older posts (and just so happened to run into this one), and reminded a lot of the shitty ass posts quite a bit of us had made etc( I'm guilty of it for sure)... also for a reason but that's besides the point. And honestly, it's not that terrible of a dream but not quite as Grand as we'd all probably hope for.

I just think Matt Owens is a hack is all, and Oda is under contract, so he's literally not allowed to say anything negative about the adaption. And it's in a weird paradox of "It's made for newcomers, not fans!" and "OMG the fanservice!" It just ticks every single box for a poorly made Netflix show, but because it has One Piece's name attached to it, the fans gobble it up. I honestly think these same people would like the 4Kids dub if Oda was forced under a contract to tell them it's good. I'm getting tired of complaining about the live action, but it's just so irritating seeing a painfully mid project get credit for everything this franchise built up for nearly 30 years. And it feels like I'm the only person seeing this. FUCK!

I just think Matt Owens is a hack is all, and Oda is under contract, so he's literally not allowed to say anything negative about the adaption. And it's in a weird paradox of "It's made for newcomers, not fans!" and "OMG the fanservice!" It just ticks every single box for a poorly made Netflix show, but because it has One Piece's name attached to it, the fans gobble it up. I honestly think these same people would like the 4Kids dub if Oda was forced under a contract to tell them it's good. I'm getting tired of complaining about the live action, but it's just so irritating seeing a painfully mid project get credit for everything this franchise built up for nearly 30 years. And it feels like I'm the only person seeing this. FUCK!
You aren't the only person who notices the flaws, but OPs live action blows all other LA out of the water. That doesn't make it good, but it's more so that the OP live action managed the bare minimum (which LAs never do).

Its less that OPs name is slapped on it, and more that stuff like the Bleach/Deathnote LA set a pathetically low bar to clear. The paradox isn't actually there IMO. There's a lot of fanservice, but is an extremely good jumping on point for newcomers... I know this because I have many friends who refuse to touch the main series due to its insane length, but gave the LA a genuine chance.

Most of them are now past Arlong Park for the main series. The LA converted some pretty stubborn OP haters and gave many people a way of trying the series out without being told "It gets good at AP/Alabasta/Jaya/etc". I personally haven't watched it because I have a harsh bias against LAs, but if non-fans rant and raved about it I don't see how it can't have at least some redeeming features. I mean, Netflix is stingy af and OP sold hard enough for 3+ seasons to be ordered within a week.

It can't just be hardcore OP fans blinded by their devotion, there's not enough blind Goda simps for that right?

I believe the OP LA, which surprised me, has one big perk.
It nails completely the theme of One Piece.
It nails that Zoro is cool, it nails (for the most part) that Luffy is carefree, that Usopp is unsufferable. The only that changed are Nami (less jaded and bitter) and Sanji(less pervy and more just cool).

It nails the emotional moments, it nails Nami asking for help, it nails Zoro vs Mihawk, it nails Sanji and Zeff's parting ways.
I don't like all the attention on Koby, I don't like him.
But it's enjoyable. And I was one of the ones ready to shit on it.

*Caribou will tell BB about the Ancient Weapons.Shirahoshi gets kidnapped.BB raids Wano and steals their Ancient Weapon. Yamato chases him and teams up with Luffy.
*Weevil will break free from Impel Down with Marco's help.Weevil,Doffy,Moriah and Perona will join Cross Guild.Buggy will find captain john treasure.Rayleigh or Crocks will tell Buggy how to get to Laught Tale.
*Law will team up with Shanks to fight BlackBeard. Kidd will team up with Blackbeard to kill Shanks.
*BlackBeard will eat a mythical devil fruit he will acquire soon. BlackBeard will awaken all 3 of his devil fruits.
*Blackbeard defeats and kill Shanks.Kidd defeats Law but spares him
*BlackBeard becomes King thnx to the ancient weapons and he turns Hachinosu as an island affiliate with the WG.
*Straw Hats+Law,Smoker,Koby,Sword marines and Big Mom Pirates remnants will all attack Blackbeard at the same time in Hachinosu island. Pirate Island will be destroyed and all BBP will die,except for Aokiji. All hostages are released.
*Scopper Gaban is The Man marked by the Flames. Luffy will meet him in road star(last island).
*CrossGuild and Straw Hats will fight for the Pirate King title.The Lurking legend(Shiki,Rocks or someone else) is back in the plot and has joined hands with Buggy. Luffy vs Shiki and Buggy vs Ussop happens in laught tale.
*Kidd will gather a huge fleet of new world veterans and attack the straw hats after Luffy is back from Laught Tale as PK.Straw Hats will massacre him and his fleet by themselves(similar to Ed war).
*Law and his crew goes after Dragon to know more about the D. clan.
*Dragon will go full 9/11 and attack Mariejoa by himself.Triggering a world war.
*Nations will rebel all over the world against the World Government.
*Final War will happen both at New MarineFord and Mariejoa at the same time.
*Red line will be destroyed to create the All Blue.
Post automatically merged:

One more:Red Hair pirates will have a Davy back fight in Elbaf with the Straw Hats.They are betting on who gets to keep the straw hat.SHP win.BBP will ambush RHP there after they are exhausted fighting.

Last edited:
The One Piece treasure is a Devil Fruit called, One Piece One Piece no Mi.

The twist at the end is that the readers are the only ones who can eat the One Piece One Piece no M, and the only way to awaken the One Piece One Piece no Mi is by reading all the One Piece material available.

Vivi could have been a better crewmate than Robin all those years ago. Thriller bark is the 2nd best arc
Davy back fight is better in the anime
Film gold is the only good one piece movie after movie 7.

Im guessing this is unpopular.

Everything about Bonney is a retcon, especially her age, her connection with Kuma, Kizaru, vegapunk, even her disease. All completely inconsistent with her characterization pre-ts.

It’s dead obvious that Oda didn’t plan for her to be 12 until literally a few chapters ago when people noticed that her personality changed so significantly that theories that she was actually Devon became popular.

too much disbelief for me to suspend.

Not just around Bonney , odas retconning in general of late is reaching unbearable levels to me, almost as bad as bleach.

Everything about Bonney is a retcon, especially her age, her connection with Kuma, Kizaru, vegapunk, even her disease. All completely inconsistent with her characterization pre-ts.

It’s dead obvious that Oda didn’t plan for her to be 12 until literally a few chapters ago when people noticed that her personality changed so significantly that theories that she was actually Devon became popular.

Not just around Bonney , odas retconning in general of late is reaching unbearable levels to me, almost as bad as bleach.
Oda:everything according to plan

I really don’t think it’s a retcon at all:
In SBS 68 oda gave the ages of all Supernova, however specifically said that Bonneys is only based on her appearance due to her fruit. So clearly oda planned on her being a different age than her appearance since back then at least

Bonneys past also was hinted at during Marineford when she was shown crying and in distress after the Marines showcased the pacifists project.

Combine this with Bonneys words when she goes to the new world saying “This is all his fault! Let’s go to the New World and find him!” We now know she was referring to Vegapunk who killed her dad

Finally there’s the scene right before the Timeskip where Sakazuki directly mentions that Bonney escaped the World government which sent a shiver down his spine

All of this really points to most of Bonneys and kumas history was already well in the works by the Time the Timeskip happened.

I really don’t think it’s a retcon at all:
In SBS 68 oda gave the ages of all Supernova, however specifically said that Bonneys is only based on her appearance due to her fruit. So clearly oda planned on her being a different age than her appearance since back then at least

Bonneys past also was hinted at during Marineford when she was shown crying and in distress after the Marines showcased the pacifists project.

Combine this with Bonneys words when she goes to the new world saying “This is all his fault! Let’s go to the New World and find him!” We now know she was referring to Vegapunk who killed her dad

Finally there’s the scene right before the Timeskip where Sakazuki directly mentions that Bonney escaped the World government which sent a shiver down his spine

All of this really points to most of Bonneys and kumas history was already well in the works by the Time the Timeskip happened.
See my post here about Oda’s foreshadowing/retconning style:
https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/forum/threads/was-rocks-planned.50026/page-2#post-4885412

This is very typical of him. He throws out a bunch of vague things around “him” something being “their fault”. In an sbs he makes her age uncertain (though alluded to it being in the mid 20’s). That doesn’t necessarily mean he had anything planned- it was more likely the opposite, he was giving himself room to fill in the blanks later. Since he keeps things vague, readers look at whatever hes come up with years later and take it to be a sign of foreshadowing.

The original statements are so open ended that almost anything could fit.

All Oda likely had planned pre-ts is uncertainty around her age, and that she had beef with someone.

Akainu’s statement actually doesn’t make sense in retrospect. She had no importance other than being a hostage, no reason for her escape to even bother Akainu, let alone “send shivers down his spine” . Though Oda will probably come up with something to attempt to make that make sense.

Edit: it’s actually even more nonsensical. By that point in time, Kuma was already brainless, which was literally the only reason Bonney was being kept locked up.

There’s nothing about her age that makes sense, she was especially well versed in world affairs, completely out of line with a child locked in a church her whole life. The fanbase is now scrambling to make sense of her arguably being the strongest prepubescent in history, on par with the likes of oden and big mom, with the justification being that she’d regularly spar with “tough” fisherman.

It’s obvious she was originally a middle of the road 20-something, not an exceptional 10-12 year old.

Oda:everything according to plan
the latest stuff about Kuma quietly watching Luffy before the main story began immediately reminded me of Aizen supposedly monitoring ichigo his entire life…

Last edited: