General & Others Unpopular Opinions?

WCI would have been better if Katakuri defeated Luffy and Luffy was forced to retreat while keeping Brulee hostage to justify Big Mom showing up on Wano to get Brulee back and free Her First Mate from the Mirror world

The overall theme of WCI is that the Strawhats get a humble pie and a glance of the gap between them and the Yonko crews. The problem is that that theme is Hugely undermined by Luffy defeating Katakuri. It only led to resentment from people who wanted Sanji Nami Chopper and Brook to have fights in that arc as Luffy got two fights while their favourite Strawhat didn't.
Yes I don't see the problem with portraying Luffy defeated, just like it occurred in Wano.

Zoro is the sole man to have sworn to never ever lose again. Kutakuri's defeat striked somewhat unnaturally contrived to me, mostly for the way Luffy could manage to overcome FS. Or like when Oda introduces new power ups too quickly..

One piece has been dissapointing since the time skip and Wano is a bad arc.

Theres no real stakes, we know our rubber hero will beat kaido with the power of friendship and move on to find the one piece. Big mom is a meme and a comic relief character at this point, she wont ever do anything serious to our heroes so she might as well retire to a hole before they embarrass her again.

At this point I hope oda ends wano soon so we can move on to more interesting things.

Theres no real stakes, we know our rubber hero will beat kaido with the power of friendship and move on to find the one piece. Big mom is a meme and a comic relief character at this point, she wont ever do anything serious to our heroes so she might as well retire to a hole before they embarrass her again.

At this point I hope oda ends wano soon so we can move on to more interesting things.
I’ve been like this for a while. I kind of want to just move on from this arc and get some deeper lore involved with the government. This arc hasn’t been all that for me but if I say that then fanboys attack lol. I’ve just found it a bit boring. Like even in the final battle we are getting comedic moments. It’s like there’s no stakes as of yet. I mean the scabbards not being dead is the biggest cop out of the century. Laws crew still not developed. Still not a single use of haki from Kid. King the 1st commander is still sitting on his hands. Constant Luffy wank from ace. Whitebeard not coming to fight Kaido after Oden death. Sanji messing around just like in enies lobby and Dressrosa, like twice was enough but a third time in Yonko territory? Come on. I could go on and on but for me the quicker this ends the better lol. 1001 was cool but majority of this arc been meh for me lol

Bruh, Nami and Usopp got bashed in their heads by an Ancient Zoan. No stakes?
You wanted them to die or something?

Luffy had a pretty good one Pre-time Skip with Robin, but Oda fucked that one up.
Robin doesn’t seem to be as keen at voicing her opinions and how often she might personally disagree with Luffy’s decisions, whether his comedic ones or dramatic ones. I recall that she objected to Luffy answering the distress signal at Punk Hazard on the basis of it probably being a fake, and I don’t really recall that happening often again.

I’m not saying there necessarily has to be more fights and arguments either, I just think that some of the most interesting interactions can come from how often characters, even captains and crewmates, disagree with one another and how they move forward from that.

Bruh, Nami and Usopp got bashed in their heads by an Ancient Zoan. No stakes?
You wanted them to die or something?
I know they are gonna be fine and thats an issue here. The sense of danger is long gone for me, they can beat ussop, nami, or any other SH to the ground but I know they will be fine.

Tbh idk what I expect about this situations at this point but oda has made it clear (through the story) that the SH are safe regardless so it feels like theres no real stakes here. The fact that luffy and company are messing around even in this "dire" situation just shows that theres no real danger for them. The yonkous are supposed to be the strongest pirates in the world, kaido 1 shotted luffy not long ago, but lol lets just mess around and mock the person who gets hit by big mom's fireballs...

I dont fear for the SHs anymore, they will be fine and they will find a way to defeat kaido so I just want to move on to the next arc. Some of the supernovas might make a sacrifice but I dont personally care much about them so yeah.

I know they are gonna be fine and thats an issue here. The sense of danger is long gone for me, they can beat ussop, nami, or any other SH to the ground but I know they will be fine.

Tbh idk what I expect about this situations at this point but oda has made it clear (through the story) that the SH are safe regardless so it feels like theres no real stakes here. The fact that luffy and company are messing around even in this "dire" situation just shows that theres no real danger for them. The yonkous are supposed to be the strongest pirates in the world, kaido 1 shotted luffy not long ago, but lol lets just mess around and mock the person who gets hit by big mom's fireballs...

I dont fear for the SHs anymore, they will be fine and they will find a way to defeat kaido so I just want to move on to the next arc. Some of the supernovas might make a sacrifice but I dont personally care much about them so yeah.
You have never read One piece, you have just skimmed through images...it is clear at this point...

Scabbards might die
:josad::sanmoji:

Scabbards might die
:josad::sanmoji:
One of them might but its to be expected at this point so I wouldnt be surprised. Their only objective in life right now is to avenge oden so they dont have any reason to continue past wano arc, they are pretty much expected to die here.

The "no sense of danger" I was talking about was related to the SH. Other characters might die but knowing oda it is heavily unlikely and it would require a HUGE flashback and/or exposition before oda commits to doing that, so no.

And im not from the UK but I like their sayings lol.

Last edited: