General & Others Ushimaru is a trans-man and Zoro's mom

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know people are going to shit on this theory but I feel like it could make sense.

There's no reason for Oda to build up Ushimaru's resemblance to zoro if they weren't related. However, Oda has confirmed that Ushimaru isn't Zoro's dad. So then how could they be related? I think there's a decent chance Ushimaru could actually be a trans man and Zoro's mom.

To start out, Oda is a pretty progressive author. He's had no issues letting LGBT people and trans people play major roles in the series. While these characters were initially introduced as goofy and eccentric, with Bon Clay and Ivankov, Oda's newer LGBT characters deviate greatly from this. Kiku, who is trans, and Yamato, who is arguably non-binary(I believe its confirmed that yamato uses male pronouns), are both relatively serious characters.

Kuina is a character who is very important to zoro. With Kuina, she had extreme talent as a swordsmen, but Koshiro doubted her because she was a girl. I think it would be kinda fitting if Zoro's mom was similar. She wanted to be a powerful swordsman, maybe even the WSSM, but was looked down upon due to being a woman. So eventually she encountered someone with ivankov's fruit and had that person turn her into a man.

Also, if Zoro is related to Ushimaru, its likely on his mom's side. His surname is roronoa after all.
He is not zoro dad but his grandpa -_-
Btw where did u get oda answered the question about their relation?
Zoro dad is greenbull trust me.

While I'm not sure there's any reason for this to happen, there's no reason so far that it shouldn't either. Claiming there's issues with this when there's no logical inaccuracies is stupid imo

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Ushimari was a man even before Zoro was born. For him to be Zoro's mom, he must be a woman when Zoro was born.

This incident happened even before Zoro's birth.

I know people are going to shit on this theory but I feel like it could make sense.

There's no reason for Oda to build up Ushimaru's resemblance to zoro if they weren't related. However, Oda has confirmed that Ushimaru isn't Zoro's dad. So then how could they be related? I think there's a decent chance Ushimaru could actually be a trans man and Zoro's mom.

To start out, Oda is a pretty progressive author. He's had no issues letting LGBT people and trans people play major roles in the series. While these characters were initially introduced as goofy and eccentric, with Bon Clay and Ivankov, Oda's newer LGBT characters deviate greatly from this. Kiku, who is trans, and Yamato, who is arguably non-binary(I believe its confirmed that yamato uses male pronouns), are both relatively serious characters.

Kuina is a character who is very important to zoro. With Kuina, she had extreme talent as a swordsmen, but Koshiro doubted her because she was a girl. I think it would be kinda fitting if Zoro's mom was similar. She wanted to be a powerful swordsman, maybe even the WSSM, but was looked down upon due to being a woman. So eventually she encountered someone with ivankov's fruit and had that person turn her into a man.

Also, if Zoro is related to Ushimaru, its likely on his mom's side. His surname is roronoa after all.
Best theory after SKS. I love it :finally:

Please explain how you went from "Kuina is considered weak beacuse she's female" ----> Therefore "Zoro mum is Ushimaru who is a trans-man"

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
but there's already a trans samurai
To whatever it's worth, people of Wano consider Kiku to be a man. They call him the most handsome swordsman or something.

Does this mean we can do threads on trans sanji?
Not acceptable. You're not allowed to make fun of Sanji.

Yes. Cuz if Zoro gets a trans dad then Sanji can too by that logic.
Yeah, just like how Sanji automatically gets everything that Zoro does.
We will be accused of transphobia, not good :sanmoji:
We don't care.

He is not zoro dad but his grandpa -_-
Btw where did u get oda answered the question about their relation?
Zoro dad is greenbull trust me.
Oda confirmed Ushimaru is not Zoro's father but he did not say they're not related.

While I'm not sure there's any reason for this to happen, there's no reason so far that it shouldn't either. Claiming there's issues with this when there's no logical inaccuracies is stupid imo
There is a logical fallacy i.e., Ushimaru was a man at the time of Zoro's birth.

here is a logical fallacy i.e., Ushimaru was a man at the time of Zoro's birth.
Do we know for a fact that Ushimaru didn't have female reproductive organs at the time? I don't actually subscribe to this all and I doubt that Oda would go anywhere near including queer relationships to such a degree. I just don't think people need to get bent out of shape over Zoro's parent(s) being trans

To whatever it's worth, people of Wano consider Kiku to be a man. They call him the most handsome swordsman or something.

Not acceptable. You're not allowed to make fun of Sanji.

Yeah, just like how Sanji automatically gets everything that Zoro does.

We don't care.

Oda confirmed Ushimaru is not Zoro's father but he did not say they're not related.

There is a logical fallacy i.e., Ushimaru was a man at the time of Zoro's birth.
Yeah in sbs he did confirmed that.
But whats more interesting is what he said after confirmed that.
He said there is should be a moment where onimaru got confused because of the similiarity of young ushimaru and zoro. They are like a closed friend back then after all. But oda cannot described it in the stoey because its too complicated.

:lusalty::lusalty:

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Do we know for a fact that Ushimaru didn't have female reproductive organs at the time? I don't actually subscribe to this all and I doubt that Oda would go anywhere near including queer relationships to such a degree. I just don't think people need to get bent out of shape over Zoro's parent(s) being trans
The premise of the theory is that Ushimaru was originally a woman who transformed into a man via Horu Horu no Mi after giving birth to Zoro because he/she wants to become a strong swordsman, meaning Ushimaru wasn't a man at the time of Zoro's birth.

Not all of them but most people aren't against Zoro having a transgender parent, they're mocking the reasons being used to say Zoro's parent is a trans person. Also, even if the theory is true, I don't even think you can technically call Ushimaru a trans person in a conventional sense. This isn't your usual transition from one gender identity to another, this is a complete transformation from one sex to another but that's a discussion for another day.

P.S.

Wait I didn't realize this. Fuck, nvm, you can lock this thread.
Closing at OP's request.

Status
Not open for further replies.