Speculations Usopp being vice captain is as canon as it gets.

I’m willing to wager Zoro has more Vice Captain moments than Usopp.

Removing Usopps bluffs and jokes there’s literally nothing going for him.
Zoro: nothing

Usopp created the flag for the ship. Got them their first ship. Appeared on the bounty with Luffy. Has all the former bounties of Luffy. Was originally designed as the firstmate. Is luffy's best friend and like an older brother. Both are considered gods. Both have statues and followers around the world. Both are sons of famous outlaws. Both took out celestial dragons.both awakened haki in battle whereas everybody else trained. Made luffys crew stronger by inventing the climate tact. Etc
Post automatically merged:

Elbaf truly will be the final make or break for Usopps character. If Elbaf comes and goes and Usopp does nothing, then nothing truly will ever redeem him.
True.

The minute Usopp left the crew is the moment he lost the right to call himself vice captain and Captain Usopp.
I disagree. The merry was part of the crew, and if hadn't been for him, his sacrifice and her, they would have all died in Enies Lobby.
Being part of the crew is also going against it if they don't understand what the problem is.
The crew handled the damages extremely coldly, and Usopp, already "useless", just felt directly involved, as he was the next useless one.

I disagree. The merry was part of the crew, and if hadn't been for him, his sacrifice and her, they would have all died in Enies Lobby.
Being part of the crew is also going against it if they don't understand what the problem is.
The crew handled the damages extremely coldly, and Usopp, already "useless", just felt directly involved, as he was the next useless one.
Merry’s death still makes me sad. She was so loyal! Usopp did show tremendous growth, but after he apologizes for leaving he stops trying to insert himself as vice captain/captain of the crew. Reuniting with the crew was Usopp realizing that being a pirate isn’t a game. I hope Oda gives us another moment of Usopp’s growth and maturity again. Wano regressed him, which was disappointing. Everyone has setbacks, so I think he will be ok.

Last edited: