Theory Usopp Will Beat Van Augur's Warp With Observation Haki

Is this gonna happen? Will Usopp overcome the warp ability this way?

• Yes

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The Warp-Warp Fruit that is used by Van Augur will have the same weakness against Observation Haki that Katakuri's attacks did when Luffy fought him.

In order to predict where Katakuri was going to attack him, Luffy had to learn how to predict where the attacks would come from. He achieved this by using his sense of Observation Haki to detect where Katakuri's intention would be directed.

The same principle is true for Van Augur's Devil Fruit abilities. BEFORE warping, Van Augur has to create a location that he intends/wills his ability to activate, so whenever he warps- there is a precursor Haki signature already present that can be detected.

Since Usopp has previously shown the ability to detect Haki signatures, especially at long range- it's possible that he will counter Van Augur's abilities with this strategy.

Then, the fight will simply come down to whoever is the better sniper.

Assuming the word "warp" doesn't allow Van Augur to like... Warp reality. Then, it's a whole new ball game, again, but I doubt shit like that will happen.

If this fight actually happens... then I expect it to go like this...

1. Usopp struggles because Van Augur is warping and he can't locate him. Therefore, he can't deliver a shot.
2. Usopp becomes heavily damaged, and he starts to panic.
3. Usopp goes through a moment of clarity- becomes awakened to a heightened state of observation.
4. Usopp is now able to locate Van Augur, but he misses his first shot because Van Augur warped again.
5. Usopp notices that Van Augur has been creating a pattern to the locations he chooses (vantage points).
6. Usopp launches an attack and hits every location at the same time.

Something to this effect may occur.

Additionally, I hope Usopp puts the Sogeking mask on for his showdown with Van Auger. As if to say he really is the Sniper King, now. Besides, both of them would be wearing funky hats/masks in a sniper duel. I think that's cool 😎

Last edited:
given how oda is working now , expect most of SH fight to be off panelled lmao. and this includes zoro too.

we are reaching the end , everything is about asspull nika now.

Those beliefs you have about the story are often just biases...

Suggesting that Oda has to remember Usopp has Observation Haki is absurd.
Suggesting that Oda shifted his pace to be so fast that he will off-panel every Straw Hat potential fight except Luffy's fights is also absurd.

Luffy always gets stuck somewhere.

Like, in Udon.

Even with his Nika abilities, I'm sure that's still going to happen. Those are one of a few opportunities that will surely present themselves for other characters to make developments.

I don't expect much time for the weaker strawhats, especially not many battle panels where they evolve.
So them, say usop, gaining such an advanced feat like FS would look super unrealistic.

Which is why that won't happen.