Powers & Abilities Usopp will need to use guns to beat Page One

I think its finally time, time that Usopp put away his toys

Right now, he is going up against one of the strongest members of the beast pirates. Someone who not only is a haki user but also has an ancient zoan. A fruit that makes him extremely durable to the point to where he can tank hits from both Luffy and Sanji.

How on earth is Usopp going to both defeat someone like this and grow stronger while doing so? For nami, I see an easy way out for her beating Ulti. All she needs to do is merely steal back Zeus and she could believably be strong enough to face Ulti. I think Nami should also learn observation haki in the process to make this more believable, but its not necessary.

But for Usopp, I cannot see a clear way for him to beat Page One without it being via some sort of bullshit. Like him tricking Page into falling off a cliff or accidentally cuffing himself in sea stone or something along those lines. And while Oda could easily have Usopp win that way, I would really prefer it if he didn't. Simply because I think the straw hats need to grow stronger.

Usopp's opponent on the blackbeard pirates is Van Auger. How is he going to beat that guy if he isn't going to become stronger in one of the most critical arcs of the series. Its not enough for Usopp to bullshit his way out of this. While I'm sure some form of trickery or whatever will be involved, the final line here is that Usopp needs to become stronger.

I think that the only way for Usopp to even stand a chance against page one is if he finally starts acting like a real sniper and picks up a gun. We already saw that his plant attacks didn't do any damage to the zoans whatsoever. I don't know why he wouldn't even try to use one. Surely he can steal them from some fodder.

My idea is that after this initial encounter, Usopp will probably steal some guns off the beast pirates to use against Page. Initially, this will be a failure. Due to Page One's armament haki, the bullets simply bounce off his body. But through the course of the fight, usopp will learn how to use armament haki which will ultimately allow him to shoot Page One.

Post-timeskip Usopp dropped actual ammunition and replaced it with plants yet you want him to pick up a gun, the most generic representation of a sniper? That's clearly not how Oda thinks, our guy will remain a slingshot user.
Can he use haki on those plants? Those plants are strong but he obviously needs something different to take out page one.

Usopp is going to need some form of supernatural power to beat page. I think the best route to go would be to have him use haki, but if he were to use haki, then wouldn't a gun be more effective than his slingshot?

If Oda doesn't go this route then he mind as well give usopp a devil fruit.

Your suggestion just like people asking

Sanji to fight with hand
To be fair Oda did completely change the fighting styles of the Monster Trio in Enies Lobby

Sanji went from a Martial artist into a wizard who can control fire, and now he has a Power Ranger suit

Zoro was a No nonsense Swordman, then Ashura happened

Luffy was a strategist who used the right move for the right time, now he relies on Gears to Punch harder

Don't know how Usopp using a gun when he was shown threatening Robin with a guy very early on is in anyway worst than what happened to the Monster Trio

Yeah very durable opponents are definitely his weakness, even if his arsenal is still pretty powerful otherwise.
That's a very interesting topic. After the recent chapter I asked myself aswell, how Ussop could get out of that..
The thing is, in order to put haki onto your weapons, you have to be able to a) control your haki flow and be additionally able to b) let it flow off your body.
Oda basically would have to make him an advanced CoA user from one moment to the other. And he would also have to switch his main weapon aswell.
How likely is that going to happen? Imo it's not going to happen so quickly.
All the while Ussop is not able to fight a battle of endurance here, in which he could unlock a haki power up.

Difficult to come up with a solid solution.

Motherfucker needs to learn CoA and be able to coat some of his projectiles with it. His plants can be tricky but it has its limits when the opponent is physically too strong. So being able to fire some haki coated shot from distance might be a good thing for a sniper.

As for Nami, learning CoO would be nice with taking Zeus back. I know some people don't like that because it makes big mom look bad but she already looks bad and I personally don't care about her. She is going to be defeated anyway.

has guns ever been effective in One Piece , I would love to see Oda draw a fight for Izo/VanAugur/Yasopp cause I still dont understand how their fights supposed to go or be at all

esepcially Yasopp who's hyped up a lot as a top tier character , i dont know how ranged fighters could exist in One Piece and not either be useless nor completetly broken one shotting ppl

Here comes another problem with a character's strength in one piece which people just assume slapping CoA on it will magically fix without thinking about how it works.
It seems a lot of people forget that Usopp fires SEEDS, not actual weapons. The seeds, upon impact or mid-air or after entering the ground, changes into something else(normally far bigger). How does CoA help that since its basic function is to harden/protect?
How does for example his piercing bamboos attack work with CoA? He fires off the CoA hardened seeds(which doesn't make sense to begin with, else how will they germinate) which hit the ground and then grow into thousands of CoA coated bamboos? Even ignoring the ridiculousness of that, isn't that Douglas Bullet levels of CoA, considering the sheer size/number?
Let's face it, while the slingshot makes Usopp unique as a sniper, a gun will be needed at some point in order to fight stong gun users(eg. Yasopp, Van Auger) and to make use of CoA. And it doesn't have to replace the slingshot, it can be Usopp's G4/Asura where he doesn't use it except he absolutely has to.