Villain thread

Here in this thread we will talk about the various villains and other antagonists in the many works of fiction whenever they are live-action films, animated, comic books, mangas, anime or video games antagonists.

You can say and talk about who your favorite villain or antagonist is and why he/she is so, the reasons why you love him/her, and you can also introduce other villains that you love or that you think are underrated.

Which villains are you going to pick and talk about ?

S

Shuyaku

Hm, it's rare for me to really side with the bad guy to be honest, i generally dig those with relatable traits and/or complex morality code.

My top anime villains are Yoshikage Kira from JoJo, Garou (One Punch Man) and Light Yagami (Death Note), if you consider the latter that. Probably Frieza for how iconic he is.

In movies i go with Thanos, Joker, Patrick Bateman and Tyler Durden

In video games, Wesker (Resident Evil), Sephiroth (FF7), Genichiro (Sekiro)

Tons of stuff i'm probably missing though.

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorites would be :

Joker (comics, Mark Hamill, Heath Ledger, Joaquin Phoenix versions) , Azula, Thanos, Darth Vader, Darth Bane, Darth Plagueis, Darth Nihilus, Arthas the Lich King, Thrawn, General Grievous, Hannibal Lecter, Hank Scorpio, Darkseid in the DCAU, the Night King from Game of Thrones (he was the only character still cool in the last seasons of Game of Thrones), Orochimaru and Nox.

Shisui

Never Feed The Badders Pasta
Oh man, I love almost every villians in comics.
My favourite villians are Thanos, Darkseid, Magneto, Doflamingo, Vegeta, Despero, Superboy Prime, Injustice Superman, Dr Doom, Gorr the God Butcher, Malekith, Mangog, Maestro(Hulk), Deathstroke, Bullseye, Lady Shiva, Kingpin, Bane, Joker, Ra's al Ghul, Lex Luthor, HP Doomsday, Trion Juggernaut, Red Skull, Lobo, Sabretooth, Sinestro, Lucifer, Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn, Kraven the Hunter, Mongul Sr and Jr, Dr Octopus, Venom, Carnage, e.t.c
Those are the ones I could think of atm....

PS: For fans of Thor, Gorr the God Butcher will be Thor's next villian in MCU.:funky:

I think Joffrey or Baelish or Tywin are better villains than night king in GOT

The best of GOT has always been the human parts not the magic ones
In the first half, not in the second where the Night King and the White Walkers became the only thing that really still hyped me about the series outside of the music.

The massacre of Hardome was so awesome, well done, sad and terrifying at the same time.

My favorite villain would be Doctor Doom. I think he's the definition of what a good villain should be.

Besides Doom, I like a lot of Marvel villains: Magneto, Loki, Baron Zemo, Doctor Octopus, Venom, Mysterio, Green Goblin, Thanos, Galactus, Ultron, Kang, Dormammu, Dark Phoenix, Scarlet Witch, etc.

Outside the Marvel universe, I like Darth Vader, Darth Revan, Darth Maul, Mr. Freeze, Sephiroth, Golbez (FFIV), Edelgard (FE: Three Houses), Xigbar (KH), Xehanort (KH) and his different versions, Oogie Boogie, Hades (Disney) and Maleficent.

From One Piece: Katakuri, Crocodile, Doflamingo and Blackbeard.

Sauron
He’s the personification of evil and malice. You need to know his backstory, the Sauron in the movies is just a little part of him. He destroyed so much kingdoms and terrorised middle earth for ages. He was an holy being and from the same race as Gandalf. Later he fell for the darkness.

Millennium Earl

Explaining why he’s such an great villain without spoiling something is hard. He’s a character with depth and his true identity makes him so great.

Askaladd

one of the best written characters of all time.
His motivation, inner thoughts and view of the world is something else. He’s really smart and strong, a great tactician and warrior. He’s complex and you understand his views but he’s also a ruthless villain.