News Volume 99 coming on June 2021

I swear people in this forum have low IQ, why nobody commented that Luffy is being put on the same pedestal as Kaido and Big Mom, which means that figuratively he's portrayed and acknowledged by the author to be on a similar level to both of them(note that I'm talking about portrayal and not strength). Now back to the Zoro and Sanji stuff, look guys Zoro IS stronger than Sanji okay always been and will always be but the gap will not be as big as people make it out to be and by the end of Wano it will be Luffy>>Zoro>Sanji and STFU because you guys ain't Oda and one more thing......***k everyone in this stupid forum, ***k YOU
Post automatically merged:

I believe the final fight of the arc will be a 3 way of Luffy vs Kaido vs Big Mom

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Maybe.

She can be stronger, and she can even remain stronger if she doesn't join the SH's.

If she does join, sooner or later we will end up at the same place with the M3 > :kayneshrug:
Sorry, nothing Sanji is going to do from now to EOS would compare to fighting Kaido 1 vs 1 for any length of time.

In fairness, Yamato may not outperform her Wano feats until perhaps the final war.

Like, who do you imagine Sanji is going to defeat in future that will justify a placement above Yamato?

Present the scenario to me.

What sequence of events are you envisioning where I would agree that Sanji > Yamato.

If Yamato fights and defeats an injured Jack and Sanji solos Queen or King, I would agree that Sanji > Yamato. No need to argue M3 to me, the feats speak for themselves.

So present it. When you say that Sanji > Yamato, what expectations is it cashing out to? What are the scenarios you envision?

Sorry, nothing Sanji is going to do from now to EOS would compare to fighting Kaido 1 vs 1 for any length of time.

In fairness, Yamato may not outperform her Wano feats until perhaps the final war.

Like, who do you imagine Sanji is going to defeat in future that will justify a placement above Yamato?

Present the scenario to me.

What sequence of events are you envisioning where I would agree that Sanji > Yamato.

If Yamato fights and defeats an injured Jack and Sanji solos Queen or King, I would agree that Sanji > Yamato. No need to argue M3 to me, the feats speak for themselves.

So present it. When you say that Sanji > Yamato, what expectations is it cashing out to? What are the scenarios you envision?
There will be obvious elements of portrayal and future opponents they are going to get.

Like with Jimbe now fighting a Flying Six while Sanji's projected to fight Queen, in spite of all the previous wank Jimbe got for taking attacks from Akainu at MF or Big Mom in WCI.

That's if Yamato joins, which i am not convinced will happen. She could be this arcs Wyper, and then there would be no issue with her strength being equal or higher than Sanji's even EoS.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
There will be obvious elements of portrayal and future opponents they are going to get.

Like with Jimbe now fighting a Flying Six while Sanji's projected to fight Queen, in spite of all the previous wank Jimbe got for taking attacks from Akainu at MF or Big Mom in WCI.
I don't think this matters.

I don't think Zoro/Yamato/Luffy are going to exceed their Onigashima feats until EOS.

Zoro's Elbaf battle, Shiryuu, etc. don't really compare to scarring Kaido, blocking Hakai or ZKK.

Yamato is going to 1 vs 1 her father. She'll lose eventually, but given that Oda is saving her DF reveal for her father (and is barring her from getting into a protracted fight with anyone else before she fights Kaido), I'm pretty confident that it's going to be a full fledged fight and not a one sided beatdown.

There's no one stronger than Kaido that Yamato will fight till the end of the series, so it doesn't matter if she fights the weakest member of any crew they come across, as no matter what she does, she'll never surpass what she displayed vs Kaido.

Given Kaido's status in the One Piece world, it's extremely hard to top fighting him 1 vs 1. EOS Yamato may never do so. This is why I'm sceptical of the Sanji > Yamato claims, it's just not plausible.

Not unless Oda asspulls antagonists stronger than Kaido.

Had Jimbe actually held his own against Sakazuki in a 1 vs 1, I wouldn't really care that he's fighting a Tobi Roppo, he'll still be stronger than Sanji.

If Jimbe's previous performance placed him at YC 1, and I had no reason to believe Oda retconned him, I wouldn't downgrade him just cause he was currently fighting someone weaker than him.

Zoro fought Monet at Punk Hazard while Smoker, Sanji and Law fought the much stronger Vergo in separate battles.

That's if Yamato joins, which i am not convinced will happen.
Is there any reason other than disrupting the M3 that you doubt this will happen?

Last edited:

I don't think Zoro/Yamato/Luffy are going to exceed their Onigashima feats until EOS.

Zoro's Elbaf battle, Shiryuu, etc. don't really compare to scarring Kaido blocking Hakai or ZKK.

Yamato is going to 1 vs 1 her father. She'll lose eventually, but given that Oda is saving her DF reveal for her father (and is barring her from getting into a protracted fight with anyone else before she fights Kaido), I'm pretty confident that it's going to be a full fledged fight and not a one sided beatdown.

There's no one stronger than Kaido that Yamato will fight till the end of the series, so it doesn't matter if she fights the weakest member of any crew they come across, as no matter what she does, she'll never surpass what she displayed vs Kaido.

Given Kaido's status in the One Piece world, it's extremely hard to top fighting him 1 vs 1. EOS Yamato may never do so. This is why I'm sceptical of the Sanji > Yamato claims, it's just not plausible.

Had Jimbe actually held his own against Sakazuki in a 1 vs 1, I wouldn't really care that he's fighting a Tobi Roppo, he'll still be stronger than Sanji.

If Jimbe's previous performance placed him at YC 1, and I had no reason to believe Oda retconned him, I wouldn't downgrade him just cause he was currently fighting someone weaker than him.

Zoro fought Monet at Punk Hazard while Smoker, Sanji and Law fought the much stronger Vergo in separate battles.

Is there any reason other than disrupting the M3 that you doubt this will happen?
So if she fights Kaido for a bit, and going further she get's in every arc weaker opponents than Sanji, and she's excluded from moments of portrayal that push Sanji above her, you'd continue to scale her above Sanji based on your interpretation of her interaction with Kaido ?

Btw, Yamato is Kaido's child, so that alone could buy time in extending whatever interaction Yamato get's to have with Kaido, and prolongue the time it takes until the moment he decide's he's had enough of Yamato's rebelion.

I don't really have a strong stance in regards to Yamato joining or not. I don't see anything definitive for why Yamato will 100% join, or why Yamato 100% can't join the crew.

I will say that i find it weird that Yamato was introduced only in the third act of Wano, when compared to previous crewmates in the arcs they join.

We've seen Franky as early as W7 and Brook before the SH's even reached TB. It's odd to me how late Yamato became part of the Wano story if that's the new crewmate we're going to get.

Zoro's Elbaf battle, Shiryuu, etc. don't really compare to scarring Kaido, blocking Hakai or ZKK.

Your opinion does not matter whatsoever to me, at the end it's just your opinion so who cares what you think is right?

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
So if she fights Kaido for a bit, and going further she get's in every arc weaker opponents than Sanji, and she's excluded from moments of portrayal that push Sanji above her, you'd continue to scale her above Sanji based on your interpretation of her interaction with Kaido ?
If Yamato's performance vs Kaido places her at low top tier in my tier list, I wouldn't later downgrade her because she fights weaker opponents.

Zoro faced a weaker opponent than Sanji in Punk Hazard.

I believe Fishman Island Zoro was well above Luffy (Zoro didn't grow significantly until Enma), yet Luffy got the stronger opponent.

Or, I just don't agree with this logic of fighting stronger opponents = stronger. And it's not something I've ever agreed with.

If Yamato is pushed by an opponent I believed to be weaker than her, then I might downgrade her. But fighting someone weaker than Sanji's opponent doesn't make her weaker than Sanji.

I didn't downgrade Zoro because he was given Monet. Zoro negged Monet, so Monet can't be used to scale him.

Even if Sanji had beaten Vergo in a very high difficulty fight but Zoro negged Monet it wouldn't be proof Sanji > Zoro.

Jimbe isn't going below Sanji just cause he's fighting Who's Who. It's because he's been fighting Who's Who for several hours and hasn't beaten him. I expect to end up scaling Jimbe to Who's Who or (at maximum) Jack level, while I expect to end up scaling Sanji to Queen level.

If Jimbe stomped Who's Who, I would have kept him above Sanji.

Btw, Yamato is Kaido's child, so that alone could buy time in extending whatever interaction Yamato get's to have with Kaido, and prolongue the time it takes until the moment he decide's he's had enough of Yamato's rebelion.
  • Kaido has been repeatedly beating Yamato up since childhood.
  • Kaido placed cuffs on her that will kill her if she left her prison.
    • He was ready to kill her outright for defying him.

The idea that Kaido will not fight Yamato seriously is not currently borne out in the manga. Especially not when he's willing to kill her if she steps out of the role he's fashioned for her.

I don't really have a strong stance in regards to Yamato joining or not. I don't see anything definitive for why Yamato will 100% join, or why Yamato 100% can't join the crew.

I will say that i find it weird that Yamato was introduced only in the third act of Wano, when compared to previous crewmates in the arcs they join.

We've seen Franky as early as W7 and Brook before the SH's even reached TB. It's odd to me how late Yamato became part of the Wano story if that's the new crewmate we're going to get.
My take on Yamato joining the crew.